Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Weddington 49, Watauga 14 (3AA West Final)

Rate this topic

I’m sure most will go with Weddington in this one. Any chance that Watauga can keep it close or pull this one out. If so what does Watauga need to do. Any thoughts.

• Like 1

For me the question will be Can Watauga stop Weddington, I believe Weddington can keep Watauga in check as they did to NWC, Catholic and others. Weddington is a tough place to win but Watauga is a solid team but I dont think they have enough to beat Weddington at Home 

Weddington by 14

• Like 1

What was the score last year when they played? Weddington is better, and the Pioneers Defense isn’t very good. Weddington by 28+

• Like 1

Just now, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

42-14 last year score .... I could see a similar outcome 

It will be at least that bad. 42-7 or something in that neighborhood. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

I’m sure most will go with Weddington in this one. Any chance that Watauga can keep it close or pull this one out. If so what does Watauga need to do. Any thoughts.

NO ,,Weddington by several tds

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

For me the question will be Can Watauga stop Weddington, I believe Weddington can keep Watauga in check as they did to NWC, Catholic and others. Weddington is a tough place to win but Watauga is a solid team but I dont think they have enough to beat Weddington at Home 

Weddington by 14

14? Lol maybe after 6 minutes of play. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watauga will need to get some help via turnovers to win this time.  I haven't seen Weddington play but I know they're loaded.  Will I fall out of my chair of Watauga wins ? No, but it would be a Wow !

14 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

Any chance that Watauga can keep it close or pull this one out. If so what does Watauga need to do. Any thoughts.

They need to hope a bad case of the green apple splatters hits Weddington about an hour before the game.  Other than that I don't see Watauga having much of a chance.  

• Haha 2

After looking at Weddington roster they still are young as a whole with Shipley with another year to go. Weddington for another State title in 2020. 

14 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

After looking at Weddington roster they still are young as a whole with Shipley with another year to go. Weddington for another State title in 2020. 

Not only are they young , but the youngsters have gotten at least a full quarter of play if not more all year long even in the playoffs. Shipley is a great talent but there are 2 other Rb’s that can go the distance anytime they touch it. I have never seen this much speed here. The d line is smallish but very strong and fast. Qb’s just don’t have time to throw.

• Like 2

Both these programs seem to be similar in many ways. But defensively they are worlds apart. Weddington will dominate the fine offense of Watauga setting up chances to score.

Sure would be nice to see Watauga get a state title. They are a classy program. I’ve only seen one home game of the Pioneers with it being a first week of November. Great place for a football game.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, onioncfb1 said:

Not only are they young , but the youngsters have gotten at least a full quarter of play if not more all year long even in the playoffs. Shipley is a great talent but there are 2 other Rb’s that can go the distance anytime they touch it. I have never seen this much speed here. The d line is smallish but very strong and fast. Qb’s just don’t have time to throw.

They lose one OL and 2 Wr. The offense will be dynamic again in 2020

• Like 2

1 hour ago, serstylz2 said:

And I am hearing some dynamic transfers may be in the pipeline

Did that player put up big numbers this year at another school?  Is he being recruited by big time colleges?  QB, RB, receiver?  Would be interesting to put another threat in the mix.

22 hours ago, btango said:

Did that player put up big numbers this year at another school?  Is he being recruited by big time colleges?  QB, RB, receiver?  Would be interesting to put another threat in the mix.

Redacted

• Thanks 1