Rate this topic

I think they should see if they can get Weddington.  They played Nations Ford this year and that may have been a one off.  That would be a great matchup.

28 minutes ago, raider1 said:

Maybe we would like another shot at Vance after the whipping they gave us......How bout it Vance

If both teams are good enough they will meet in the playoffs.

We want a home game , because we lost our Home Game with Anson...That would have been a huge gate for us....Really dont know why it was cancelled.....Think some people got involved that maybe should not have been involved...Just my opinion....We would really like Vance again.....or to really stir the pot, lets play  the scots week two...We have played them twice in the regular season before....    Great gate....U talking Northeastern ..Would love to see that....Merry Christmas to all....Getting ready for our annual Bowl Game Christmas DAY.....Lets not forget the real reason for the season....The birth of Jesus....

6 minutes ago, btango said:

What would be the benefit for Richmond to play Northeastern? 

I don’t get that one either. Out of all the teams they could play. Why Northeastern?

I think Dillon, Myrtle Beach, Hoggard, Monroe, Catholic, Vance, Hickory Ridge, Central Cabarrus are all team that I could see

1. Dillon - A great team in SC and are usually tough 
2. Myrtle Beach is another SC I'm sure would like a tough test on their schedule 
3. Hoggard - Usually a solid team and could be a challenge for Richmond 
4. Monroe has some speed and talent so could be a decent match up 
5. Catholic - Would be a big game and tough game for Richmond to see a different type of style and offense 
6. Vance: Obvious reasons 
7. Hickory Ridge - Would benefit HR to play a tough team before their brutal conference. 
8. Central: Would nice challenge Defense vs Offense but prob not the likely option 

Not interested. Take Vance off the list.. We want to play teams in non conference that we're unlikely to play in the playoffs. We would love to play Weddington... Echols vs Shipley headline. Two stars who are as humble as they come!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

I think Dillon, Myrtle Beach, Hoggard, Monroe, Catholic, Vance, Hickory Ridge, Central Cabarrus are all team that I could see

1. Dillon - A great team in SC and are usually tough 
2. Myrtle Beach is another SC I'm sure would like a tough test on their schedule 
3. Hoggard - Usually a solid team and could be a challenge for Richmond 
4. Monroe has some speed and talent so could be a decent match up 
5. Catholic - Would be a big game and tough game for Richmond to see a different type of style and offense 
6. Vance: Obvious reasons 
7. Hickory Ridge - Would benefit HR to play a tough team before their brutal conference. 
8. Central: Would nice challenge Defense vs Offense but prob not the likely option 

Who would get excited about HR and Central as opponents?  Richmond would roll both of them.  Not a good matchup on the field or a good draw at the gate.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RD28327 said:

Northeastern also has an opening for a week #2 ... Tough crowd in here ... 🙄

Heck, try East Columbus!  LOL  🤣

Northeastern is close to a four hour drive to Richmond.  Not really a good matchup for that type of travel.

2 hours ago, btango said:

Who would get excited about HR and Central as opponents?  Richmond would roll both of them.  Not a good matchup on the field or a good draw at the gate.  

Geographically I would see these team traveling! Maybe not the BEST gate games but both are solid team to face while I agree Richmond would win but I dont see blowouts if both stay as tough, Now not saying either is as good as Richmond but I think they are good options but thats why I gave a List of options, some maybe better than others but Those game I PERSONALLY think would be good.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Geographically I would see these team traveling! Maybe not the BEST gate games but both are solid team to face while I agree Richmond would win but I dont see blowouts if both stay as tough, Now not saying either is as good as Richmond but I think they are good options but thats why I gave a List of options, some maybe better than others but Those game I PERSONALLY think would be good.

They would be running clocks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Myers Park beat HR by 40 pts and couldnt beat Richmond.

If I was RC I would try and find the most physical contest I could find not in 4aa because in the end that is where they are going to struggle with who ever comes out of Meck County next year. Its almost impossible to prepare for the level of physicality that a Vance or Mallard Creek play at. 

Catholic or Weddington would be perfect. Maybe Dudley?

