Sign in to follow this  
LNWC

North Wilkes Opening

Rate this topic

Buddy of mine said long time wilkes county coach leaving for Virginia?  Wonder who will be in line for the Vikings job?

Whoever's gonna get it has pretty much quite a task on his hands.. last year's team was extremely senior laden (20+ seniors, never seen a team have that much,) and the bench had barely little juniors. There will be as a result very little seniors unless quite a bit more come out with Chipman gone (could happen.) That team last year underperformed quite a bit as well.. they scrimmaged awfully but had a decent non conference run, only to get outhit by all the big dogs in that conference.  Chipman had a rough end to his run there but with his son graduating I knew he would go.

JV wise they were okay last year (few points away from a 6 win year,) but in 2018 they were horrendous along with East Wilkes. They had barely 20 kids and not much talent.  If the new guy can't get the #'s up he will have a rough year this year.  This is gonna be NW's biggest hire they have ever had.. they haven't had such levels of success before in their history but a wrong move will send them back down the hole to neverland. 

Internally their best pick's the Gregory guy who has been there for ages. Outside they could go to Wilkes Central and see if  David Hunt wants it, he used to be West Wilkes's HC.  Chris Johnson from Forbush would be perfect for it as he did the same thing NW needs there at Forbush but I don't know if he wants to live in Hays or not, but he would be the perfect hire for it in my eyes. If they do what West did and hire someone from out of the area that would be interesting too.  They need someone with some experience who can motivate the kids as that will make or break them. Gotta get more #'s. 

On 3/6/2020 at 2:03 PM, Chris Hughes said:

Word on the street is that a coach from Greensboro will be it. It could be a great hire if so. 

Heard it was Greenville not Greensboro...

Just got word from sources that David Wojtecki former JH Rose Head Coach will be the next Head Coach at North Wilkes High School.  In my opinion that is a big catch for a 2A program!

• Like 1