Sign in to follow this  
RaiderDebater

Forest Hills HC

Rate this topic

Coach Jammie Deese, a Scotland County alum, has been named head coach at Forest Hills.  

Great pedigree coming from the Scotland County program, and a stickler for excellence.  You’ll see a team that’s going to do things the right way, plays hard, and will be disciplined.

Ingredients for success. 

25 minutes ago, RaiderDebater said:
Coach Jammie Deese, a Scotland County alum, has been named head coach at Forest Hills.  

Great pedigree coming from the Scotland County program, and a stickler for excellence.  You’ll see a team that’s going to do things the right way, plays hard, and will be disciplined.

Ingredients for success. 

Any idea what type of system he runs? I only ask because someone on here said Forest Hills didn't have the "athletes" to run the spread which I think is laughable.

1 hour ago, coachE42 said:

Any idea what type of system he runs? I only ask because someone on here said Forest Hills didn't have the "athletes" to run the spread which I think is laughable.

They have the athletes to run the spread.  Not sure about Deese's scheme, but whatever it is, it works.  He's been successful at two programs, so there's a successful pattern there.

• Like 1

If I’m not mistaken the offensive systems at UNCP and UWF were based in 10 and 11 personnel.  Both programs ran zone schemes and had very efficient passing games.  With that being said he will have to adapt his philosophy to his athletes like any good high school coach.  He is a really great human being and Forest Hills is very lucky to get him.  Great hire!!!

From what I've gathered, Coach E42, the offense will be multiple as far as what fits FH's talent the best, which speaks to what a couple of posters above me have mentioned concerning the ability to adapt to HS kids.  The base will be spread.  Coach Deese had great success in his stops in the passing game based out of the spread, running game as well.  They're gonna spread the field and find the best match-ups.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RaiderDebater said:

From what I've gathered, Coach E42, the offense will be multiple as far as what fits FH's talent the best, which speaks to what a couple of posters above me have mentioned concerning the ability to adapt to HS kids.  The base will be spread.  Coach Deese had great success in his stops in the passing game based out of the spread, running game as well.  They're gonna spread the field and find the best match-ups.

They are a sleeping giant in Union County.  I know Weddington gets all the publicity, but with the right coach in place, they are absolutely dangerous.  I hope he gets the ship sailing in the right direction and gets that side of the county excited about football again.

• Like 3

On 1/14/2020 at 2:12 PM, coachE42 said:

They are a sleeping giant in Union County.  I know Weddington gets all the publicity, but with the right coach in place, they are absolutely dangerous.  I hope he gets the ship sailing in the right direction and gets that side of the county excited about football again.

Their middle school teams are always filled with great looking athletes and size. Their 6th and 8th grade teams this year were undefeated until the playoffs, didn't field a 7th grade team. So talent is coming up. 

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 6:15 PM, Catholic said:

Their middle school teams are always filled with great looking athletes and size. Their 6th and 8th grade teams this year were undefeated until the playoffs, didn't field a 7th grade team. So talent is coming up. 

Middle schools teams are annually talented at East Union, but it doesn’t transfer over to FH. Middle school as a whole, in my opinion, doesn’t prepare athletes for the reality of being a true student athlete.  A lot of players that could help the program are academically ineligible after their first year or fall off along the way. 

I believe Deese can change that. Won’t be easy, but I believe he’ll be able to keep players on the field and put them in the best position to be successful. 

1 hour ago, RaiderDebater said:

Middle schools teams are annually talented at East Union, but it doesn’t transfer over to FH. Middle school as a whole, in my opinion, doesn’t prepare athletes for the reality of being a true student athlete.  A lot of players that could help the program are academically ineligible after their first year or fall off along the way. 

I believe Deese can change that. Won’t be easy, but I believe he’ll be able to keep players on the field and put them in the best position to be successful. 

It can be done. One way we addressed this problem at EG was to required each FB player to bring in a weekly progress report from every one of their teachers. On Thursday if any player had a zero for anything (tests missed and not made up, classwork or homework) or were a discipline problem they missed playing time. One infraction = missing the first quarter, two infractions = missing the first half, and so on. The same thing on Fri. for the varsity. Believe it or not after a few knuckle heads missed PT they got in line. Each position coach had equal nos. of kids and it only took a few minutes to check the reports. The teacher actually liked what we were doing because it made their jobs easier.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this