Sign in to follow this  
336footballer

Page HC Opening

Why would Tinsley want this job? He has a gold mine at SE. His facilities at SE are far superior to those at Page. His WR at SE is far superior.

5 minutes ago, Glenn said:

Why would Tinsley want this job? He has a gold mine at SE. His facilities at SE are far superior to those at Page. His WR at SE is far superior.

Because Page is one of the best football programs in the state.  They always have potential to be one of the best 4AA teams on a yearly basis. 

I think the potential at SE is even better. The participation at Page this past season was not very good. It looks to me like they are going to go through some lean times. Their MS PB team this year was  not very good. Their JV team this year was not very good. The future at SE looks much better in my opinion. Right now I would rather be at SE than Page.

On 12/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, Glenn said:

I think the potential at SE is even better. The participation at Page this past season was not very good. It looks to me like they are going to go through some lean times. Their MS PB team this year was  not very good. Their JV team this year was not very good. The future at SE looks much better in my opinion. Right now I would rather be at SE than Page.

You sound a little biased.  Page has plenty of talent...trust me.....they do now and always have.  SE has a strong program no doubt...but just not the allure of a Page opening.  I know many at SE and they are really worried about Tinsley leaving for Page.

You sound a little biased.  Page has plenty of talent...trust me.....they do now and always have.  SE has a strong program no doubt...but just not the allure of a Page opening.  I know many at SE and they are really worried about Tinsley leaving for Page.

Purebull, Why would I be biased? My comment is based on observation. We were not very good this year at EG and they were not that much better than we were. They had a lot of injuries to players who will be back next year. They also lost 4 starters through transferring. That is one reason they were not that good. But, the fact is they also lost a lot of seniors who were good players. Their JV team was not very good as well. Their MS feeder team did not have a very good season. Those factors determine what they will be in the future. I said all of this in my post so I have no idea where the bias comment came from. If they have a lot of move ins that will help but you can't count on that happening. They will not have the size at OL and DL that they have had in the past. Those are huge factors. I only comment on what I observe. I really do not care where my friend KT goes. He will do what is best for him and his family. The drive to Page would be a lot closer than it is to SE. If he takes the Page job I will root for him.

On 12/20/2019 at 9:18 AM, kms51 said:

Should give  coach bates a call

Mannnn I think that would be a huge hire for Page! Those kids would definitely buy into him and he’s always had some tough teams 

17 hours ago, Glenn said:

Purebull, Why would I be biased? My comment is based on observation. We were not very good this year at EG and they were not that much better than we were. They had a lot of injuries to players who will be back next year. They also lost 4 starters through transferring. That is one reason they were not that good. But, the fact is they also lost a lot of seniors who were good players. Their JV team was not very good as well. Their MS feeder team did not have a very good season. Those factors determine what they will be in the future. I said all of this in my post so I have no idea where the bias comment came from. If they have a lot of move ins that will help but you can't count on that happening. They will not have the size at OL and DL that they have had in the past. Those are huge factors. I only comment on what I observe. I really do not care where my friend KT goes. He will do what is best for him and his family. The drive to Page would be a lot closer than it is to SE. If he takes the Page job I will root for him.

Fair points.  To an extent, it is also fair to forecast success on feeder schools and JV.  That said, there were players playing on Friday last season that could/should have been playing on Thursday night.....JV team would have been a lot more successful.  Either way, Page continues to be a desirable job.  

2 hours ago, PureBull said:

there were players playing on Friday last season that could/should have been playing on Thursday night.....JV team would have been a lot more successful.  Either way, Page continues to be a desirable job.  

Very true. I made those comments even though a good friend of mine who I coached with for many years coached there. So, from talking to him weekly from the day they started practice last spring I lived what they were going trough with losing players to other schools (plus a few who quit as we all do) I saw how their downfall was steadily progressing. It actually pained me to see this happening to them. It will take someone who is willing to almost go through the rebuilding process to get them back where they need to be which may take 2-3 years. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

I’ve heard a bunch of different rumors about certain coaches turning down the job. Don’t know what’s true and what’s not , but does anyone with a solid source know what’s going on? Everyone I’ve spoken with said someone would be hired by Christmas Day.

Great hire for Page.  Coach Robertson has done a great job at Thomasville over the last two years.  He took a program that was down and put them back into conference contention.  Most importantly he is a great man that has the best interest of the kids in mind.

He will do well at Page. It may take a few years to get them back to prominence but he will get them there. He does a great job getting kids out. Plus he allows his coaches to coach. He will have a much shorter drive to Page than he did to T'Ville. Great hire and a great fit. Great coach to coach with. Very personable.

Sign in to follow this