Sign in to follow this  
hbnw

Thomasville HC Search

Rate this topic

This thread was actually about thomasville

head coaching search and benjie got brought up which brought the MC fans out.  I have many ties to Montgomery county, and know about the unrealistic expectations of the current fan base.  For example, there were actually some MC fans before the season started on here that were trying to make an argument for them being a top 10 team this year.   It’s delusional honestly.  Truth be known MC was worse than I expected them to be.  Not a good football team right now, at all. I hope MC is successful and I’m certain that they will be based on Brown and company getting the most out of their kids and producing good, quality young men.  That’s success.  They will, however, never be a contender at the state level on a consistent basis which is fine, but not sure that’s what some of the delusional county folk expect.  It’s the truth; whether you care to recognize it. 

• Like 1

And for the record, just Bc you don’t like what I’m saying or your opinion may differ, that doesn’t make it bashing.  I’ve said over and over that MC fans need to have realistic expectations for their program because out of the gate, they were anything but as noted in my previous post.  That’s not bashing. 

3 hours ago, WM1977 said:

For someone that doesn't have ties to Montgomery County it definitely appears that we are living rent free in your head. You stalk us religiously and seem to have an opinion on all things going on. What you should do is get a hobby outside of bashing fans on a high school football forum. And yes, we have high expectations. And those expectations don't include forfeiting seasons, blatant cheating violations and questionable integrity among our coaches. My advice to you is to try and get Mack to coach your pathetic excuse for a basketball team, move back over to the "tarheel recruiting service" site and get a damn life. Montgomery Central will be fine with Coach Brown and will be a factor soon enough. It's obvious this is your outlet for whatever reason. Sad...very sad. Seek help. 

your pathetic excuse for a basketball team.

I always have a problem with anyone making negative comments about kids either directly or indirectly. These kids are out there doing the best they can so it should be understood that this should never be done. It is probably the policy of Carolina Preps that bad mouthing players and coaches is not permitted.

• Like 2

Why do you continue to bash the Timberwolves? We were certainly not playing rent free for opposing teams like Thomasville, Forest Hills, Albemarle and Graham. Not even  3A Union Pines.  Talk about bashing, ? Thats it right there.

21 hours ago, GoNtheDistance said:

Rent free was every opposing teams offense in the MC end zone this year. 🤣

You may not be smart enough to understand what the term "irony" means. A supposed grown man with ZERO ties to a school, coaching staff or players consistently bashes the school and fans but screams "rent free" when an opposing fan of a known crooked cheating university mentions them. I sincerely hope you find the poster on this and the uncheat recruiting assistance site who has claimed to be on medication. You need it as bad or worse than he does. You may just troll this board to generate clicks or you are in serious need of a life. I suggest going the medication route.

8 hours ago, WM1977 said:

You may not be smart enough to understand what the term "irony" means. A supposed grown man with ZERO ties to a school, coaching staff or players consistently bashes the school and fans but screams "rent free" when an opposing fan of a known crooked cheating university mentions them. I sincerely hope you find the poster on this and the uncheat recruiting assistance site who has claimed to be on medication. You need it as bad or worse than he does. You may just troll this board to generate clicks or you are in serious need of a life. I suggest going the medication route.

You make zero sense. 

On 1/10/2020 at 5:18 PM, WM1977 said:

I was referring to the unc tarheel team. NOT a high school team. Relax.... 

Unc team isn't any good. But cmon now, but you should know it won't last and unc has been good since 2011.

• Like 1

What about someone like Coach Trivett from Central Davidson? He is a former bulldog has head coaching experience from trinity and central not to mention the turnaround he did for central has to speak for itself for what he inherited when he got that job. So obviously he has my vote.

Heard that Marshall, Mills, and coach G........applied.....interviews next week.

trivett?   Come on.  CD needs him.  Don’t be surprised if a big name coach is named

Wanted to weigh in on the Thomasville HC search and the "rumors" from TOS about the Coach Brown (s) being involved. Not one word has been spoken about them having ANY interest in returning to Thomasville. I as a football enthusiast would guarantee you that if they wanted to return to Thomasville the job was theirs. How about the fact that Montgomery Central is a much better opportunity with a higher ceiling and better chance of success than Thomasville? This isn't Thomasville 20-30 years ago by the way. It has go the way of many mill towns i.e. Albemarle, North Moore etc.... Enjoy the successes of your past and realize at best you are going to hire a young coach that will move on at the first opportunity presented to him. Maybe do something about the crime, violence and issues in the school before you start trying to recruit top talent to coach a football team that has as many players in the arrest reports as they do in the sports page. 

