Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

UNC basketball

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

Clemson makes history beating UNC for the first time at Smith Center. 

0-59 against UNC home game before today. Roy stated the loss was on him when he forgot to tell the kids to foul with 3 seconds. Carolina is now 8-8 and tied for last place in the conference at 1-4. I honestly believe Williams has lived off the Carolina history while recruiting. In the era of one and done you must win the recruits constantly or be able to coach well.

Some will point to Cole Anthony being out but he is only one player. This week he called his team the least talented he ever had. Even if that were true you should refrain from saying that to the media. Some message boards think he lost this team with his coaching style and they are not responding.

The good thing is he will not have any one and done with that record. So those scholarships will be closed next year. I haven’t seen the roster but he better hope a bunch are seniors. 

I will say I’m a UNC fan. But I’m not sure if I’ve see a team like this since keeping up with them for years. Definitely a long season for the Tarheels. They should of never gave up the lead they had and let Clemson tie it with 3 secs. left. Oh well your right GDG I don’t see any one and done with that kind of record and the way they are playing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

I will say I’m a UNC fan. But I’m not sure if I’ve see a team like this since keeping up with them for years. Definitely a long season for the Tarheels. They should of never gave up the lead they had and let Clemson tie it with 3 secs. left. Oh well your right GDG I don’t see any one and done with that kind of record and the way they are playing.  

I am an anti Carolina anything. For me it’s about the liberal school teachings and failure to run clean programs like Dean did. Was a a Duke fan but not really a basketball fan at all anymore. I have never liked Roy Williams coaching. I was a diehard Dean Smith fan when he coached. I think Roy watches more Carolina games than coaching in the actual game. He should buy a ticket and move into the stands. He is known for taking a lot of timeouts home while his team gets further behind.

• Like 1

It is tough in Chapel Hill right now, but I will not lose faith.

As for one and done's, what does the team record have to do with it? They are one and done kids because of talent. I bet Anthony enters the draft this year regardless of what happens with the season.

• Like 1

Cole Anthony is probably gone no matter UNC's record...plenty of one and dones come off of bad teams--Trae Young, Markell Fultz, Darius Garland. Anthony is actually pretty comparable to Garland in that regard at this point in terms of getting hurt early in the season on a bad team.  Garland was the #5 pick last year.

What hurts more is that the guards who had stepped up after Anthony went down--when UNC beat UCLA and Yale--are hurt now, too.  So UNC has natural wings (Leaky Black and Platek) and a former walk-on (KJ Smith) playing the point in a system that doesn't work without excellent point guard play.  Frontcourt is still formidable.  Silver lining is that the only two times in my lifetime I can remember UNC being this bad were 01-02 and 09-10, and UNC bounced back with great recruiting classes both times.  In 02, McCants, Felton, and May came in the next year and ended up getting UNC a championship.  In 2010, Harrison Barnes, Reggie Bullock and Kendall Marshall came in the next year and UNC was great the next fewyears (and possibly would have had another title had Marshall not hurt his wrist in the second round of the tournament).

• Like 1

Cole Anthony is really good. Does anyone know if he will return from his injury. I have to say I just haven’t kept up with what is going on with him. It would be good to see him get some playing time with UNC before season ends. 

4-6 weeks from Dec. 16.  I just hope the record isn't so bad at that point that he decides to just train for the draft instead of returning, like Darius Garland did at Vandy last year.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DrDoctor said:

unc chapel basketball is suffering from the curse of Silent Sam

Hope so. Journalism majors. Jeez.

GDG, I just read your earlier post. Do you think UNC is more liberal than Duke?  At this point in time, I don't think there is a state school in the nation that I would want my child in. And to tell you the truth there are very few private schools anymore, that I would call conservative.

On 1/19/2020 at 12:14 AM, SPRaiders78 said:

GDG, I just read your earlier post. Do you think UNC is more liberal than Duke?  At this point in time, I don't think there is a state school in the nation that I would want my child in. And to tell you the truth there are very few private schools anymore, that I would call conservative.

I agree. Government employees who have never held a private job and only attended or worked at a school. That will not change. Duke disallowed a Christian organization as recognized on campus because they were Christians but yet allowed others which were not inclusive. It’s a one way street. Some of the silliest stuff my son and daughters came home saying that came from professors mouths were laughable. Brainwashing at the highest level but it’s the same in high school. Same people who would struggle in the private sector job market.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 11:41 AM, smashmouth5 said:

Gotta admit, as a Duke fan, I have watched more UNC games this year than I have in a while.😁

Carolina’s losing record will hurt badly during recruiting. Hopefully having to not go to class and having someone write your papers will be a recruiting bonus. Carolina slips to 8-9 with more meat on the schedule going forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDG said:

Carolina’s losing record will hurt badly during recruiting. Hopefully having to not go to class and having someone write your papers will be a recruiting bonus. Carolina slips to 8-9 with more meat on the schedule going forward.

Some of Roy's quotes about this team won't help either, even if true. K knows how to play game and after Dukes 2 game looking streak said in his presser that he won't throw the kids under the bus. 

Anthony will be a lottery pick in the June draft. Heels will go from not making the NCAA tournament this year to a final four contender next year.Roy has one of his best recruiting classes in many years coming in next season.Tar Heels will be back on top next season.Count on it.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 10:42 PM, 71K said:

Anthony will be a lottery pick in the June draft. Heels will go from not making the NCAA tournament this year to a final four contender next year. Roy has one of his best recruiting classes in many years coming in next season.Tar Heels will be back on top next season.Count on it.

Those recruits better be the Fab Five with the look of this years team. If Anthony returns they have four slots open. I don’t watch basketball but I’ve caught snippets of some games this year and they have played less than inspired. Final Four? That would be a huge turnaround.