Sign in to follow this  
Catholic

Catholic schedule for next season

Rate this topic

Since C/O did an article on it the cats out of the bag. We upped the stakes in 2020. Not sure there is a schedule in NC that is this loaded. Catholic is in talks with one other national powerhouse to play Week 2. (Copying last portion from NC Preps post that I saw on schedule)

Week 1: @ South Meck 

Week 2: vs Bergen Catholic (NJ)

Week 3: @ Archbishop Rummel (LA)

Week 4: vs Blessed Trinity (GA)

Week 5: BYE

Week 6: @ Monroe

Week 7: vs Weddington 

Week 8: vs Sun Valley 

Week 9: @ Piedmont 

Week 10:  vs Parkwood 

Week 11: @ Cuthbertson 

Week 12: vs Marvin Ridge 

Catholic in talks with another national power for week 2 game. Rummel won their state title a year ago and went undefeated and finished as #1 team in Louisana and ranked in the top 20 nationally. Blessed Trinity is the last team to beat Trevor Lawrence and three-peated in 4A in Georgia. Quite the schedule. -From CatholicCougs14 on NCP. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Panther2018 said:

appearantly they don't want richmond on the schedule

We are in talks with another national power for that week. Richmond game would be away. Tough to start with three straight road games. 

• Like 1

True. Three would be overkill. But, if they started 3-0 on the road nobody can say anything about CC. Tough as nails every year. Even though they have no boundaries and so many advantages over public schools, I still respect their program because of how they play. Year in, year out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steelers71 said:

True. Three would be overkill. But, if they started 3-0 on the road nobody can say anything about CC. Tough as nails every year. Even though they have no boundaries and so many advantages over public schools, I still respect their program because of how they play. Year in, year out.

No one can say anything if they go 3-0 regardless. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steelers71 said:

South Meck is not a tough game. Bergen Catholic is a quality program. LOL

Quality is one way to describe a program ranked nationally most years I guess. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Catholic said:

Week 1: @ South Meck 

Week 2: vs Bergen Catholic (NJ)

Week 3: @ Archbishop Rummel (LA)

Week 4: vs Blessed Trinity (GA)

Week 5: BYE

Week 6: @ Monroe

Week 7: vs Weddington 

Week 8: vs Sun Valley 

Week 9: @ Piedmont 

Week 10:  vs Parkwood 

Week 11: @ Cuthbertson 

Week 12: vs Marvin Ridge 

This is a brutal schedule for many 4A teams in NC. You have to love how Catholic will play these types of games. They understand that the hard road most often leads to the sweetest fruits.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steelers71 said:

South Meck is not a tough game. Bergen Catholic is a quality program. LOL

SM is one of the largest schools in the State. Joe Evans will get a lot of new kids playing. He made Myers Park tougher. 
After 1 year at Indy, following year they were 12-1. SM will be better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, work7 said:

SM is one of the largest schools in the State. Joe Evans will get a lot of new kids playing. He made Myers Park tougher. 
After 1 year at Indy, following year they were 12-1. SM will be better.

I'm sure South Meck will be better. They got like top three enrollment in the state. But, CC will beat them easily this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raider1 said:

How could a team be ranked 7th in the state with a 5-4 record at the end of season......

They aren’t a 5-4 team like Sanderson or Olympic. Most years they are nationally ranked and in the top 3 in NJ. Their league is extremely tough. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raider1 said:

How could a team be ranked 7th in the state with a 5-4 record at the end of season......

Look at the schedule and teams they play. The private teams in their area in northern NJ are strong.  SJR, DBP, SPP.  Impressive.  

All three of their OOS opponents would be very strong in NC 4AA playoffs most seasons.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steelers71 said:

I'm sure South Meck will be better. They got like top three enrollment in the state. But, CC will beat them easily this year. 

I think that is a sleeping giant just as I said Myers Park was.

• Like 1

Rocket Man if y'all had the bucks rolling in like CC y'all could travel all over the nation for a high school football game as well. They have a great tradition, a great program and most importantly I imagine, a great booster club.  I expect Reynolds is like most public schools, they just couldn't afford games like that even if they wanted to play them. 

