Sign in to follow this  
Exyankee11

Mooresville HC Change?

Rate this topic

Maybe BlueDevilBiggestFan can weigh in?  My sources say Wells may be heading back to VA.  Richlands HS is opening up in VA. I-Meck too much to handle??

17 minutes ago, Exyankee11 said:

Maybe BlueDevilBiggestFan can weigh in?  My sources say Wells may be heading back to VA.  Richlands HS is opening up in VA. I-Meck too much to handle??

All I know is Blue Devils Biggest Fan no longer posts on this site                                                                                                                                                

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick Harrington said:

Is that voluntarily or non voluntarily? I know he was reporting for Carolina Varsity.

12 hours ago, Rick Harrington said:

Good riddance. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, GDG said:

Is that voluntarily or non voluntarily? I know he was reporting for Carolina Varsity.

Carolina Varsity?? Does that still exist?

I’ve heard the rumor. I tried looking around to see if there was something announced in VA but I couldn’t find anything with anything factual. Water cooler talk at this point I think. 

I was told by somebody close to the school that Wells turn in his resignation papers Saturday. Now that could be water cooler talk.

• Like 1

Wow. He just got to Mooresville. Coaches asking for commitment, admin ask for commitment, players commit, the word commitment needs to be redefined as " just for now we good" 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2020 at 11:13 AM, J-Heat1110 said:

Wow. He just got to Mooresville. Coaches asking for commitment, admin ask for commitment, players commit, the word commitment needs to be redefined as " just for now we good" 

Coaches bouncing jobs taught the kids how to do it. Tired of hearing coaches moan about kids transferring when they can’t take a bad review or feedback and pack their bags. I’m not referring to this change. 

• Like 1

So here’s a question for someone... because we are entering unprecedented times to be quite honest...let’s say these rumors pan out and wells in fact leaves... if schools start closing because of this virus, how is that going to effect this process? As it stands now spring ball might be in jeopardy.. is it gonna make it hard to go through the process of finding a coach with schools being shut down? 

Man the panic already starting to go crazy. We cancelling 7 v7 youth sports, spring youth sports and youth basketball tournaments. when fooolishness reches the youth level you know its serious at the top. Would be surprised if there were any sports til mid early April. 

On 3/13/2020 at 8:48 AM, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

So here’s a question for someone... because we are entering unprecedented times to be quite honest...let’s say these rumors pan out and wells in fact leaves... if schools start closing because of this virus, how is that going to effect this process? As it stands now spring ball might be in jeopardy.. is it gonna make it hard to go through the process of finding a coach with schools being shut down? 

This is just an educated guess...it prob won't effect the process very much because employees still have to report to schools (as of now, at least in my district). They can still bring a candidate in for interviews etc. 

it appears Coach Wells is on his way back north of the border.  With his apparent departure who could, would, or should Mooresville HS look at?

if it’s too early to ask this question I apologize.

Nothing but love and respect to Coach Wells. While you’re time in Mooresville was brief, you led our team and our community through an unimaginable time last season. Your strength to lead the program through that difficult time rubbed off on the community. We’re very thankful for it. Best wishes to you and your family back home in VA. It’s a special opportunity to be able to lead the program you played for. 

• Like 1

Who might Mooresville go after? How is coaching pay compared to other districts? Can they attract assistants? Supportive admin?

19 hours ago, coachE42 said:

Who might Mooresville go after? How is coaching pay compared to other districts? Can they attract assistants? Supportive admin?

Pretty sure pay is usually among the best in NC. It’s a single school in its own district. Admin is supportive of everything at Mooresville. Not just athletics. Deep resources. 

as far as who we target I have no clue. I would think someone like coach Hellams at Mallard Creek would have to be among the favorites should he apply. He was the OC here under Wells when we set all kinds of offensive team records in that season. He then took the OC position at Mallard Creek. 

as far as my personal choice, I would love to see us target Coach Byrd down at Hopewell. I think he would be a great fit here as well. Really admire what they are building there!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

Who do y’all think would be a good fit here at Mooresville? I think this one is crucial because we need to find some stability in the program. 

Could Hellams come back? I think Tripp Stone would be an interesting candidate as well. He has familiarity with the area and the teams Mooresville would play. Could Mooresville entice a head coach from WSFC or Greensboro? Will definitely be interesting. Did Thad bring any assistants with him that may leave, or is the assistant staff remaining?

3 hours ago, coachE42 said:

Could Hellams come back? I think Tripp Stone would be an interesting candidate as well. He has familiarity with the area and the teams Mooresville would play. Could Mooresville entice a head coach from WSFC or Greensboro? Will definitely be interesting. Did Thad bring any assistants with him that may leave, or is the assistant staff remaining?

I’m pretty sure a couple came with him. I had read elsewhere that they want to stay but idk. 

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue&Gray said:

Since 2003 and  now 2020. The next hire at Mooresville will be the 6th HC in 17 years. That is an average of less 3 years. 

Yup. Marsh retired. McCurry was just didn’t gel with Mooresville. Capps moved on, Paxton took his dream job, Wells went home to VA. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, coachE42 said:

Did Thad bring any assistants with him that may leave, or is the assistant staff remaining?

who knows about that one.

fwiw, i do know that there are several Blue Devil alumni who “left” after the Wells hire and are now over at Lake Norman building a program. some around here may not give a fra about that aspect but those are some good young men with promise.... and they bled Mooresville blue. 

59 minutes ago, moonpie said:

who knows about that one.

fwiw, i do know that there are several Blue Devil alumni who “left” after the Wells hire and are now over at Lake Norman building a program. some around here may not give a fra about that aspect but those are some good young men with promise.... and they bled Mooresville blue. 

Did they not mesh with Wells or did he not want to retain them?

26 minutes ago, coachE42 said:

Did they not mesh with Wells or did he not want to retain them?

i can’t speak directly for them, but i think the overall plan was for the football program, in general, to move in a different direction. 

17 minutes ago, moonpie said:

i can’t speak directly for them, but i think the overall plan was for the football program, in general, to move in a different direction. 

Gotcha. Hopefully the hire they make is the right hire for the entire community.

• Like 1