Hokie4ever

Northwestern Foothills 2A

Rate this topic

I swear I read it in the HDR or LNT bc I thought our QB shared POY honors w a Draughn kid? Maybe that was soccer. 

ETA - something was released bc the Bunker Hill Coach was rightfully COY  

It is a bad to see how Fred t Foard went backwards so bad this year in Football looks like everything they had done the last three years were changed by the new staff!! I used to here a lot about them in the paper but this year nothing sad for the Seniors they should had at least 6 wins!!  I know people talked about this being a weak conference but the non conference is  Bandys,  Maiden,  West Lincoln for Foard. We at East Burke need to get our program back to where it once was hopefully a young coach with energy can change our culture soon!!

3 hours ago, EBborn1911 said:

It is a bad to see how Fred t Foard went backwards so bad this year in Football looks like everything they had done the last three years were changed by the new staff!! I used to here a lot about them in the paper but this year nothing sad for the Seniors they should had at least 6 wins!!  I know people talked about this being a weak conference but the non conference is  Bandys,  Maiden,  West Lincoln for Foard. We at East Burke need to get our program back to where it once was hopefully a young coach with energy can change our culture soon!!

It didnt just go backwards, Foard imploded. There was no communication,  no community involvement. It's that good ole boy mentality, the Administration and coaching staff should be held accountable.  Look at MaxPreps, the staff wouldnt even update the kids game stats, I'm sure they were embarrassed and ashamed, but those stats are important to the kids, especially  to the ones with aspirations of college. The seniors ARE the ones that truly got screwed and there was 18 of them. To go from the playoffs for the 2 seasons to 2 wins, is a disgrace. They could have very easily won 5-6 games. On the other hand, if Minor does go to EB , they are getting a great young coach and even better man!! 

48 minutes ago, Hokie4ever said:

It didnt just go backwards, Foard imploded. There was no communication,  no community involvement. It's that good ole boy mentality, the Administration and coaching staff should be held accountable.  Look at MaxPreps, the staff wouldnt even update the kids game stats, I'm sure they were embarrassed and ashamed, but those stats are important to the kids, especially  to the ones with aspirations of college. The seniors ARE the ones that truly got screwed and there was 18 of them. To go from the playoffs for the 2 seasons to 2 wins, is a disgrace. They could have very easily won 5-6 games. On the other hand, if Minor does go to EB , they are getting a great young coach and even better man!! 

by happenstance I ran into a couple of guys that are currently involved in the Foard program, both of them had a similar take on the previous coach and his "philosophy" in the locker room vs. on the field. I honestly hesitate to go into detail b/c I don't know coach Minor and don't want to slander anyone. They were both adamant that there is talent that walks the halls of FTF but they are only "encouraged" to participate in a particular non-revenue sport.

3 hours ago, SaintFan said:

by happenstance I ran into a couple of guys that are currently involved in the Foard program, both of them had a similar take on the previous coach and his "philosophy" in the locker room vs. on the field. I honestly hesitate to go into detail b/c I don't know coach Minor and don't want to slander anyone. They were both adamant that there is talent that walks the halls of FTF but they are only "encouraged" to participate in a particular non-revenue sport.

Coach Minor did expect commitment from the kids and his assistant coaches. There was discipline in the locker room and on the field. His "philosophy" produced back to back playoff appearances. For the most part the kids and parents supported him. He did have a positive impact on these young men. I expect the current coaches to support the current head coach, but the proof is black and white... a 2 win season! Politics and the good ole boy system is always going to be present, but when it effects young men, that's wrong... 

16 hours ago, Hokie4ever said:

Coach Minor did expect commitment from the kids and his assistant coaches. There was discipline in the locker room and on the field. His "philosophy" produced back to back playoff appearances. For the most part the kids and parents supported him. He did have a positive impact on these young men. I expect the current coaches to support the current head coach, but the proof is black and white... a 2 win season! Politics and the good ole boy system is always going to be present, but when it effects young men, that's wrong... 

What I heard from past players Coach minor ran a tight ship and held his players  to a high standard and wanted them to succeed after high school! Some kids don't like to be held accountable but that is the program he ran for sure!!

Was at the bball game last night at FTF- FTF has some athletes and size on the Bball court, would be interesting to know if those kids also played FB.

4 hours ago, GridIronFan said:

What I heard from past players Coach minor ran a tight ship and held his players  to a high standard and wanted them to succeed after high school! Some kids don't like to be held accountable but that is the program he ran for sure!!

Exactly... he held them accountable. Kids don't need to be handed everything in life.. they have to earn it!! He put them into the position to succeed. They weren't handed a position... the kids do appreciate that and learn from it. 

2 hours ago, SaintFan said:

Was at the bball game last night at FTF- FTF has some athletes and size on the Bball court, would be interesting to know if those kids also played FB.

A couple of them did...

• Thanks 1