Sign in to follow this  
The Herd

Richmond County/Tarboro In 2021?

Rate this topic

If Tarboro is ready to step up their game for 2021 and play Richmond it's doable I believe if they have a good following that will travel for 2hrs. and 45min to support their team. Sometime you got to get out of your comfort zone and just go for it, I know their kids would love the challenge. Later.

1 hour ago, The Herd said:

If Tarboro is ready to step up their game for 2021 and play Richmond it's doable I believe if they have a good following that will travel for 2hrs. and 45min to support their team. Sometime you got to get out of your comfort zone and just go for it, I know their kids would love the challenge. Later.

We talking about Richmond from Rockingham? Boy that would be something, Tarboro would definitely be heavy underdogs if this game happened. Our fans would definitely get behind it

6 minutes ago, ARaiderFan said:

That would be a long ride home...

After the way we got torched in the State title game last season I feel like it would go the exact same way against Richmond. I will say however I've seen a lot of Tarboro defensive backs on Instagram running new routes. And yes it definitely would be a long ride.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:37 AM, Tarborovikingsfan2018 said:

We talking about Richmond from Rockingham? Boy that would be something, Tarboro would definitely be heavy underdogs if this game happened. Our fans would definitely get behind it

Good morning My Man how are you. Listen you said your fans would fill the visitors side at Richmond right? Now will your booster club and Gurley help to raises 15 grands to bring them to Tarboro? Check with your sources at Tarboro and make sure before this goes any further because trust me Richmond is down but they want to know can you guys bring a crowd. It's all about the Benjamin you know. If you guys can do that it's possible for 2021 but he want to see what is conference schedule look like first. Also like I said you can also bring in a top tier team from outside of Richmond, VA. would your people be interested in that as an alternative? Later.

Just now, The Herd said:

Good morning My Man how are you. Listen you said your fans would fill the visitors side at Richmond right? Now will your booster club and Gurley help to raises 15 grands to bring them to Tarboro? Check with your sources at Tarboro and make sure before this goes any further because trust me Richmond is down but they want to know can you guys bring a crowd. It's all about the Benjamin you know. If you guys can do that it's possible for 2021 but he want to see what is conference schedule look like first. Also like I said you can also bring in a top tier team from outside of Richmond, VA. would your people be interested in that as an alternative? Later.

Hey, also there are a few schools just as good as Richmond Senior right there in the 757 area that would be interested if your guys didn't mind traveling for a couple of hours and do a home and home with them. Would you guys be interested in during something like that also?

5 hours ago, The Herd said:

Hey, also there are a few schools just as good as Richmond Senior right there in the 757 area that would be interested if your guys didn't mind traveling for a couple of hours and do a home and home with them. Would you guys be interested in during something like that also?

I feel like we could do a home-and-home series what other schools would be interested in us in the 757 area?

5 hours ago, Tarborovikingsfan2018 said:

I feel like we could do a home-and-home series what other schools would be interested in us in the 757 area?

There are several if you guys would call them such as Lake Taylor,I.C. Norcom, Booker T. Washington,Catholic which use to be Bishop Sullivan you guys could hang with them even Indian River. But you got to make the call. Also Highland Springs a national known team they played in Greensboro last season and Coach Johnson will play anybody. Oscar Smith they probably won't heck Northeastern has been trying to schedule them for years so I heard and they always come up with an excuse regarding there schedule being full three years out.Later.

12 hours ago, The Herd said:

Listen you said your fans would fill the visitors side at Richmond right? 

I have been to both stadiums.  Richmond’s visitor side probably seats close to what both sides at Tarboro seats.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, The Herd said:

There are several if you guys would call them such as Lake Taylor,I.C. Norcom, Booker T. Washington,Catholic which use to be Bishop Sullivan you guys could hang with them even Indian River. But you got to make the call. Also Highland Springs a national known team they played in Greensboro last season and Coach Johnson will play anybody. Oscar Smith they probably won't heck Northeastern has been trying to schedule them for years so I heard and they always come up with an excuse regarding there schedule being full three years out.Later.

What state is highland springs from?

3 hours ago, Tarborovikingsfan2018 said:

What state is highland springs from?

Highland Springs H.S. isn't that far from Richmond,VA..

20 minutes ago, The Herd said:

Highland Springs H.S. isn't that far from Richmond,VA..

