Rate this topic

7 hours ago, coachmp said:

You would think if he already resigned he has a lock. Which job is closed to making an announcement?

Announcement should be soon.  Very solid program for the last dozen or so years.  A few up and down seasons and some real good ones recently.  A lot of potential.

1 hour ago, btango said:

Announcement should be soon.  Very solid program for the last dozen or so years.  A few up and down seasons and some real good ones recently.  A lot of potential.

Chapman?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steelers71 said:

Chapman?

No.  Chapman is rolling!  HC Mark Hodge just took the Spartanburg job with the retirement of Chris Miller.

46 minutes ago, CoachTazz93 said:

My guess is Green Sea Floyd's 

Not a chance.  Not a high paying job.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Glenn said:

I had rather coach in GA than SC for many reasons.

What are those reasons?

3 hours ago, btango said:

Pretty sure it's more than he was making at Havelock and he is retired from NC so he can double-dip. Good place for him to pay his Win/Lose record and it closer to the beach which he loves

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, fornow said:

He went to West Ashley near Charleston 

Lived in that area for a couple years. Growing suburb. A lot of potential now and in the future. 

• Like 1

JBB isn't going to a 1A school in SC from GA. Bet on that. I could see Socastee though. Good opportunity waiting to explode with the right person in charge and admin support.

10 hours ago, btango said:

What are those reasons?

I have several friends who coach in GA and according to them the overall pay for head coaches and assistants state wide is better in GA than SC. Also they tell me they have better talent. I am just going on what they have told me. I guess the second part is their personal opinion. I guess you could Google that information to compare the two states. I did Google these topics and found  these stats.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/sports/high-school/football/georgia-high-school-football-coaches-score-big-with-100k-plus-salaries/77-514484550

https://www.bannersociety.com/2020/2/4/21111828/college-football-recruits-by-state

I also saw that NC had more than SC. 

This could be a good topic to discuss as well.

41 minutes ago, Glenn said:

I have several friends who coach in GA and according to them the overall pay for head coaches and assistants state wide is better in GA than SC. Also they tell me they have better talent. I am just going on what they have told me. I guess the second part is their personal opinion. 

Across the state Georgia coaches pay is very strong.  In SC there are pockets.  Just as in any state some systems pay more than others.

JBB will have more talent with more opportunities for success and an increase in pay.  Also, leaving a larger metro area for a “town” is more to their liking.  Many factors went into the decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, btango said:

Across the state Georgia coaches pay is very strong.  In SC there are pockets.  Just as in any state some systems pay more than others.

JBB will have more talent with more opportunities for success and an increase in pay.  Also, leaving a larger metro area for a “town” is more to their liking.  Many factors went into the decision.

I totally agree with the town statement. I am that way myself.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:55 AM, Chute Boxe Hero said:

Impressive result from East.  Wonder how many Emperor Boaz had tonight......

I say SC..not coming back to NC

• Haha 1

Just saw the Jim Bob Bryant has been named Head Coach at North Augusta High School in SC. They are having a meet and greet with him tomorrow night. Let's see how long he stays there.

He's not my favorite coach, being a West Carteret fan. We beat him at Havelock in 2010 with probably the best WCHS team ever. It was West's first win over Havelock in about 20 years. He vowed to never let West beat Havelock again and ran up the score on us every chance he got, scoring 77 points the next year, and over 60 several other years, leaving the starters in deep into the 4th quarter. Low class individual in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/4/2020 at 11:17 PM, btango said:

I would have to disagree with you on that. Horry County Schools pay very well. All Head Coaches in HCS make the same amount of money whether they are 1A through 5A. Also 220 days (avg. contracts are 190 days). When you add in Strength Supplements it is very good money. Teacher salary in HCS for top of the chart is 10K higher than NC top of the chart as well.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dkj said:

I would have to disagree with you on that. Horry County Schools pay very well. All Head Coaches in HCS make the same amount of money whether they are 1A through 5A. Also 220 days (avg. contracts are 190 days). When you add in Strength Supplements it is very good money. Teacher salary in HCS for top of the chart is 10K higher than NC top of the chart as well.

I stand corrected.  I was told that he was expecting a pay raise from the $90k plus he was making so expected $100k range.  Thought Horry would be more in the 80’s.  Guessing in the expected and Horry numbers.

21 minutes ago, btango said:

I stand corrected.  I was told that he was expecting a pay raise from the $90k plus he was making so expected $100k range.  Thought Horry would be more in the 80’s.  Guessing in the expected and Horry numbers.

4 hours ago, dkj said:

Teacher salary in HCS for top of the chart is 10K higher than NC top of the chart as well.

Not according to the information I just got from a couple of search engine. 

5 hours ago, Glenn said:

Teacher salary in HCS for top of the chart is 10K higher than NC top of the chart as well.

Not according to the information I just got from a couple of search engine. 

DKJ would know.  Thirty plus years in NC.  Just left Horry.  

3 minutes ago, btango said:

DKJ would know.  Thirty plus years in NC.  Just left Horry.  

I was basing what I said on a couple of internet sites. I am not saying he is wrong. Plus the fact that different LEA's pay different amounts in supplements.  It really does not matter to me what either state pays. I have no interest in living anywhere other than where I live anyway. Never have. It was never about the money.  If it was all about the money I would have stayed in CA where the salary is way up at the top in the USA.