Sign in to follow this  
Coach Floyd

Players from the West

Rate this topic

Gabe Manns -East Forsyth, NC Central, Cincinnati Bengals

Brandon Smith-East Forsyth, East Carolina, Jacksonville Jaguars

Kevin Mattison-East Forsyth, UNC-Asheville, Miami Marlins

Ryan Dull-East Forsyth, UNC-Asheville, Oakland A's, New York Yankees, Toronto Blue Jays

Danny O'Brien-East Forsyth, Maryland/Wisconsin/Catawba, Columbus Lions, Ottawa Redblacks and Edmonton Eskimos (CFL)

Greg Scales-East Forsyth, New Orleans Saints

1 hour ago, Owen Stampede said:

Dont feel bad I didnt even know he was from Avery till this year and Avery is in our conference 

Just like a lot of people dont even know that the real Hermon Boone ( Remember the Titans) is from Rocky Mount, NC. In addition, he taught my Pastor in school at E J Hayes in Williamston, NC.

2 hours ago, Owen Stampede said:

Dont feel bad I didnt even know he was from Avery till this year and Avery is in our conference 

His brother still helps coach at Avery. Good people. 

Go Mountaineers 

8 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Prob. the last greatest player to go thru east burke 

He also has a degree in Civil Engineering from Clemson.  He can probably start his own construction company when he retires from the NFL (or at least go get a very good job with one).

Albemarle's RJ Prince was mentioned.  He played at UNC.  Denico Autry signed an $18 million three year deal as a free agent with the Colts before last season.  Was AFC Defensive Player of the Week in win against Texans last season.  Started last half of the season his rookie year for Raiders and never looked back.  Denico played at Miss State after JUCO.  His brother is a senior at Miss State this year.

West Stanly BJ Hill was All ACC at NC State and is with the Giants after being picked in the third round last year.

• Like 1

I can't believe that probably the most successful of all of these has been left out-

Madison Bumgarner- Pitcher/South Caldwell/SF Giants- World Series MVP

He's also about to sign a contract with a team for well over $100 million.

15 hours ago, rville20 said:

Shuler played for the Redskins, Pickins played for the Browns 

Shuler also played for the Saints but Pickens played for the Bengals and the Titans.

Grant Williams- Basketball, High School: Providence Day, College: Tennessee, Plays for the Celtics now

Reggie Clark- Football, High School: Providence Day, College: UNC, Played for the Steelers and Jags

Chris Canty- Football, HS: Charlotte Latin, College: Virginia, Played Played for the Cowboys, Giants and Ravens, SB champ with Giants

Daniel Jones- Football, HS Charlotte Latin, College: Duke, Plays for the Giants

Ross Cockrell- Football, HS Charlotte Latin,  College: Duke, plays for the Panthers

Charlotte Christian: * Still Active

Class  Student-Athlete Sport College Professional Team
2015 *Jackson Kowar Baseball University of Florida Kansas City Royals
2015 *Reese Hampton Baseball UNC Charlotte Detroit Tigers
2013 *Jared Odenbeck Soccer Wake Forest Lindome GIF (Sweden)
2013 *Bailey Ober Baseball College of Charleston Minnesota Twins
2012 Will Stillman Baseball Wofford San Diego Padres
2011 *Matthias Farley Football Notre Dame Indianapolis Colts
2010 Ty Linton Baseball NC State Arizona Diamondbacks
2010 *Akil Mitchel Basketball Univ. of Virginia Boulazac Basket Dordogne (France)
2009 *Luke Bard Baseball Georgia Tech Minnesota Twins
2009 Willis Hall Basketball College of Charleston Int. - S.C. Lusitania, Poland
2008 *Seth Curry Basketball Duke University Portland Trailblazers
2007 *Clint Irwin Soccer Elon University Toronto FC
2006 *Stephen Curry Basketball Davidson College Golden State Warriors
2004 Reid Fronk Baseball UNC-Chapel Hill Tampa Bay Rays
2004 Jeremy Thompson Football Wake Forest Univ. Green Bay Packers
2003 Daniel Bard Baseball UNC-Chapel Hill Boston Red Sox
2003 Chris Carrara Baseball Winthrop Univ. New York Yankees
2002 Paul Bennett Baseball Elon University Atlanta Braves
2001 *Leah Metcalf Ladies' Basketball UNC-Chapel Hill North Adelaide Basketball Club (Australia)
2001 Orrin Thompson Football Duke University Green Bay Packers
1992 Todd Fuller Basketball NC State

Golden State Warriors

36 minutes ago, Brad Matthews said:

Grant Williams- Basketball, High School: Providence Day, College: Tennessee, Plays for the Celtics now

Reggie Clark- Football, High School: Providence Day, College: UNC, Played for the Steelers and Jags

Chris Canty- Football, HS: Charlotte Latin, College: Virginia, Played Played for the Cowboys, Giants and Ravens, SB champ with Giants

Daniel Jones- Football, HS Charlotte Latin, College: Duke, Plays for the Giants

Ross Cockrell- Football, HS Charlotte Latin,  College: Duke, plays for the Panthers

