3 hours ago, ChiefsFanSince2019 said:

Triad QBs to watch in 2020.

Camian Shell: Parkland

Kyle Pinnix: Reidsville

Ty Lyles: East Forsyth

Nate Hampton: Davie County

Kam Hill: Reagan

Tedric Jenkins: North Davidson

You also have to include the following in the Triad I think as well...under the radar 

Alonza Barnett - Grimsley

Will Lenard - N. Guilford

9 hours ago, GSOFootballFan said:

Who do we have to watch for in 2020?

Is this for seniors only.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:34 AM, ChiefsFanSince2019 said:

Triad QBs to watch in 2020.

Camian Shell: Parkland

Kyle Pinnix: Reidsville

Ty Lyles: East Forsyth

Nate Hampton: Davie County

Kam Hill: Reagan

Tedric Jenkins: North Davidson

Not sure how I forgot Lyles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiefsFanSince2019 said:

Cam Kromah is going to have a good season for y'all. I have not seen him in person yet but you can definitely see the arm talent in his highlights

He definitely has the talent to be a good one.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:58 AM, Idiocracy9090 said:

Justice Craig at Newton-Conover is poised to have a very good year.  He will have four of the most athletic WR's in 2A.  

If they stay u never know about that team

Austin Grier-Vance. State champion QB finally started to get hot and "get it" during the playoffs. Looks forward to how much he grows his senior yr and bringing a repeat back to IBM drive.

• Like 1

100%... Austin Grier is the best Dual threat QB in the STATE OF NC.  What he was capable of doing with the OL that he had last yr is unimaginable. Threw for over 3,700 yrd and ran for almost 800 yrd. 
We Started only one OLine man who had EVER played a snap on varsity... the rest was a DT, a DE, and a LB... not to mention all were under 5'10 210 pounds. Name me another QB that could flourish under those circumstances. He makes all the throws and throws from every arm angle.  Austin Grier is the MAN!!

3 hours ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Austin Grier-Vance. State champion QB finally started to get hot and "get it" during the playoffs. Looks forward to how much he grows his senior yr and bringing a repeat back to IBM drive.

First Mallard Creek game he was a non factor.  By the playoff games he was a game changer.  Think he and the receivers got aclimated to one another, good coaching, and most important he figured "it" out and got confidence allowing him to just make the play instead of hesitate and think about what to do which is not the way to play the game.  Big fan!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btango said:

First Mallard Creek game he was a non factor.  By the playoff games he was a game changer.  Think he and the receivers got aclimated to one another, good coaching, and most important he figured "it" out and got confidence allowing him to just make the play instead of hesitate and think about what to do which is not the way to play the game.  Big fan!!!

Last game against Creek He spent the entire game running for his life and overthrowing people.  Last series  he made plays when it mattered. He definitely finished.   Best dual threat? I don't know about that one. 

• Like 1

Work, he has all the tools.. strong arm, legs, smart, and very competitive. If he was at QB last year.. we beat WF.  When we played Mc.. again you had damn near an entire DL going to college vs linemen who were 5'10 210.. he was absolutely running for his life... the Last few drives.. he basically said bump it , I know I will get hit but I have to make a play. From then on ... he was the difference maker. Name one other Dual threat QB returning that would've been able to do what he did in the playoffs. 
3,700 + yrd passing with 700+ yards rushing. Give me one. I am biased of course but 100% he got to be top five in NC. 

3 hours ago, ZBVANCE said:

Work, he has all the tools.. strong arm, legs, smart, and very competitive. If he was at QB last year.. we beat WF.  When we played Mc.. again you had damn near an entire DL going to college vs linemen who were 5'10 210.. he was absolutely running for his life... the Last few drives.. he basically said bump it , I know I will get hit but I have to make a play. From then on ... he was the difference maker. Name one other Dual threat QB returning that would've been able to do what he did in the playoffs. 
3,700 + yrd passing with 700+ yards rushing. Give me one. I am biased of course but 100% he got to be top five in NC. 

