Sign in to follow this  
GDG

Landon Foor- Fred T Foard

Anybody know Foor’s overall record? Last I heard he had 108 consecutive wins. Can he Win 3 state individual titles in 3 years?

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 10:36 PM, GDG said:

Anybody know Foor’s overall record? Last I heard he had 108 consecutive wins. Can he Win 3 state individual titles in 3 years?

GDG, Landon Foor is phenomenal. He is currently in his Junior season, and his overall record is like 142 - 2 in his 3 seasons at Foard. I believe he has now won something like 124? straight.

He was 47 - 2 as a Freshman, and won the state title at 170 lbs. He then went on and won the Freshman national championship at 170 lbs. 

He was undefeated last year as a Sophomore, and won the state title at 182 lbs.  He competed in the national tournament as a Sophomore, finishing 3rd in the country.

As a Junior he is currently 54 - 0 and is dominating each of his matches. He is still listed at 182 lbs. but wrestles in all weight classes from 182 to 220, always getting the other teams best wrestler between those weight classes, which makes his record and winning streak more impressive.

20200208_085636.jpg

• Thanks 1

When you have kids that work that hard it inspires the kids around you. Practicing against him will make those kids ready for anything.

• Like 2

Landon Foor is in the finals for the third straight year seeking his third state championship. He is a junior. 

• Like 2

Junior Landon Foor of Fred T Foard wins his third state championship over Newton-Conover’s Clark. Heck of a run for Clark who is the son of N-C Coach Eddy Clark. Foor completes his second straight undefeated season. 

10 hours ago, GDG said:

Junior Landon Foor of Fred T Foard wins his third state championship over Newton-Conover’s Clark. Heck of a run for Clark who is the son of N-C Coach Eddy Clark. Foor completes his second straight undefeated season. 

Foor did this with an injured foot as well. Kid is an amazing wrestler. 

GDG, on a side note, NC took 4 wrestlers to states. All 4 reached the final, Clark lost to Foor, but the other 3 won titles. 

• Like 1

It will be really interesting to see if Foard and Robbinsville will be at any of the same tournaments next year at what weight Foor will be at and Kage Williams that will be a Freshman next year.

52 minutes ago, Appvol said:

It will be really interesting to see if Foard and Robbinsville will be at any of the same tournaments next year at what weight Foor will be at and Kage Williams that will be a Freshman next year.

Kage is 195, I'm sure he would love a match with Landon. 

4 minutes ago, rville20 said:

Kage is 195, I'm sure he would love a match with Landon. 

Is there a chance he could make 182. It’s going to be fun watching Williams the next 4 years. It will interesting to see if he goes undefeated in his high school career.

8 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Is there a chance he could make 182. It’s going to be fun watching Williams the next 4 years. It will interesting to see if he goes undefeated in his high school career.

13 lbs is a lot, he dropped that much a couple years ago to wrestle for coach Buxton

16 hours ago, rville20 said:

13 lbs is a lot, he dropped that much a couple years ago to wrestle for coach Buxton

I’m not a fan of cutting when you are still developing. What’s the tradeoff to feel weak? Better to add muscle and be in top shape.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GDG said:

I’m not a fan of cutting when you are still developing. What’s the tradeoff to feel weak? Better to add muscle and be in top shape.

I agree, I've never been a fan of the weight cutting. 

44 minutes ago, rville20 said:

I went from 136 to 119. It wasn’t that bad. 

48 minutes ago, rville20 said:

It would be hard for Williams I bet. The kid looks like he is all muscle. I would like to see Foor wrestle him next year.

32 minutes ago, Appvol said:

It would be hard for Williams I bet. The kid looks like he is all muscle. I would like to see Foor wrestle him next year.

Water weight is about all he can cut, he has very little body fat.

Just now, NCDevils94 said:

It want matter if he cuts weight or not, if he is the best wrestler at 182, 195, or 220 then that is who Foor will be matched against if they meet.  Foor only weighs 175 and could easily cut 5 pounds and wrestle at 170. Foor moved around between 182, 195, and 220 all year facing the opponents best wrestler to help his team be the best team possible, and I believe his team was best in the state no matter classification this year. Great kid...

2 hours ago, NCDevils94 said:

Foor is a stud, kid had a worse injury than people know when he won States this year

Yeah he is. It’s awesome he is committed to App St and John Mark. 

On 3/4/2020 at 9:49 PM, Appvol said:

Yeah he is. It’s awesome he is committed to App St and John Mark. 

I am an App fan who had 4 kids graduate there but kids do not stay in that program long. Hopefully NC State or Virginia Tech offers.

31 minutes ago, GDG said:
On 3/4/2020 at 9:49 PM, Appvol said:

I am an App fan who had 4 kids graduate there but kids do not stay in that program long. Hopefully NC State or Virginia Tech offers.

There was 4 kids from North Carolina to qualify for the NCAA’s. All were from App St. Quincy Monday qualified but he moved from Texas to North Carolina.

1 hour ago, Appvol said:

There was 4 kids from North Carolina to qualify for the NCAA’s. All were from App St. Quincy Monday qualified but he moved from Texas to North Carolina.

I have a list of about 18 kids who won state titles who left the program before junior years in this decade. NC kids don’t get recruited often by the big schools in NC. App State also had a little boy molester wrestler from the mountains so they also have their failings. 

6 hours ago, GDG said:

I have a list of about 18 kids who won state titles who left the program before junior years in this decade. NC kids don’t get recruited often by the big schools in NC. App State also had a little boy molester wrestler from the mountains so they also have their failings. 

Just because you won states doesn’t mean anything. John has had kids who never won states make the NCAA’s and place in top top 8 to become All Americans. Kids don’t like it when they get recruited over or out worked. App don’t give John enough scholarships. 

If you have proof about the other please share it or post a link to a news story about it.

5 hours ago, Appvol said:

Just because you won states doesn’t mean anything. John has had kids who never won states make the NCAA’s and place in top top 8 to become All Americans. Kids don’t like it when they get recruited over or out worked. App don’t give John enough scholarships. 

If you have proof about the other please share it or post a link to a news story about it.

You can google the link. The case is on going I am told and spans many years.

As for App State I applaud App for signing NC young men. I just wish they would realize these kids need to be students before wrestlers. I think the same can be said about many programs. I also agree with you about state champions getting beat out. A kid in NC may not even equal a 6th place finisher in PA or NJ.