Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I’m hoping to make the trip up to see Pisgah n Tuscola game this year. Mallard Creek n Myers Park would interesting as well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2020 at 4:14 PM, Vik-Val 86 said:

I’m hoping to make the trip up to see Pisgah n Tuscola game this year. Mallard Creek n Myers Park would interesting as well. 

This will be a good year to come to Canton.We always have the bigger crowd and the biggest  half and half.Plus Tuscola has a new coach and will be trying to stop the winning streak.With what the Bears have returning this years don't see that happening.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is the best atmosphere for a game in the state, period. I predict the largest 50/50 ever and it should be a much better game than last year. The place will be rocking for sure.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Paul Graham said:

It is the best atmosphere for a game in the state, period. I predict the largest 50/50 ever and it should be a much better game than last year. The place will be rocking for sure.

 

I'll respectfully have to disagree with that...🤑

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully by football season everything will be back to normal concerning this outbreak virus. But another one on my list would be Weddington n Catholic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

Hopefully by football season everything will be back to normal concerning this outbreak virus. But another one on my list would be Weddington n Catholic. 

I went to that classic last year, running clock by the end , it looked like a midget team verse the Cowboys 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scotswin said:

I went to that classic last year, running clock by the end , it looked like a midget team verse the Cowboys 

The reason I want to see Weddington is to see the RB Shipley. I figure Catholic would be the best game to watch against Weddington. Anyway Weddington will be a force. I’m really not sure who will be a match against this team this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

The reason I want to see Weddington is to see the RB Shipley. I figure Catholic would be the best game to watch against Weddington. Anyway Weddington will be a force. I’m really not sure who will be a match against this team this year. 

What about a 3a champ vs a 4a champ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, raider1 said:

I'll respectfully have to disagree with that...🤑

I give Richmond Senior serious props, but for one game a year nothing beats Milltown.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 704cougarsdad said:

What about a 3a champ vs a 4a champ???

That would be  good to see. Any team that would matchup good against Weddington would be good to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

That would be  good to see. Any team that would matchup good against Weddington would be good to watch. 

Question is does weddington match up with the 4a team??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Question is does weddington match up with the 4a team??

704cougarsdad... I edited my statement to make more sense on my part. Lol. About Weddington matching up against 4A. I would guess Weddington would have trouble with the top 4A teams. But it would be interesting to see how they would matchup with these teams like Vance, M.C. Richmond Co. What are  your thoughts be about Weddington matching up with these teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, raider1 said:

I'll respectfully have to disagree with that...🤑

He is correct regarding atmosohere or game day experience.

Seen a nearly dozen Scotland v Richmond games.  Two CP v Tuscola.  I definitely give the nod to the mountain rivalry.  

Thought Concord v Kannapolis was right there up through the mid to late 1990’s.  

Possibly the best atmosphere was Freedom v East Burke before the two knew schools opened.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

704cougarsdad... I edited my statement to make more sense on my part. Lol. About Weddington matching up against 4A. I would guess Weddington would have trouble with the top 4A teams. But it would be interesting to see how they would matchup with these teams like Vance, M.C. Richmond Co. What are  your thoughts be about Weddington matching up with these teams. 

Weddington had a great team last yr so the question is how good is this yrs team? As for us were jus as good talent wise as last yrs team but dont have the chemistry and experience on defense like last yr. I'm confident to say last yrs defense would stack as top 20 in the nation. Interesting to see how good/soon this team comes together.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best matchup year after year is Creek vs Vance.  It usually happens two times each year because of the crazy NCHSAA playoff system.  Find me a harder hitting passionate contest year after year.  It will have some added flavor this year because the 704 crown now resides on IBM Drive along with the State Championship. Throw in a bit of player movement and a few Coaching changes and you need to get your popcorn......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to see an old SMAC rivalry re-ignited, Burns and Freedom. Coach Hawn and Coach Devine coached and taught together at Shelby. But I don’t know if Freedom will have room in 2021. Doubt they will be in a conference with any of their county rivals, like now and I don’t see either Shelby or Crest coming off Freedom’s nonconference schedule. Don’t see Freedom’s nonconference schedule changing at all unless they get in the same conference as Crest or they get in a smaller conference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Creekprogram said:

The best matchup year after year is Creek vs Vance.  It usually happens two times each year because of the crazy NCHSAA playoff system.  Find me a harder hitting passionate contest year after year.  It will have some added flavor this year because the 704 crown now resides on IBM Drive along with the State Championship. Throw in a bit of player movement and a few Coaching changes and you need to get your popcorn......

Throw in a butler/creek game in there. The last cpl of yrs tho that rivalry has went down. I think we beat the last great Butler team in 2016. I'm my opinion that team should have went on and won state.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Throw in a butler/creek game in there. The last cpl of yrs tho that rivalry has went down. I think we beat the last great Butler team in 2016. I'm my opinion that team should have went on and won state.

Agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 10:47 PM, 704cougarsdad said:

Weddington had a great team last yr so the question is how good is this yrs team? As for us were jus as good talent wise as last yrs team but dont have the chemistry and experience on defense like last yr. I'm confident to say last yrs defense would stack as top 20 in the nation. Interesting to see how good/soon this team comes together.

Weddington loses a lot up front on defense, lose both LBs who were excellent and several skill kids on offense including at least one QB. They'll be solid though. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Catholic said:

Weddington loses a lot up front on defense, lose both LBs who were excellent and several skill kids on offense including at least one QB. They'll be solid though. 

We all know what would be the targets...Echols vs Shipley.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

We all know what would be the targets...Echols vs Shipley.

That is correct. Best offensive player vs best defensive player in the state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8-21-20    VANCE at Dutch Fork. I didn’t realize these two were playing until today. Another interesting game. 704Cougarsdad your thoughts with this game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

8-21-20    VANCE at Dutch Fork. I didn’t realize these two were playing until today. Another interesting game. 704Cougarsdad your thoughts with this game. 

I have not heard this.  Great if is happening!  DF was looking fir a game but I was told it was an SC school that filled the slot.  DF had scheduled IMG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, btango said:

I have not heard this.  Great if is happening!  DF was looking fir a game but I was told it was an SC school that filled the slot.  DF had scheduled IMG.

I so happen to pull up Dutch Fork schedule on MaxPrep as well as Vance schedule. I took it that they are playing each other and I hope it’s not a mess up of MaxPrep. I also seen Dutch Fork will play IGM the 3rd game of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

If it’s wrong, my apology. 

Not saying it is wrong.  I have been out of the loop a bit the last few months.  I will try to confirm today.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8/22

Vance vs DF @ Matthews Sportsplex (5:30)

Weddington vs AK (7:30)

we have first game due to the ever going bad weather delay. Lol

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×