2 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Rocket Man if y'all had the bucks rolling in like CC y'all could travel all over the nation for a high school football game as well. They have a great tradition, a great program and most importantly I imagine, a great booster club.  I expect Reynolds is like most public schools, they just couldn't afford games like that even if they wanted to play them. 

Bucks? You obviously have never seen our weightroom or our stadium before it expanded. Here we go again with your BS money argument that you started last year. How do you know that these schools aren’t helping us travel to them? Oh wait you don’t you’re just a fan. 

I don't understand how your program can be so  successful, and you still be so thin skinned. I would think if I were a coach, which I'm not, if I were involved with a program as successful as Catholic, I'd be willing to let stuff go. Especially if I knew as you say you do, "The Truth".  

Yeah, I'm just a fan. Catholic schools traveling all over the country to play other Catholic schools, no there is no built in advantages there. I don't recall Butler, Myers Park or any other public school traveling cross country to play nationally ranked Catholic schools.When you travel, do you stay in hotels? How many meals are provided for the players? How many fans are on the visitors side? They may well help you out as you say. How do you help them out when they come to Charlotte? 

I never saw your stadium before it was expanded. How was it expanded? Did Catholic contractors volunteer their time, equipment, employees and material. Or did it take real money? Dude I don't set out to piss you off but I don't think you will ever convince me that there are not some built in advantages you guys have. 

By the way that Western Final against Kings Mountain was one of the best games I've ever seen. Congratulations again on another State Championship.

2 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

I don't understand how your program can be so  successful, and you still be so thin skinned. I would think if I were a coach, which I'm not, if I were involved with a program as successful as Catholic, I'd be willing to let stuff go. Especially if I knew as you say you do, "The Truth".  

Yeah, I'm just a fan. Catholic schools traveling all over the country to play other Catholic schools, no there is no built in advantages there. I don't recall Butler, Myers Park or any other public school traveling cross country to play nationally ranked Catholic schools.When you travel, do you stay in hotels? How many meals are provided for the players? How many fans are on the visitors side? They may well help you out as you say. How do you help them out when they come to Charlotte? 

I never saw your stadium before it was expanded. How was it expanded? Did Catholic contractors volunteer their time, equipment, employees and material. Or did it take real money? Dude I don't set out to piss you off but I don't think you will ever convince me that there are not some built in advantages you guys have. 

By the way that Western Final against Kings Mountain was one of the best games I've ever seen. Congratulations again on another State Championship.

Our advantage is hard work and probably the best middle school feeder program in the state. I have thick enough skin, but I know a pot shot when I see one.

When we traveled to Good Counsel we had maybe 10 players stay in a hotel. Drove up day of, a number of players parents drove up for the game we had a couple hundred fans there. Most went home with parents or went home with their friends and their parents. 

Thankfully our stadium was expanded thanks to a donation by a family that also built our on campus chapel in 2003 so they paid for the entire expansion(I am sure others chipped in). 

I am not here to try and throw shots at you or South Point or whatever. I'll leave that to dudes on NC Preps, but it seemed to me like it was a pot shot. A "oh well if you had the money they do you'd be that good too." Which I saw as an attempt to devalue what our program is. I don't post on here much, but I will when I feel like someone takes a shot. My apologies if you did not intend that. 

If a public school wants to travel they can make it happen but it takes a lot of effort.  Byrnes (SC) is the best example.  They have also hosted a lot of OOS opponents.  They went to Florida, Ohio twice, Louisiana, Virginia, Georgia, California, and NC over the years.

Again, Catholic has one of the best programs in the state. Anyone who would say otherwise knows less about football than I do. 

South Point also had a benevolent family who paid for SP's stadium in 1969. 

I have no idea how things are paid for at Catholic or any other school for that matter. I've never made a lot of money in my life. I guess you could say I'm in the middle class. I've tried to give a tithe plus, to my church most of my adult life. I don't have extra to donate to South Point.  I wish I did. Maybe I'm just jealous I couldn't afford to send mine to a private school. Good luck next season. If you guys are looking to pickup a game year after next, contact Shelby High School. I think they could give you all the competition you want and save you a ton of money to boot. By the way y'all would beat the crap out of South Point the last two years and probably the next two or three as well.

