Rate this topic

So Tad Baucom was the HC at CATA before going to Sun Valley. He obviously did a great job there and was blessed with Sam Howell. Is it possible something similar happens again this year where a local coach takes over to find great success? It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Union county pays coaches and teachers very well so I'm sure there will be a ton of applicants for this job.

Every potential coach I've spoken with (from other districts) said that the pay was too poor in Union to consider moving from the likes of (Cabarrus, Meck, etc.).  They should probably just hire Zach Bevilacqua and move on with it, he's a good and very competent coach, and knows the kids in the building already.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

Every potential coach I've spoken with (from other districts) said that the pay was too poor in Union to consider moving from the likes of (Cabarrus, Meck, etc.).  They should probably just hire Zach Bevilacqua and move on with it, he's a good and very competent coach, and knows the kids in the building already.  

Thats is my thought too since i talked to him here n there n I feel he would be the best fit right now since he been at SV for a while n already been a HC before 

3 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

That would make sense. I'm surprised the pay isn't better than CMS for coaching. I know the pay is good there, but many coaches complain about the extra duties and class schedule. If they have somebody there ready to go, give him the job and roll on. 

If I'm not mistaken, the max head coaching stipend is somewhere around $4,000, that's just not good in my opinion, especially if it's only a 10-month job. 

Congratulations to Tad. He and I have been friends since my days when I was with Bobby Cloninger at Mt. Pleasant. Great guy. He and his wife are wonderful people.

20 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

If I'm not mistaken, the max head coaching stipend is somewhere around $4,000, that's just not good in my opinion, especially if it's only a 10-month job. 

Yea, that's terrible.