Sign in to follow this  
Panther2018

Realignment Process

Rate this topic

Sounds like for the most part, everything will stay the same.  Some teams will move based on ADM's but it sounded to me like classifications and subdividing will continue.  At least that's the way I understood it. Of course my wife says I could get lost in a phone booth. So what do I know.

On 3/21/2020 at 9:46 PM, LarryRandolph said:

I'd like 25-25-25-25 to make conferences easier to draw up,  but subdivide for all playoffs.

So you want eight champions in all team sports?  I hope not!

The differential in ADM would be small in 2A and 3A but significant in 1A and 4A and still does not address the 1A open enrollment / non boundary issue.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, btango said:

So you want eight champions in all team sports?  I hope not!

The attendance in ADM would be small in 2A and 3A but significant in 1A and 4A and still does not address the 1A open enrollment / non boundary issue.

There just isn't an easy fix that would satisfy many people. 

Well 25/25/25/25 would be the most unfair of any option. 

Maybe we should make 2a play other 2a schools with double their enrollment.

I like 1A and 4A to have 30% of the schools.  
2A and 3A 20%.                                        Figure out a multiplier and it needs to be placed on all schools that allow students from outside their physical boundary to play sports.  This has to be removed from the authority of the LEA.

1A and 4A subdivide all team sports.      No subdividing fir 2A and 3A in any sports!   2A and 3A would have 75 schools in a tight ADM space from largest to smallest.  

1A and 4A would have 110 schools football playing schools.  Subdivide for all team sports.  

1A and 4A 64 teams qualify in football.  58% of schools.  2A and 3A 32 schools qualify. 43% qualify.  Note 2A and 3A are my playing much larger schools in conference or even percentage wise in the playoffs so I do not have an issue with a less percentage of the schools making the playoffs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, btango said:

I like 1A and 4A to have 30% of the schools.  
2A and 3A 20%.                                        Figure out a multiplier and it needs to be placed on all schools that allow students from outside their physical boundary to play sports.  This has to be removed from the authority of the LEA.

1A and 4A subdivide all team sports.      No subdividing fir 2A and 3A in any sports!   2A and 3A would have 75 schools in a tight ADM space from largest to smallest.  

1A and 4A would have 110 schools football playing schools.  Subdivide for all team sports.  

1A and 4A 64 teams qualify in football.  58% of schools.  2A and 3A 32 schools qualify. 43% qualify.  Note 2A and 3A are my playing much larger schools in conference or even percentage wise in the playoffs so I do not have an issue with a less percentage of the schools making the playoffs.

Great plan, I'm all for it.