Also there is another school right out side of Petersburg,VA. in the town of Chester called Life Christian Academy coached be Charles Scott that play a very good schedule and will come to Tarboro because they travel from FL. to CT. to play teams and is only 2hrs. from Tarboro and Coach Scott is very easy to talk too if you guys are interested. There are teams that would love to play Tarboro but the power to be got to reach out to them. They will do a one year of a home and home if you guys want that also. They don't have a large roster but will play anybody, that's what I like about them. Their schedule this season is Milton,Ga.,ST.Thomas More,CT.,IMG,Varsity Opponent,Elder from Cincinnati,Royal Institute,MD.,Friendship Collegiate,DC. another school that will come to Tarboro if asked,ST. Frances Academy, ST.John,DC. and Dematha,MD.. You see they will play you guys whether they win or lose.  Later.

I wonder why all these Virginia schools have open dates? Do they only schedule year to year? I would think a school like Dematha would have it's football schedule full for several years into the future. It only makes sense because of the level of opponents needed to be a "national" level team. LCA only played 10 games last season and only have 10 scheduled this season. I would bet they are full next season as well. 

I am a firm believer of playing outside of NC when a team can. I have suggested for years we have "boarder wars" with Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia but schools don't seem to want to cross state lines to play all that often.

In Jackson County, where I work, you have to get school board approval to take an activity bus across state lines, so that might be a problem in other counties as well. Some teams in WNC regularly play teams from Tenn and Georgia (Cloudland, Towns Co, Rabun Gap, Copper Basin, Hapeville Charter, etc..) but these teams typically are 1A and 2A.

I would love to see Tarboro play some of these teams mentioned to see how they stack up against teams that are equal or more talented athletically. 

8 hours ago, Paul Graham said:

I wonder why all these Virginia schools have open dates? Do they only schedule year to year? I would think a school like Dematha would have it's football schedule full for several years into the future. It only makes sense because of the level of opponents needed to be a "national" level team. LCA only played 10 games last season and only have 10 scheduled this season. I would bet they are full next season as well. 

I am a firm believer of playing outside of NC when a team can. I have suggested for years we have "boarder wars" with Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia but schools don't seem to want to cross state lines to play all that often.

In Jackson County, where I work, you have to get school board approval to take an activity bus across state lines, so that might be a problem in other counties as well. Some teams in WNC regularly play teams from Tenn and Georgia (Cloudland, Towns Co, Rabun Gap, Copper Basin, Hapeville Charter, etc..) but these teams typically are 1A and 2A.

I would love to see Tarboro play some of these teams mentioned to see how they stack up against teams that are equal or more talented athletically. 

Yes some of them just schedule their non-conference game from year to year and some schedule a home and home it all depend on the teams involved. Dematha always try to include a well known team with their non-conference schedule every year if possible. Life Christian Academy is looking for team this season for the 4th week of the season. Teams from northeastern NC. usually play teams from the 757 area every year especially Northeastern if possible. Lake Taylor or Indian River would be a good match up for Tarboro if Tarboro administration reach out to them. Coach Sawyer at Lake Taylor is very reasonable when it comes to his non-conference schedule also LCA. If Tarboro reach out now it a good chance they will be able to get it done for 2021. Also teams from northeastern NC. have started a "boarder war" basketball classic with teams from the 757 area for the last three years and split the wins and lost with them. If Tarboro fans request it with support from the booster club it can happen. The 757 area  teams aren't that far away you know. Manteo in NC. is farther than the 757 area. Later.

Even though they are miles apart I think it'd be a awesome matchup if we had a time machine to go back into the nineties it be even more better when Tarboro was a 3A school.  But even as they shrunk down over two decades to 1A they've had consistent well coached teams so this matchup could go either way.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ace Newman said:

Even though they are miles apart I think it'd be a awesome matchup if we had a time machine to go back into the nineties it be even more better when Tarboro was a 3A school.  But even as they shrunk down over two decades to 1A they've had consistent well coached teams so this matchup could go either way.  

I think it would be a shootout personally. Would we win? Idk lol I wanna say yes, but we gotta play better defensively

32 minutes ago, btango said:

I don’t think it would have been very close this past season.  

Nope Richmond would have carved our secondary up like a hit knife through butter. Now if we were talkin 2018 then it might be interesting

• Thanks 1

What is the benefit for Richmond to play Tarboro? Richmond should be reaching out to East Forsyth, Charlotte schools, SC schools (Byrnes, Dorman, South Pointe, Darlington, Dillon)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its not the size of the school that matters its the heart you bring Friday night. Take size out equation both have a historic winning programs and state titles.  Often you don't see type of matchup in this case it could work.  

But I get your point in reality.  Richmond makes a good opponent just about anybody.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 3:35 PM, El Campion said:

What is the benefit for Richmond to play Tarboro? Richmond should be reaching out to East Forsyth, Charlotte schools, SC schools (Byrnes, Dorman, South Pointe, Darlington, Dillon)

El Campion I meant yo quote your post.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this