Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Catawba Valley Football

Way too early local football predictions

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Just to get off the topic of the coronavirus, let’s talk about high school football. With spring ball starting soon, what is everybody’s super early predictions for the unifour area for the South Fork, Northwestern, and Northwestern Foothills conferences?

South Fork (teams are Bandys, Maiden, Newton-Conover, North Lincoln, West Lincoln, East Lincoln, Lincolnton and Lake Norman Charter)

Northwestern 3A/ 4A (teams are Hickory, St. Stephens, Watauga, Alexander Central, South Caldwell, Freedom and McDowell)

Northwestern Foothills (teams are Hibriten, West Caldwell, East Burke, Draughn, Patton, Bunker Hill, Fred T Foard and West Iredell)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The South Fork should be really competitive.  Newton Conover returns a ton of talent.  West Lincoln had a great year this year.  North Lincoln has some really good players returning. Maiden is always very competitive.  If I had to say right now I'd say-1. NL . 2.  NC . 3.  WL . 4.  EL . 5. Maiden . 6. Bandys . 7 Lincolnton . 8.  LNC.  But that is just a guess, this is a really hard conference to predict.

 

NW 3/4a-I'd say same old candidates-Watauga until someone knocks them off. AC and Freedom trying to catch them.  I know Watauga lost alot so maybe this is the year someone catches them. Until it happens I say...1.  Watuaga 2. AC  3. Freedom 4.Hickory 5 S. Caldwell 6 St Stephens 7 McDowell

 

Northwestern Foothills, I agree its not close.  Hibriten and then everyone else.  I couldnt even manage a guess on the rest of the league.  Draughn had a good year last year.  West Iredell probably has the next most athletes.  So it will be interesting to see what happens here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Bandys make a hire? There won't be spring ball this year. All indications are that school is probably out til at least May. The state superintendent is asking for a federal waiver of testing. Should make for an interesting fall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they were to play Hibriten is the best team in any of these conferences. They are loaded as that great team last year was underclassmen. They are a legit state title candidate. They have a good passing game also now.

This is a long term crisis. I don’t think they will let another kid sweat on each other in summer or fall. Football is doubtful this fall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GDG said:

If they were to play Hibriten is the best team in any of these conferences. They are loaded as that great team last year was underclassmen. They are a legit state title candidate. They have a good passing game also now.

This is a long term crisis. I don’t think they will let another kid sweat on each other in summer or fall. Football is doubtful this fall. 

Ready for this stuff to be over what a boring time now we are living in the last two weeks not a lot for anything to do! Praying we get back to normal times soon! no Fall sports would be bad. Lets hope that don't happen!! Trying to stay up beat about the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Steelers71 said:

Did Bandys make a hire? There won't be spring ball this year. All indications are that school is probably out til at least May. The state superintendent is asking for a federal waiver of testing. Should make for an interesting fall. 

yes I think he was the DC that was on staff!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EBborn1911 said:

Ready for this stuff to be over what a boring time now we are living in the last two weeks not a lot for anything to do! Praying we get back to normal times soon! no Fall sports would be bad. Lets hope that don't happen!! Trying to stay up beat about the future.

The schools are preparing for a circumstance much similar to what they are doing now while schools are conducting distance learning. On a positive note many things that needed to be done at schools are getting more attention than ever before. Painting, cleaning, replacement of lighting, repairing stuff put off for decades. Schools will look better than ever before with no traffic to impede work conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big east conference in 3a is gonna be fun this season. I think Rocky Mount will have a big year this season as well as southern Nash. Watch out for Northern Nash, they bring back a lot of last year's team and plus they got a lot of good young players coming up from JV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×