Sign in to follow this  
GDG

Wrestling Dual Playoff Scores Post

24 minutes ago, Knights said:

Mt Airy over Polk 

Robbinsville 38

Over

Mt Airy 37

Why did Robbinsville forfeit there last 3 weight classes against Mt. Airy.

31 minutes ago, Knights said:

I think it will be at Swain Thursday 

Would it be at Avery since it’s South Stokes. Avery is in the middle of the 4 schools. South Stokes is 126 miles from Avery. Swain is 129 miles. Robbinsville is 154 miles. South Stokes to Swain is 231 miles.

15 minutes ago, Knights said:

Because we was up big. 

That’s what I was thinking. Just being nice so Mt Airy could get home quicker.

4A Western bracket:

Big matches tonight. Mooresville takes on conference foe Hough. This one will be close.

West Forsyth vs Glen in the other western match.

Laney is rolling in the east.

• Like 1

2A
Fred T Foard had a 36-9 lead after 10 bouts before forfeiting the last 4 matches. They will host the western finals tonight. It’s Foard, Central academy, Pisgah, and Surry Central. Pisgah has not lost in North Carolina with their two losses coming to out of state teams. CATA is last years Individual State Team Title winner. Pisgah as a signature win over West Lincoln.

On the east side looking at  the teams I like Croatan out of the four teams. Croatan has been one of the best teams in the East for over a dozen years. 

3A

St. Stephens, last years champions host Undefeated West Henderson. Piedmont vs Enka in the other match. These two have had some serious playoff battles over the years. 

1 hour ago, GDG said:

Avery and Robbinsville are headed to a western final it looks like. Glad they were not on the same side of the bracket. This is how it should be.

Should be a good match between the 2 if Avery gets bye Swain. I think Robbinsville will be harder to beat this time around. Nowell will be in the lineup this time. I just pray everyone has safe travels with all this rain.

Swain has 15 seniors this year. 

Robbinsville has 4 but 1 is a girl. 

Anyway to watch or listen to matches. If not can you post some scores?

7 minutes ago, Knights said:

Robbinsville 18-7 advances to rd 4 with win over South stokes.

Avery will have to wrestle way better to beat Robbinsville.

7 minutes ago, Knights said:

What was the scores for both matches?

Robbinsville won 43-36. Avery won 40-36 but forfeited HWT since they had it wrapped up. 

1 hour ago, Knights said:

Congratulations.

Hope avery wins Saturday.

Hope you don't have to forfeit any to U.Charter

106 and 113. Down 12-0 already. Robbinsville coach bumped Nowell up 2 weight classes to 138 and he got beat. Wasn’t a good matchup for Nowell. Didn’t understand that move. 

NCHSAA cancelled tonight’s wrestling in the piedmont and central areas tonight. Will wrestle tomorrow and straight to the championships Saturday. Just crazy. Get home at 11:00pm for some then have to weigh in bright and early the next day for mid day match. I guess wrestlers don’t need to sleep or eat.

This is why when I hear football people crying about stuff I puke in my mouth. 

• Like 1

I don’t have scores but Fred T Foard remains undefeated as they won both matches tonight. They will wrestle tomorrow at 3:00pm in Greensboro for the state title.

4A

West Forsyth beats Glenn in round three then Hough slips by West to move to the state finals. They will take on Laney High tomorrow.

54 minutes ago, GDG said:

I don’t have scores but Fred T Foard remains undefeated as they won both matches tonight. They will wrestle tomorrow at 3:00pm in Greensboro for the state title.

Foard won 38-26 then beat Pisgah 51-19. Foard wrestles Croaten in the final. The brackets are updated on the NCHSAA website.

1 hour ago, GDG said:

4A

West Forsyth beats Glenn in round three then Hough slips by West to move to the state finals. They will take on Laney High tomorrow.

NCHSAA shows Cardinal Gibbons beat Laney. I saw a twitter account declaring Laney the winner. Not sure who won that match but surely the association has it correct on the bracket. 

Sign in to follow this