Rate this topic

It's a very desirable position for him to be in, now he can pick where he wants to play and look for the situation that suits him best. 

The days of great running backs getting big money has passed. The average age of playing keeps getting lower for RBs. There are tons of running backs that are as good as starters. Gurley is a great talent and will have no problem starting somewhere else but the passing game has elevated salaries for cover guys and receivers. The salary cap can only go so far.

I've been wanting him to leave the Rams. They were barely using him at all. That being said, he has had knee issues but toward the end of last season he was getting better. All in all it saved the Rams money. 

Much respect to Todd Gurley. My son went to his football camp a few years ago and he was nothing short of outstanding! Had his mother at the camp and treated her like a queen. Never had met him before the camp, and was never a UGA or Tarboro fan. But after speaking with him he has a lifelong fan in me. Very humble and non-celebrity like. Took time out with every one that approached him and he didn't have an entourage. Did all the drills with the children but said he wouldn't run. LOL. As a Pro athlete his knees/legs are his money maker so completely understood. 

The running back position is just not placed high on the list these days. Hard to get those long term deals. If he stays healthy should be able to land some 1 and 2 year deals to extend his career.