Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

Wonder why some of these Mountain jobs are struggling to fill their HC job.... Ashesville is me is very appealing and Ashesville has some nice facilities and Beautiful area to live! Is the Admin, Community support there? 

• Like 1

Pros to coaching at Asheville

1. Generally a very good base of talent to work with.  ( that may change in the future, see below )

2. The stadium is second to none.

3. Beautiful area to live in.

4. being the only City School, they don't have to share tax money with another high school.

Cons to coaching at Asheville

1. Very expensive to live in Asheville. ( not as bad outside the city ) 

2. The administration isn't as supportive as in years past.

3. No assistants that are teachers at the school.

4. Rumor has it the weight program is going downhill fast.  ( None or only one class for weight training)

5. Families moving into the Asheville district are more interested in soccer, tennis, cross country or other things than football.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, gg4bama said:

Pros to coaching at Asheville

1. Generally a very good base of talent to work with.  ( that may change in the future, see below )

2. The stadium is second to none.

3. Beautiful area to live in.

4. being the only City School, they don't have to share tax money with another high school.

Cons to coaching at Asheville

1. Very expensive to live in Asheville. ( not as bad outside the city ) 

2. The administration isn't as supportive as in years past.

3. No assistants that are teachers at the school.

4. Rumor has it the weight program is going downhill fast.  ( None or only one class for weight training)

5. Families moving into the Asheville district are more interested in soccer, tennis, cross country or other things than football.

Doesn't sound like a great job anymore. Like it used to be.

Asheville should challenge Reynolds every year for conference titles but seem to be heading in the direction of a North Buncombe or TCR. They need a change in the administrations attitude and a structural change in regards to on campus coaches and weight training. A lot of factors are in place to be right back in the upper echelon of 3A but lack of support is killing them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Football Pride said:

Any news on the Asheville job? I have heard names, but don't know if any truth to the rumors.

I do know there's one candidate applying who is coming from a National Power House. Very sharp candidate.

18 minutes ago, gg4bama said:

I know Cort Radford is no longer the head coach at Chase so maybe they do have their guy.  

He did a great job at Crest. Has completely changed the culture at Chase. Would be a great hire.

41 minutes ago, Steelers71 said:

Been saying for several weeks now that Cort is the guy. He'll do great there.

He better have support from the administration there or it will be a dogfight everyday.  From what I have heard the new administration is not a very supportive group for football.