Sign in to follow this  
Don Hines

American Legion Baseball 2020 NCAL season Suspended

March 20, 2020 MEMO TO: American Legion Department Commanders and Adjutants

American Legion Baseball is suspending all baseball activities until further notice. As with all sports, there is hope to have a full season.

We will update as new info is released

Not only NC but in all states

American Legion Baseball just released a statement that there will NOT be a 2020 American Legion Baseball World Series and all 8 regionals will also NOT happen in 2020.  Hard to imagine any American Legion Baseball this year.

• Like 1

I have had mothers in my area asking for donations s for summer baseball late as April 2nd saying they are still planning a late start. Sometimes I wonder about parents and their inability to look beyond their kids sports. Given how media has reacted any case of Chinese Flu anywhere in the world we may never see sports again. Yes it can be deadly like many other viruses but unless a better story comes along sports might never come back. 

• Like 1

Entire season is cancelled now.   Message from NCAL Baseball Director Mark Cauble:

Gentlemen
This morning the DEC met and voted in the spring and summer youth programs for the NC American Legion. As of today all youth programs for the 2020 spring and summer has been canceled. The DEC voted unanimously to cancel. Our recommendation was denied. I am fully aware of what is about to happen when you inform the teams and I am truly at a loss for words. I am disheartened with this decision as everyone else is. I believe the intent is to protect our youth and I would be in support of that. I do believe they may have made a decision a little in haste. Be safe and let me know if I can assist you with anything the remainder of the year.

Sign in to follow this