Sign in to follow this  
190Ranger

McMichael HC

Rate this topic

Four coaches in ten years. Third coach in four years. Is there a common denominator in their struggles? Admin? Talent? Community support? From a distance, this job would appear to better than it is with a nice stadium and relatively newer facilities. 

They're middle school program wasn't terrible this past year.  They beat the other programs in the county other than Reidsville.  The high school is decent in other sports.   They are absolutely terrible in football.   They have a decent feeder program.  Not a ton of athletes.  They shouldn't be as bad as they are

I think it just might come down to stability. When you have that many coaches in that span its hard for a program to be stable, being that each coaches system is different. With the kids having to learn a new system so often they kinda start off behind the 8 ball. 

• Thanks 1

Gaining approval to realign from 3A to 2A, I would assume, would help them during the next realignment period as they should be placed  in a 2A conference. They have been in a tough 3A conference for many years with the likes of Northern Guilford, Northeast Guilford, Eastern and Western Alamance. This hasn’t helped them in the won-loss column and I wonder, has that affected stability? 

On 2/4/2020 at 6:48 PM, lbedwards said:

Gaining approval to realign from 3A to 2A, I would assume, would help them during the next realignment period as they should be placed  in a 2A conference. They have been in a tough 3A conference for many years with the likes of Northern Guilford, Northeast Guilford, Eastern and Western Alamance. This hasn’t helped them in the won-loss column and I wonder, has that affected stability? 

I would agree that it will help when they realign to a 2A conference, but still they have a up hill battle before realignment. Still they could possibly be realigned into a 2A conference with some 2A powers in Reidsville or West Stokes

I wish Reidsville could get Mcmichael off the schedule. It isn't a huge money draw for either.  Mcmichael would do better in 2a, playing teams like, Cummings, Graham and By will help.

@kms51

I understand your sentiment. From the looks of things McMichael is about to become a conference member of the Mid-State 2A with Reidsville. With Morehead also dropping down a classification that conference will at least have 7 teams assuming enrollments for the other schools remains consistent with their recent history. Reidsville will remain the class of the conference while McMichael, Morehead, BY, Carrboro, Cummings, and Graham fight for second. At the minimum, McMichael should be in every game if not win a few. (Now that I have written that watch the NCHSAA put them in a conference with North Surry!)

8 hours ago, lbedwards said:

@kms51

I understand your sentiment. From the looks of things McMichael is about to become a conference member of the Mid-State 2A with Reidsville. With Morehead also dropping down a classification that conference will at least have 7 teams assuming enrollments for the other schools remains consistent with their recent history. Reidsville will remain the class of the conference while McMichael, Morehead, BY, Carrboro, Cummings, and Graham fight for second. At the minimum, McMichael should be in every game if not win a few. (Now that I have written that watch the NCHSAA put them in a conference with North Surry!)

I think Carrboro will be gone.

I think the conference might Go west instead of east. Probably join In the Western Piedmont 2A. And they will reshape that league with some moving up or down with the realignment

Sign in to follow this