Sign in to follow this  
BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Mooresville Wrestling

Mooresville had done some solid event and This past week we had guys in the top 10-15 in a BIG Tournament! 

MHS Wrestling is in the fight at the Holy Angels Invitational! Greg Merriman (106) places fourth, Davis Freeze (113) places sixth, and Luke Goodin (160) places sixth.

18 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Mooresville had done some solid event and This past week we had guys in the top 10-15 in a BIG Tournament! 

MHS Wrestling is in the fight at the Holy Angels Invitational! Greg Merriman (106) places fourth, Davis Freeze (113) places sixth, and Luke Goodin (160) places sixth.

Avery finished 5th in the Holy Angels. 2 2nd place. 1 3rd place and 1 4th place. The top 4 teams in points were from Georgia, Georgia, Wisconsin, and Georgia. Avery had the highest finish in points for a NC team.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Avery finished 5th in the Holy Angels. 2 2nd place. 1 3rd place and 1 4th place. The top 4 teams in points were from Georgia, Georgia, Wisconsin, and Georgia. Avery had the highest finish in points for a NC team.

It seems to be a TOUGH and one of the BEST wrestling tourney Our team does 

21 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

It seems to be a TOUGH and one of the BEST wrestling tourney Our team does 

Yeah it’s one of the best tournaments around. There was a team from New York. South Carolina had several teams. Virginia and West Virginia had a team there. I was surprised a team from Wisconsin came. The Georgia teams were good.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Yeah it’s one of the best tournaments around. There was a team from New York. South Carolina had several teams. Virginia and West Virginia had a team there. I was surprised a team from Wisconsin came. The Georgia teams were good.

Yeah .... NC Wrestling is pretty solid to me overall but other states are prob better 

Robbinsville is just now getting the football player on the mat so we should improve a good bit. One of our bigs decide not to come out this year.  Hopefully he will next season. 

We have an eighth grader that is ranked 25th in the county at any weight class. Pound for pound. If he doesn't move up North he could be our first 4 time champ.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 2:58 PM, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Mooresville Head Coach Just got his 500th win!! 

Congrats. Wish I knew where Coach Clark for Newton was. He has been above 40 plus wins average for at least 15 seasons and before that I don’t know. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 84k said:

Who cares about Mooresville wrestling. I guess next you'll be talking about Mooresville volleyball. 😄

If AL Brown’s football kids wrestled they wouldn’t be so soft like salt water taffy.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

State Champs baby so Mooresville Wrestling is a BIG deal ......I'm sure Kannpolis doesn't know anything about that in wrestling 

Yea they do, they have a pretty good wrestling program. I believe couple of individual state champions the last few years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GDG said:

If AL Brown’s football kids wrestled they wouldn’t be so soft like salt water taffy.

He knows I'm just messing with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 84k said:

Yea they do, they have a pretty good wrestling program. I believe couple of individual state champions the last few years.

Never heard of them...... I Like your AD tho he the Baseball coach at AL BROWN 

49 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Never heard of them...... I Like your AD tho he the Baseball coach at AL BROWN 

Yes

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ramheadbut said:

Best states for Wrestling

PA

NJ

OH

CA

IA

ILL

MN

MD

In Fact UNC and Campbell coach are from the same county in PA 

I would say that’s pretty accurate. Texas may be on that lower end. There are some great high school wrestling schools in Georgia just almost no colleges to wrestle at. The South could dominate the wrestling scene much like football if the opportunities at the next level were available. I can only think of 3 schools in South Carolina who have college programs. I cannot think of a single one in Georgia at the moment. Only one program I can recall in the entire SEC.

2 hours ago, ramheadbut said:

it would take the south several decades to catch those power states that were mentioned .  

I agree. The 3 top three mentioned are light years ahead of the south. It is a cultural thing up there.