• Like 1

Most public schools struggle to make money from gate receipts, booster club projects and fund raisers. Guilford County provides each school with a set amount to be used to pay coaching supplements but there is very little money left over for traveling all over the country to play games. Plus the fact that the non revenue sports depend on FB to fund them as well. I still think Endowment money should be used to provide transportation when teams make the playoffs. If a team has to travel more than 1 1/2 hours they should be allowed to ride on a tour bus. The same money source needs to fully fund meals as well. In other words schools should not have to fund any part of playoff games.

10 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Glenn, wish in one hand and take a crap in the other. Guess which one will fill up first.  Great plan but you know that will never happen.

I agree. What they need to do and what they actually do are total opposites. That is one of the reasons I am not a huge fan of the NCHSAA. They are suppose to be there for several reasons. My thought is that they are suppose to be there to police the program and make sure the programs are taken care of. From what I observe they do neither. They seem to be more interested in padding the Endowment Fund.

SP, and Rocketman The Catholic guys will never admit they have an advantage. But its very obvious they do. As you mentioned what public schools are packing up and traveling all over the country? Of the Catholic losses recently most were against like minded football playing Catholic Schools.  They have economic, social, boundary, and residency advantages that public schools just dont have. They are more similar to Christian, Country Day, and Providence day than they are Butler, West Charlotte, and Olympic. But they will stay in denial as long as they reap the benefit of these advantages playing in a public school league playoffs.

Oh man, now you've done it. Be prepared to face the music. 

As I told Catholic last off season, "I just like to stir the pot now and then."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-Heat1110 said:

SP, and Rocketman The Catholic guys will never admit they have an advantage. But its very obvious they do. As you mentioned what public schools are packing up and traveling all over the country? Of the Catholic losses recently most were against like minded football playing Catholic Schools.  They have economic, social, boundary, and residency advantages that public schools just dont have. They are more similar to Christian, Country Day, and Providence day than they are Butler, West Charlotte, and Olympic. But they will stay in denial as long as they reap the benefit of these advantages playing in a public school league playoffs.

Lol

5 hours ago, J-Heat1110 said:

So I guess Weddington didn't get the memo?

J-Heat you are uneducated on the matter if you think Charlotte Catholic is set up like the two Parochial schools they played this year.  

• Like 2

Catholic didn;t beat my team. I'm just biased towards a level playing field for public schools. 

Btango I'm fully aware Catholic is not like the Catholic schools they play. I'm saying they are more similar to those typ of schools/private schools than they are public schools they compete against. When Catholic guys say they have no built in advantages by being a private school competing in a public school league they are being disingenuous. Just the sheer facts of controlled numbers gives them an advantage, before we even talk about boundaries, and the elective process to get in. They work hard and have a great program,. but dont overlook these advantages. 

Work Weddington is an anomaly. Now add in all other public school games and Catholic's win percentage is likely close to 98%. When was the last time they lost a conference game before this? I'll hang up and listen.

1 hour ago, J-Heat1110 said:

Catholic didn;t beat my team. I'm just biased towards a level playing field for public schools. 

Btango I'm fully aware Catholic is not like the Catholic schools they play. I'm saying they are more similar to those typ of schools/private schools than they are public schools they compete against. When Catholic guys say they have no built in advantages by being a private school competing in a public school league they are being disingenuous. Just the sheer facts of controlled numbers gives them an advantage, before we even talk about boundaries, and the elective process to get in. They work hard and have a great program,. but dont overlook these advantages. 

Work Weddington is an anomaly. Now add in all other public school games and Catholic's win percentage is likely close to 98%. When was the last time they lost a conference game before this? I'll hang up and listen.

2009. Before that 2003. Excellence. 

2 hours ago, J-Heat1110 said:

Just the sheer facts of controlled numbers gives them an advantage, before we even talk about boundaries, and the elective process to get in. They work hard and have a great program,. but dont overlook these advantages. 

Please explain "controlled numbers and the elective process."

• Like 1

I think they have advantages but I do not think it is as much for being a "private" school as it is for being a school with families that have the means to focus on education and finding the absolute best opportuities for their children whether it be academics, athletics, or social.  There is one trait they all have and that is a Catholic education and for the most part a family that is involved in the Catholic church.  That is their community.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this