Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

East Rutherford selects new head football coach

Rate this topic

East Rutherford HS has selected a new head football coach. 

Link: East Rutherford selects Brint Russell as new head football coach - CarolinaPreps.com

• Like 3

Good for him.  I'm glad he is getting another shot.  His tenure at East Rutherford is good to see.  I think he might have been the Owen coach had that been the case when he applied for our job before going to East.  Glad to see Warhorses continuing to excel.  I believe this is a good hire for East.

• Like 2

ER is a place that you can win at. Just takes the right man to lead the troops and I believe this hire will get them back on course. There is no reason they should not be at least in the conversation every year in 2A.

Trying to remember this correctly forgive me if I got it a little off. But didn't Newton-Conover screw him and force him to resign behind the scene. Kinda remember a resignation letter that seemed a little off. I have nothing against guy, just kinda remember that he may had been done dirty.

4 hours ago, amaidendevil said:

Trying to remember this correctly forgive me if I got it a little off. But didn't Newton-Conover screw him and force him to resign behind the scene. Kinda remember a resignation letter that seemed a little off. I have nothing against guy, just kinda remember that he may had been done dirty.

Disagree. Nothing dirty.

He also had a 5 month stint as head coach at I believe South Davidson. Didn’t make it to season opening. Maybe even summer practice. Word is he resigned. Really resigned. 

Left South Davidson on bad terms right before practice in late July. Did not go speak with anyone at the school. Made lots of promises and then left with no communication. Unethical move that hurt the kids that bought in during the spring.