Hickory Ridge would be little more than a scrimmage. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Your list only has a couple of teams that make sense and that ya from a historical sense as you do not always know what a specific season will bring.

Dillon.  Yes. Very good team.  Perennial SC 2A now 3A State finalist.  Strong gate!               
MB.  Very good team.  Perennial SC 3A and now 4A State finalist.
Hoggard.  No. Average 4AA team.                            
Monroe. No. Little better than average 3A team.                                                    

Catholic.  Yes.  Quality. Draw.
Vance. Prefer to see them in the playoffs if they are good enough.                            

Hickory Ridge. No. Fairly good small 4A team. Zero gate draw!                        

Central Cabarrus.  No. Better than average 3AA team. Zero crowd draw!

1 hour ago, Panther2018 said:

could it be carolina forest

It could be anyone but with the open date that could be likely selection.  In 2019 they would have been a solid opponent.  Former NC 3AA State finalist coach.

One that gets left out but i think would be a great gate and possibly become a descent series would be Kannapolis. I understand from year to year it might not be the best of match ups on the field but as far as crowds and traditions go would be hard to beat. I also like the CC, Dillon, Weddington ideas. Dudley was also a tough one that would be good. West Forsyth or East Forsyth would be interesting. Wake Forest was a good one and would be again. MB got a dose at their place once and rescheduled the event the next year so I think they had enough. I completely agree with staying away from teams you are likely to see in the playoffs but the Butler series has been a good thing for Richmond.

I think Carolina Forest is comparable to Cardinal Gibbons minus the QB of course.

Crest and Shelby would always be welcomed in Raider Nation.

On 12/25/2019 at 10:10 PM, Wrigley said:

Myers Park beat HR by 40 pts and couldnt beat Richmond.

If I was RC I would try and find the most physical contest I could find not in 4aa because in the end that is where they are going to struggle with who ever comes out of Meck County next year. Its almost impossible to prepare for the level of physicality that a Vance or Mallard Creek play at. 

Catholic or Weddington would be perfect. Maybe Dudley?

Hickory Ridge would be little more than a scrimmage. 

I think Gaffney would be a good early season game but as I posted before I don't see RC scheduling those type of challenges like MC, Catholic, or Shelby does. Not that Gaffney would be a huge challenge being they're not in top form these recent years, but enough of a challenge for early season test. Plus they have a decent following.

Gaffney is a formidable opponent that draws very well in an awesome facility!  They play in a region with Byrnes and Dorman so no easy road.

7 hours ago, Chopper747 said:

I think Gaffney would be a good early season game but as I posted before I don't see RC scheduling those type of challenges like MC, Catholic, or Shelby does. Not that Gaffney would be a huge challenge being they're not in top form these recent years, but enough of a challenge for early season test. Plus they have a decent following.

The Gaffney team i saw last year would have been competitive with any school in NC. Lost 4 games...twice to 5a runner up Dorman, Mallard Creek and Byrnes. Came back and beat Byrnes at their place in playoffs( damn good Byrnes team).

Gaffney, RHSP, Dillon, Myrtle Beach, Byrnes, Dutch Fork, Dorman, Fort D all would be great SC matchups

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chopper747 said:

Gaffney vs Richmond this year would have been a toss up. They definitely would have been a dog fight. They beat a really physical Byrnes team this year. They finished #4 in SC

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, work7 said:

Gaffney vs Richmond this year would have been a toss up. They definitely would have been a dog fight. They beat a really physical Byrnes team this year. They finished #4 in SC

My exact thoughts.  The Gaffney D front caused fits.  Very athletic team with good size.  

• Like 1

I do remember a time when Gaffney was more dominant in the old Big 16 years(like Byrnes was recently and how Dutchfork is now), but in recent times they've been over shadowed by Dutch Fork, Byrnes, and inconsistently Dorman or Northwestern.

Spartanburg is another one but they're struggling this year.

On 12/26/2019 at 10:27 PM, Greengold4ever said:

The Reidsville team I saw at state championship 2 or three years ago could play with almost anybody. 

woops I thought this was Richmond va.lol. Yeah that reidsville team could have played with Richmond. Doubt reidsville could next year with hood returning.