Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Herd

Why Does Tarboro Have Two Open Football Dates and Why Is It That They Can Not Find A Team?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, The Herd said:

 Are you sure your guys would play Richmond County and do a home and home? Would your guys being willing to go to them two years in a row if they financially compensated you well? Also are your people willing to spend money to bring them to Tarboro? Now there's a team outside of Richmond,VA. that is just as talent or better that would come to Tarboro in 2021. Also what date are you talking about? Also they are nationally known. Later.

Richmond is only 2 hours and 5 minutes from Tarboro. I'm sure we'd be willing to play a home and home series with them. We'd also pay to bring them here long as the price is reasonable lol. Granted the next realignment is going to happen in 2021 so who knows what may come from that. I've heard Wallace rosehill and northeastern might be coming down to 1aa in 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The talk is starting to include "a team from Richmond (VA)" and "Richmond County (NC)."  Richmond County had an open date.  Coach put it on all the sites. 

Remember, the goal of the coach is a state title.  Jeff has been pretty good about achieving his goal.  Did not happen last year but not sure playing Richmond County helps or hurts them.  Tarboro had a fifth week and tenth week.  Not the easiest dates to fill.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 1:47 PM, The Herd said:

 Mr. Tarboro Viking Fan, why is it that Tarboro has two open dates this upcoming football season? Who drop off their schedule? Plus like I mentioned in an early post maybe they need to attempt to get a team from out of state for example VA.,SC.,WV.,and even Canada, because there are teams out there that will come to Tarboro but the administration got to reach out and be pro-active. There was a good team near Richmond that came to NC. last year to play and don't mind traveling that had the date in Oct. available. Since the big name teams in NC. will not play them then reach out to teams in those states and help out financial if need be or share the gate proceeds but you got to talk to them. There's  a team in DC. that will come to them in 2021 if they jump on it now just need a little financial help. You only talking about a two and a half trip to Richmond and three hours to DC and Baltimore that would love to play Tarboro. Gurley and Tyquan would help financially that all they would have to do, plus the booster club and the community if need be. Later.

 

Reidsville may need your help in 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, kms51 said:

 

Reidsville may need your help in 2021.

I've heard Reidsville may be dropping to 1aa in 2021. If that's the case boy would the 1aa west be fun. Might get to see a Tarboro vs Reidsville state championship game boy would that be something. Plus I've also heard Wallace rosehill might be dropping to 1aa, along with northeastern.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to know how they are going to structure the classifications.  We should get some info on that soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 9:39 PM, The Herd said:

 Are you sure your guys would play Richmond County and do a home and home? Would your guys being willing to go to them two years in a row if they financially compensated you well? Also are your people willing to spend money to bring them to Tarboro? Now there's a team outside of Richmond,VA. that is just as talent or better that would come to Tarboro in 2021. Also what date are you talking about? Also they are nationally known. Later.

 Also how well do you guys travel? Plus the trip would be almost 2hrs. and 45minutes. Would that be too longer a trip for Coach Craddock for a regular season game, but what if they offered 10 grands. If you charter two buses you still will have 6 grands to put in the bank. Just saying it's possible if you guys are down to travel, heck do a two years back to back for 22 grands and make some money. Richmond is down are you guys ready to make it happen? Later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Herd said:

 Also how well do you guys travel? Plus the trip would be almost 2hrs. and 45minutes. Would that be too longer a trip for Coach Craddock for a regular season game, but what if they offered 10 grands. If you charter two buses you still will have 6 grands to put in the bank. Just saying it's possible if you guys are down to travel, heck do a two years back to back for 22 grands and make some money. Richmond is down are you guys ready to make it happen? Later.

It's hard to turn down 10 grand lol. I'm sure they'd look into it if they had money like that. They would more than likely use a charter bus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tarborovikingsfan2018 said:

I've heard Reidsville may be dropping to 1aa in 2021. If that's the case boy would the 1aa west be fun. Might get to see a Tarboro vs Reidsville state championship game boy would that be something. Plus I've also heard Wallace rosehill might be dropping to 1aa, along with northeastern.

 

I doubt that happens. Reidsville probably has enough to stay in small 2a.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tarborovikingsfan2018 said:

You think northeastern will remain 2a in 2021?

Tell us how they are going to structure the classifications and we will have a good idea, until then it is only a guess.  1A and 4A could be 25 or 30% of the football schools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tarborovikingsfan2018 said:

You think northeastern will remain 2a in 2021?

The numbers (630) bear that out, but it will depend on the restructure of classes and if the NCHSAA puts them back in a 2A to keep geographic continuity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 12:34 PM, Paul Graham said:

How many 3A and 4A schools are scheduling Reidsville or Tarboro.? It's not a matter of fear at all, it's a matter of Maxprep ranking. As I said before it does 3A and 4A teams no good to play 1A schools. Maxpreps, despite what you think about your school, does not hold 1A school in the same esteem as larger schools.

And East Surry (588) and Reidsville(723) are MUCH closer in size than Tarboro and Scotland(1509), for example. Money aside, its all about seeding and rankings. If it was a fear thing large WNC teams would schedule SMC schools more often.    

 Hey, Coach Till at Richmond said he didn't care what school it is and he's willing to play anybody. I guess he's not worrying about the Maxprep ranking if he willing to do that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×