I only know what i saw against us, and you're right. He  definitely must have said bump it. He turned into a different player right before our eyes. He left me speechless. I stop announcing the game......LMAO! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ZBVANCE said:

Kid had a great playoff run but I think it is fair to say it was the defense that carried that team. Gave up 24 pts in 5 games...LOL. That said I think he outplayed both Hood and Noller ( Both pretty damn good QB's) 127 yards passing and 47 rushing in the title game. Efficient but far from eye popping. The reality is that in just about every game down the stretch it was pretty clear that the were going to keep the game plan tight for obvious reasons.

Thought he was the difference maker against MC and his legs early on were huge at RC. 

• Like 1

Wrigley, I hear all of that.. but name me five better.. he had more than a great playoff run.. he threw for more than 3,700 yrds. I agree, 100% defense was Vance's bread and butter and will probably be just as good this yr, but with all that being said... name me five who are better lol.  You can use stats or plain OL opinion. What you saw in the playoffs.. we saw all yr.  

On 2/5/2020 at 2:45 PM, 84k said:

He definitely has the talent to be a good one.

If you look at Kromah’s sophomore numbers vs the history of Newsomes past stand out qbs Lemay, Ferguson, Charest that kid had a better sophomore season than them all and he didn’t start the season as the starter. Looking at the history of Newsomes top signal callers I’d say he’s definitely got another one in Kromah and is the next big thing. 

I agree with many of the names to watch that I saw in previous messages across the state. I may be bias but overall I think the Charlotte metro and surrounding area has the best young QB talent around In NC. Maye, Hood, Hampton , Grier, Kromah, Farhnbulla,  Simpkins, Hudson, the list goes on and on. 

2 hours ago, ZBVANCE said:

Wrigley, I hear all of that.. but name me five better.. he had more than a great playoff run.. he threw for more than 3,700 yrds. I agree, 100% defense was Vance's bread and butter and will probably be just as good this yr, but with all that being said... name me five who are better lol.  You can use stats or plain OL opinion. What you saw in the playoffs.. we saw all yr.  

I can only go off the kids I have seen. Maye and Hood are givens. Lyles from East Forsyth is special but can get a little loose with ball. Only saw Pinnix on TV but he was very good. Stats can be a bit deceiving.  I like Grier, he is only gonna get better.

16 hours ago, Wes hunter said:

If you look at Kromah’s sophomore numbers vs the history of Newsomes past stand out qbs Lemay, Ferguson, Charest that kid had a better sophomore season than them all and he didn’t start the season as the starter. Looking at the history of Newsomes top signal callers I’d say he’s definitely got another one in Kromah and is the next big thing. 

I agree with many of the names to watch that I saw in previous messages across the state. I may be bias but overall I think the Charlotte metro and surrounding area has the best young QB talent around In NC. Maye, Hood, Hampton , Grier, Kromah, Farhnbulla,  Simpkins, Hudson, the list goes on and on. 

Hes a Vance kid too...I'm so sick his dad transferred him out. Imagine ZB we could of had Grier this yr with Kromah after him.....aww well.

• Haha 1

Here were your top underclassman last year at QB per Maxpreps in 2019.  Just took athletes that were in the Top 10 Passing per each Classification.  There are some good ones.

1A

1A.jpg.1a88c7b8782312420dc3d8e10f1036be.jpg

2A

2A1.jpg.984ffae66a37283122ef461608cd7ec3.jpg2A2.jpg.c367684096f228946f4f9b11437dfead.jpg2A3.jpg.18267c35acc0f8ec15d24b08883f7ee0.jpg2A4.jpg.67bc9f49646aba4475d51042b269f491.jpg

3A

3A.jpg.a2db55070f5c05ec9d054bddab52a82b.jpg3A2.jpg.9e04cedb4ccdb0578c0026255f148277.jpg

4A

4A.jpg.60ef983e6a3219830a9173b4d75854db.jpg4A2.jpg.c3ea7f6b22f9df9a45ed4d01ddd57422.jpg4A3.jpg.6811e842221fa77b5eb38d91316939e1.jpg4A4.jpg.0d85e988c16d1235565cbe305433751d.jpg

Sorry if I missed any.  Went with Maxpreps Stats from 2019.  I know there are also dual threat QBs who have tons of rushing yards as well as passing.  Just looked passing stats.

• Like 1