• Sad 1

WM 1977...stop.  You are no one special.  Please do not insult a community, a school, and most importantly the teenage student athletes of the school.  You have often come on this site to start arguments, but now you have reached a new low.  Let’s remember no community or school is immune to young people making mistakes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@WM1977

Your statement, “Maybe do something about the crime, violence and issues I. The school ... has as many players in the arrest reports ...”

This is a significant claim. Do you have any date, evidence, or verification regarding the accuracy of such a statement? If so, could you please produce hard, factual artifacts in support of your claim? 

13 minutes ago, hbnw said:

WM 1977...stop.  You are no one special.  Please do not insult a community, a school, and most importantly the teenage student athletes of the school.  You have often come on this site to start arguments, but now you have reached a new low.  Let’s remember no community or school is immune to young people making mistakes. 

I don't understand how he is still allowed to post on this site, but I guess he will cry about his right to free speech.  He is nothing more than a blowhard who comes on here and spews stupid claims to get a rise out of people.  Attacking teenagers is a new low, even for him, but it has become his norm.  Such a sad and pathetic old man.

3 hours ago, WM1977 said:

Wanted to weigh in on the Thomasville HC search and the "rumors" from TOS about the Coach Brown (s) being involved. Not one word has been spoken about them having ANY interest in returning to Thomasville. I as a football enthusiast would guarantee you that if they wanted to return to Thomasville the job was theirs. How about the fact that Montgomery Central is a much better opportunity with a higher ceiling and better chance of success than Thomasville? This isn't Thomasville 20-30 years ago by the way. It has go the way of many mill towns i.e. Albemarle, North Moore etc.... Enjoy the successes of your past and realize at best you are going to hire a young coach that will move on at the first opportunity presented to him. Maybe do something about the crime, violence and issues in the school before you start trying to recruit top talent to coach a football team that has as many players in the arrest reports as they do in the sports page. 

I know that all of you on here are respectful posters. The post does not represent all of us here from Montgomery County. I do not post a lot, but this post from WM 1977 has sparked my comments. It is not acceptable to call out a community, school system, or students in that system. I have the upmost respect for the Thomasville community. I hope that you find the right coach to lead your team and keep it on the path that it is on. Well Wishes from this Montgomery County Resident in your search and upcoming season. 

• Like 1

I never attacked the community, students or school system. I merely stated a fact that has been posted on here as well as TOS. Thomasville has had an issue the last few years with discipline on and off the field. It is common knowledge and I could post several links to stories but I won't. Sorry that I triggered so many snowflakes. If you can't confront a problem then you can't arrive at a solution. Ask Albemarle about their issues and the discipline problems they have and have had. It directly affects the ability to hire and retain coaches. I think that this is a public forum and if the statistics and information are relevant to whether or not a school is attractive to a coach is part of the discussion. Any of you that think otherwise are living in a dreamworld. Jeez.... next thing you know y'all will want to stop posting scores and give everybody a damn trophy. 

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 5:41 PM, GoNtheDistance said:

Rent free was every opposing teams offense in the MC end zone this year. 🤣

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 1:13 PM, Wmhs1992 said:

I know that all of you on here are respectful posters. The post does not represent all of us here from Montgomery County. I do not post a lot, but this post from WM 1977 has sparked my comments. It is not acceptable to call out a community, school system, or students in that system. I have the upmost respect for the Thomasville community. I hope that you find the right coach to lead your team and keep it on the path that it is on. Well Wishes from this Montgomery County Resident in your search and upcoming season. 

I also wish Thomasville the best in their search for a new coach. I hope that Benjie Brown stays to build the program at Montgomery Central. Being a native of Thomasville myself ( as with Benjie),  I am sure that Coach Brown will always have an attachment to the Bulldogs and hope for their success.

Per the Thomasville City Schools:

A specially called meeting of the TCS Board of Education is scheduled for Wednesday, February 19, 2020 @ 7:45 am. It is a closed session to discuss a personnel matter. The personnel matter is the only item on the agenda. 

Sounds like THS has found a football coach.

The Dogs will continue to win with Gillespie and the staff he has coming.  Lots of skill guys coming back, just need some of the bigger kids walking the hallways to play to shore up the O/D line.

Sign in to follow this