jdrew

Young coach looking for a opportunity

Hello i am looking for an opportunity to coach at the high school level. I am willing to coach different positions if you want me too or start at the JV level. I am currently serving as the PE teacher and AD for a small k-8th school located in Robeson county North Carolina .At this school i am the head coach for every boys sports team here. I played four years of college football mostly on the offensive line . I have done football related internships with two different colleges. The first college was my Alma Mater Chowan University. At Chowan i worked with the strength and conditioning program and football program. During the football internship with chowan worked mostly the offensive and defensive line. After i graduating from chowan i went to UNC Pembroke , and worked as a volunteer graduate assistant for two years with the strength and conditioning department. . I actually made the move to the high school last March but the school was shut down by the board then made into a k-8th school .i have a resume ready . Thank you for your time my email is jldrewery0907@chowan.edu

• Like 1

You should email Fairmont. They're looking for assistants. Check out postings on the NCHSAA.org website. Has link to maxpreps job board. Good luck young buck!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Steelers71 said:

You should email Fairmont. They're looking for assistants. Check out postings on the NCHSAA.org website. Has link to maxpreps job board. Good luck young buck!

thank you sir

On 2/25/2020 at 11:21 AM, coachE42 said:

Coach, what positions do you guys have open?

Coach, we're pretty fluid.  We want to put guys where they are comfortable if they are a new guy to the profession.  Right now, we're unsure about teach positions.

45 minutes ago, Coach_Putt said:

Coach, we're pretty fluid.  We want to put guys where they are comfortable if they are a new guy to the profession.  Right now, we're unsure about teach positions.

Any idea when the teaching positions will be known? 

2 minutes ago, coachE42 said:

Any idea when the teaching positions will be known? 

We've asked and haven't gotten an answer

• Sad 1

If I could give any advice to a young coach starting out it would be to go South. Go to SC. Check out schsl.org They have a few jobs posted. Also, check the footballscoop.com Good luck young man! And get a degree in something other than PE. Or add on license.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2020 at 1:07 PM, Steelers71 said:

If I could give any advice to a young coach starting out it would be to go South. Go to SC. Check out schsl.org They have a few jobs posted. Also, check the footballscoop.com Good luck young man! And get a degree in something other than PE. Or add on license.

If I were you I would look at GA and FL. However, if you are like me and love NC it may be in the summer before job openings open up. PE jobs will be few and far between regardless of any state. Adding on enough courses to teach another subject will be tough because of the amount of time it takes to get all the college courses needed to do this.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 9:13 PM, jdrew said:

Hello i am looking for an opportunity to coach at the high school level. I am willing to coach different positions if you want me too or start at the JV level. I am currently serving as the PE teacher and AD for a small k-8th school located in Robeson county North Carolina .At this school i am the head coach for every boys sports team here. I played four years of college football mostly on the offensive line . I have done football related internships with two different colleges. The first college was my Alma Mater Chowan University. At Chowan i worked with the strength and conditioning program and football program. During the football internship with chowan worked mostly the offensive and defensive line. After i graduating from chowan i went to UNC Pembroke , and worked as a volunteer graduate assistant for two years with the strength and conditioning department. . I actually made the move to the high school last March but the school was shut down by the board then made into a k-8th school .i have a resume ready . Thank you for your time my email is jldrewery0907@chowan.edu

Lincolnton HS has a PE teaching position available with a football coaching position open with a possible coordinator role.  Contact head football coach Joe Glass at Joseph.glass@lincoln.k12.nc.us

I coached for Coach Glass at EG. He is a good man.

8 hours ago, Glenn said:

Lincolnton HS has a PE teaching position available with a football coaching position open with a possible coordinator role.  Contact head football coach Joe Glass at Joseph.glass@lincoln.k12.nc.us

I coached for Coach Glass at EG. He is a good man.

Thank you coach 

Can you still take the praxis to get certified in another subject if you're already certified? I have been told to do this before as well.

• Like 1