Sign in to follow this  
RD28327

What other states may do regarding the 2020 HS football season ...

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

I think there is a real possibility that we will be driving to SC to watch HS Football

You will have to tell us some good places to go to.

One of the option’s in Georgia is to shorten playoffs, with only conference champions participating in playoffs 

The biggest issue besides the safety of kids, coaches, officials, and fans is how do you conduct football in an empty stadium? The sport is important for so many reasons for many people. But, the revenue is vital to schools to have sports. I think in Cumberland County each school gets like $2000 for sports. The rest of the funding is from gate receipts, fundraisers, booster clubs. So, what is the point financially for schools to play football with empty stands? Yes it is important for so many kids especially to teach them discipline, team work, commitment, courage, work ethic, and keep them busy to avoid all the pitfalls of society they deal with today. Drugs, gangs, etc. Which are real problems. But I'm trying to figure out the validity of having football with no fans in HS. Doesn't make sense to me.

12 hours ago, Steelers71 said:

The biggest issue besides the safety of kids, coaches, officials, and fans is how do you conduct football in an empty stadium? The sport is important for so many reasons for many people. But, the revenue is vital to schools to have sports. I think in Cumberland County each school gets like $2000 for sports. The rest of the funding is from gate receipts, fundraisers, booster clubs. So, what is the point financially for schools to play football with empty stands? Yes it is important for so many kids especially to teach them discipline, team work, commitment, courage, work ethic, and keep them busy to avoid all the pitfalls of society they deal with today. Drugs, gangs, etc. Which are real problems. But I'm trying to figure out the validity of having football with no fans in HS. Doesn't make sense to me.

Lots of things dont make sense but the entire world is now doing things that didnt make sense 8 weeks ago. I dont think you will play with no people in the stands. I do think it will be restricted and you will have stickers set up 6 feet apart where people can sit no more than 2 people in one spot.  Educators will need to adapt just like everywhere else. 

58 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Lots of things dont make sense but the entire world is now doing things that didnt make sense 8 weeks ago. I dont think you will play with no people in the stands. I do think it will be restricted and you will have stickers set up 6 feet apart where people can sit no more than 2 people in one spot.  Educators will need to adapt just like everywhere else. 

I don't mind adapting. I just think it will be insane trying to get HS kids to wear a mask and social distance. Can't wait for that "discussion" with students. 

Right now, I don't think that any state has a concrete plan about what they're gonn do with high school football in the fall ...

Sign in to follow this