Sign in to follow this  
LarryRandolph

Almost Baseball Time

Who are teams in each class who will be in the hunt for state titles, ect.?

1A-Rosewood could win east again, Uwharrie didn't lose a ton, could potentially repeat

2A-Randleman always a threat

3A-Southern Lee I think could make some noise in playoffs, have a good pitching staff and a UNC commit catching.  Couple D1 guys in the field. If they find offense, they could be really good. 

4A-??????????Not a lot of 4a schools in my area, so not sure here.

Crest returns 11 players from last year's 1 lose team. Some good young talent will join them from the JV team that went 10-3.  Hopefully another exciting year is in store for the Chargers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viking Ball Supporter said:

Does anyone know where Montgomery Central will play their home games?

I believe their field will be ready, but if not, I bet they play some at East and some at West.  But I was pretty sure their new field was supposed to be ready. 

Several teams should have a chance in the 1A West.  Uwharrie Charter is at the top of the list after winning last year's state championship and returning a ton of talent.  North Stanly and South Stanly should be very good also.  North lost several folks but return a stud pitch in Lowder.  South returns most of their squad and most of their pitching.  Cherryville and Lincoln Charter are always in the mix from the Southern Piedmont conference.  East Surry and South Stokes should both have decent teams from the NW1A.  Polk has had good teams the past few years and should be in a similar situation this year.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 9:45 AM, Viking Ball Supporter said:

Does anyone know where Montgomery Central will play their home games?

Was told by a very reliable source that home games in March will be at East, which is very nice by the way, and games in April will be at West.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 10:01 AM, thekidd12 said:

Was told by a very reliable source that home games in March will be at East, which is very nice by the way, and games in April will be at West.

Yes,  Montgomery Central is playing home games now at East Montgomery, and will switch to West later.  The Montgomery Central Timberwolves opened the season on Monday night March 2nd. with a 1-0 win over McMichael (at East Montgomery.)

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 10:01 AM, thekidd12 said:

But you can only fit 3 guys in the dugouts at East.  West is much better.

20 hours ago, LarryRandolph said:

But you can only fit 3 guys in the dugouts at East.  West is much better.

Not completely disagreeing because I didn’t sit in them but can I ask when the last time you were there? Was told they had spent a ton about 3 years back. Field was beautiful 

On 3/3/2020 at 3:46 PM, Chute Boxe Hero said:

In the HSOT "West" pre-season rankings, Uwharrie's ranked one spot ahead of orange/blue.  Interesting. 

Take early polls with a grain of salt - 4A Reagan (which is loaded and return most everyone from their Western Regional runner-up finish to Mooresville) isn't even listed in that HSOT poll.  Uwharrie will be a very good 1A team, returning most of their players from a State Championship team...but I just can't see them being better than some of the 4A and 3A teams they are ahead of.

• Like 1

U w harrie lost 7 players from last years team 5 starters and 2 pitchers also lost both their head coaches. The cf and leadoff Hammer transferred to North Stanly. They will not be a top 1a team this year. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NWWatchdog said:

Take early polls with a grain of salt - 4A Reagan (which is loaded and return most everyone from their Western Regional runner-up finish to Mooresville) isn't even listed in that HSOT poll.  Uwharrie will be a very good 1A team, returning most of their players from a State Championship team...but I just can't see them being better than some of the 4A and 3A teams they are ahead of.

Oh, I know.  I take this one particular poll with a can of salt. 

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 12:46 PM, thekidd12 said:

Yeah HC was my reliable source 😂

Like their team. Good luck to wolves this year 

Thanks for the encouragement. Montgomery Central shut out CATA 15-0 last night at East Montgomery, behind the pitching of Harris Jackson and Aiden Watts. (Wolves now 2-0 through the first two games and unscored on yet ,but it gets much tougher from here.

On 3/6/2020 at 7:53 AM, thekidd12 said:

Not completely disagreeing because I didn’t sit in them but can I ask when the last time you were there? Was told they had spent a ton about 3 years back. Field was beautiful 

Dugouts the size of a cigar box. 

• Like 1

Anyone thing if schools return on May 18, they will resume playing spring sports?

I don't see it, but I will also be surprised if schools goes back this school year.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, LarryRandolph said:

I don't see it, but I will also be surprised if schools goes back this school year.

I have been told that 2020 calendar year could be in question.

Union Pines defeated MC 6-0 back on 3/11.

MC struck the call hard a few times but appeared to lack hitting depth. 

I have no idea which pitchers for MC were pitching but the ones who were were average. 

The field was looking very very good. I was surprised by the appearance knowing that this was the last season for the facility, I guess. 

I didn’t notice dugout size but thinking back, I think they might have been a little smaller. 

It was my first visit to the facility since we used it for a softball practice facility back in 79-80 Russell Hosiery Mill. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this