Charlotte Christian: * Still Active

Class  Student-Athlete Sport College Professional Team
2015 *Jackson Kowar Baseball University of Florida Kansas City Royals
2015 *Reese Hampton Baseball UNC Charlotte Detroit Tigers
2013 *Jared Odenbeck Soccer Wake Forest Lindome GIF (Sweden)
2013 *Bailey Ober Baseball College of Charleston Minnesota Twins
2012 Will Stillman Baseball Wofford San Diego Padres
2011 *Matthias Farley Football Notre Dame Indianapolis Colts
2010 Ty Linton Baseball NC State Arizona Diamondbacks
2010 *Akil Mitchel Basketball Univ. of Virginia Boulazac Basket Dordogne (France)
2009 *Luke Bard Baseball Georgia Tech Minnesota Twins
2009 Willis Hall Basketball College of Charleston Int. - S.C. Lusitania, Poland
2008 *Seth Curry Basketball Duke University Portland Trailblazers
2007 *Clint Irwin Soccer Elon University Toronto FC
2006 *Stephen Curry Basketball Davidson College Golden State Warriors
2004 Reid Fronk Baseball UNC-Chapel Hill Tampa Bay Rays
2004 Jeremy Thompson Football Wake Forest Univ. Green Bay Packers
2003 Daniel Bard Baseball UNC-Chapel Hill Boston Red Sox
2003 Chris Carrara Baseball Winthrop Univ. New York Yankees
2002 Paul Bennett Baseball Elon University Atlanta Braves
2001 *Leah Metcalf Ladies' Basketball UNC-Chapel Hill North Adelaide Basketball Club (Australia)
2001 Orrin Thompson Football Duke University Green Bay Packers
1992 Todd Fuller Basketball NC State

Golden State Warriors

Sweet!!

Darren Holmes went to TC Roberson in the '80's.  Played for seven different teams in the MLB.  Won the 1998 WS with the Yankees and is currently the bullpen coach for the Rockies.  He is a great guy to boot.  He helped coach the pitchers at ACR while my son was there.  Still lives in Asheville in the offseason.  

Greg Holland ( from McDowell ) and currently pitching in MLB also lives Asheville in the offseason.

• Like 1

Catholic had Elijah Hood who was drafted by Raiders. Played for them and Panthers briefly. Now in XFL. 

Catholic also had a player make the NFL in the 1980s, went to NCST. Cannot remember name will reply with it when I do. 

We also had a famous tennis player at UNC. Cannot remember name either. 

For what it’s worth current White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney is also a Catholic grad. As is Humpy Wheeler who is a big name in NASCAR. 

2 hours ago, wonderfan said:

Add to the list from A. L. Brown Lance Smith LSU

He was a first team All American at LSU.  When I was there a few years ago they had photos of every AA going down a hallway.  Lance was there.  Not as well known as many but his NFL career was 12 years.

Have Antwan Jamison, James Worthy, and Hakeem Nicks been named? Chris Leak was on the Bears practice squad for a while and Mohamed Massaquoi also had a short stint. Jaire Alexander (Rocky River), Kendall Lamm (Harding), DJ Humphries (Creek), Jamison Crowder (Monroe), Daniel Jones (Latin), and Keenan Allen (Northern Guilford) are some active names.

1 hour ago, EMEagle said:

Have Antwan Jamison, James Worthy, and Hakeem Nicks been named? Chris Leak was on the Bears practice squad for a while and Mohamed Massaquoi also had a short stint. Jaire Alexander (Rocky River), Kendall Lamm (Harding), DJ Humphries (Creek), Jamison Crowder (Monroe), Daniel Jones (Latin), and Keenan Allen (Northern Guilford) are some active names.

Kendall Lamm went to Butler, I believe he plays for the browns currently. Peter Kalambayi also went to butler with Lamm. Kalambayi currently plays for the Texans. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wonderfan said:

Unfortunately Humpy is no longer involved in NASCAR, and it shows, he was one of if not the best promoters I have ever seen!

Humpy’s daughter teaches at the middle school(Holy Trinity) has been there for quite awhile. Was unaware that he retired, think he played football for CC under Vince Campagna. 

23 minutes ago, Wiseman704 said:

Kendall Lamm went to Butler, I believe he plays for the browns currently. Peter Kalambayi also went to butler with Lamm. Kalambayi currently plays for the Texans. 

Thanks for the correction, I believe Harding does have a player or two in the league rn (I obviously don't have a name at the moment though).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EMEagle said:

Thanks for the correction, I believe Harding does have a player or two in the league rn (I obviously don't have a name at the moment though).

Yes they have Walt Aikens. Plays currently for the Dolphins at CB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Wiseman704 said:

Yes they have Walt Aikens. Plays currently for the Dolphins at CB.

He was a great basketballer, also.  Coached by his father.

Shawn Bryson from Franklin was starting FB and captain on UT's 98 national championship team (which was the first BCS title game), then went on to play about a decade in the NFL for the Bills and Lions.  Is now head coach at Rabun Gap, a private school just outside Franklin.

Rashad and Rashanda McCants are also from Asheville--Rashad went to Erwin and Rashanda went to Erwin and Asheville--and both played a few years in the NBA and WNBA.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this