ER-LEGEND

Add Randleman to the coaching search!

Rate this topic

51 minutes ago, ER-LEGEND said:

Multiple people have confirmed this. 

Has Handy or Clayton HS?  Was Handy able to address his team before this was posted? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

Has Handy or Clayton HS?  Was Handy able to address his team before this was posted? 

Yes from what I was told he addressed his team first thing this morning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ER-LEGEND said:

Yes from what I was told he addressed his team first thing this morning. 

Ok, sounds good. I don’t like it when people post stories before a coach can address his team. Those players need to hear it from him and not from message boards. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

Ok, sounds good. I don’t like it when people post stories before a coach can address his team. Those players need to hear it from him and not from message boards. 

I agree!

• Like 1

If true, I didn’t see this one coming! I thought Handy would be a 20-year-plus guy at Randleman. 

Randleman is probably more desirable than Asheboro at this point. Randleman would appear to have some suitors. 2020 is the year of change in Randolph County.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lbedwards said:

Randleman is probably more desirable than Asheboro at this point. Randleman would appear to have some suitors. 2020 is the year of change in Randolph County.

I am not so sure about that. I think that Asheboro has more potential if the central office and school administration are all in to provide the new coach with what he needs to make it work. It will also take a HC who is willing to recruit players in the school as well as work with the MS and rec dept. coaches. I think the best thing Doug Robertson did when we got to Eastern Guilford was have a 4 day mini camp for the rising 8th and 9th grade FB players at our MS. We also had a 4 day camp for our rec. ball coach and players. That push allowed us to go from 45 players to close to 100 in a period of 4 years. Having a MS and a Rec. Ball appreciation nights at a game also helped. There are many things you can do even with bad administrations.  I know because we did it until Lance Sockwell became our principal a couple years ago and being a former athlete and FB coach, he made things a lot easier.

• Like 2

They are getting a good coach, leader, high integrity community person in Shane Handy. FYI....Randleman has the best rec. football program in Randolph Co.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Glenn said:

I am not so sure about that. I think that Asheboro has more potential if the central office and school administration are all in to provide the new coach with what he needs to make it work. It will also take a HC who is willing to recruit players in the school as well as work with the MS and rec dept. coaches. I think the best thing Doug Robertson did when we got to Eastern Guilford was have a 4 day mini camp for the rising 8th and 9th grade FB players at our MS. We also had a 4 day camp for our rec. ball coach and players. That push allowed us to go from 45 players to close to 100 in a period of 4 years. Having a MS and a Rec. Ball appreciation nights at a game also helped. There are many things you can do even with bad administrations.  I know because we did it until Lance Sockwell became our principal a couple years ago and being a former athlete and FB coach, he made things a lot easier.

I agree being a observer of Eastern Guilford doesn’t seem like the AD supports many of the sports besides baseball and maybe football to a certain extent.

7 hours ago, GoNtheDistance said:

If true, randleman will return to mediocrity pretty quickly in the next few years.  Handy was wonderful for that program. 

Wishful thinking by a Red Raider.   Coach Handy is a tremendous coach and he has laid a foundation for success to make the Randleman job one of the more appealing Head coaching jobs in the state.

Randleman HS has many of the key ingredients needed for a successful football program and coach.   An established rec league that plays at the high school and is one  best around, a middle school program that has won 2 straight league championships and is coached like many high school programs, best facilities in the county, and an administration made up of former football coaches at very successful programs.

As with any change there always a time of adjustment, but I see the Tigers in position again in 2020 for their 4th straight PAC 7 title.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Glenn said:

Agreed... couldn't be more true. Handy came in at Randleman and changed the entire nature of football in that area from Rec Ball up. Was not an easy feat but he did it. I live in Randolph County and the transformation in Randleman has been remarkable. Interesting thing I have been hearing lately regarding Asheboro job is young man that lives in the area now, Terry Shankle. From NC, high school phenom at South Stanly High School, played at UNC Chapel Hill, and has been coaching at Anson High School since leaving UNC. Anson's program has made large strides under Coach Jackson. Shankle is currently OC at Anson.  From what I hear this name is being thrown around alot. Young guy with lots of upside, but definitely flying under the radar as he has no head coaching experience. May be a good catch for a school around here. Asheboro or maybe Thomasville? Not sure what Randleman will do, i'm sure they are blindsided with the loss of Handy. 

• Like 1

I’d consider handy the best coach in the Triad in terms of getting the most out of his kids.  With him gone, it won’t show up in year 1 or maybe even year 2, but there will be a decline at Randleman.  Big pick up by Clayton. 

Ok Chris....waiting on your list.  It will be interesting to see how the two Randolph County schools move over the next few weeks with both Randleman and Asheboro open.  

13 hours ago, GoNtheDistance said:

I’d consider handy the best coach in the Triad in terms of getting the most out of his kids.  With him gone, it won’t show up in year 1 or maybe even year 2, but there will be a decline at Randleman.  Big pick up by Clayton. 

He is a great coach but I am sure there are a lot of great coaches of various age and experience levels who will do as good a job as he did. To say that in year 3 Randleman will go down hill is not fair to his replacement. 

• Like 2

I think Brian Hughes is the top guy on staff, if he doesn't leave for Clayton along with Handy, I would think he would have an opportunity.  Outside of him, I would look hard at Kevin Gillespie or Brian Hinson at Salisbury, who ironically was the last coach to beat Randleman back in December. 

Good point with Coach Hughes.  He would be the best for continuity.  He has been with Handy for some time and understands how the program has worked at Randleman during their recent success.  

3 hours ago, Richard Barnes said:

Any idea on who it might be?

I was told the Randleman faithful would be thrilled with the selection. It's not Brian Hughes, and the whole staff will be back. A Tiger supporter told me there's only 2 that would thrill him.....Shane Handy won't be back, and Tony Goss. Guess we'll find out Thursday.

Considering this hire, I think the Tiger fans should be thrilled. Timmons was S. Handy's OC for 8 years and I'm sure will keep Handy's hand print on the program. Brian Hughes didn't want the HC position, and the powers that be still hit a homerun.

23 hours ago, Randolph county said:

Heard tht Stud Rb Lilly is transferring from Randleman

I heard  that his situation is complicated with proof that a supporter from a county school had offered money, or other monetary favors. Could be true and could be false, but I guess time will tell and eventually it will play out.

1 hour ago, BLueDawg said:

I heard  that his situation is complicated with proof that a supporter from a county school had offered money, or other monetary favors. Could be true and could be false, but I guess time will tell and eventually it will play out.

Completely false! You Tigers are so worried about losing Lilly you resort to creating false post! This county is about to return to the way it should be with ER on top! And by the way be careful what you post about cause there is plenty of dirt to go around! 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ER-LEGEND said:

Completely false! You Tigers are so worried about losing Lilly you resort to creating false post! This county is about to return to the way it should be with ER on top! And by the way be careful what you post about cause there is plenty of dirt to go around! 

A guilty dog barks first, seeing how your crowd was NEVER mentioned by name. Thanks!! I really don't care if Lilly leaves or not I have no dawg in the fight one way or another. You Tigers? LOL!!

• Haha 1