Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Charlotte Catholic 56, Kings Mountain 49 (7 OT's)

Rate this topic

Will they have anything left for Southern Nash next Saturday.  Wow!  Talking about physically draining but mentally exhilirating.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, btango said:

Will they have anything left for Southern Nash next Saturday.  Wow!  Talking about physically draining but mentally exhilirating.

I said the same thing about Cooley for Southern Nash after watching him get 50 carries tonight. Ok... maybe only 48. Depends which stat guy you asked.

I thought I was at a good game but sounds like this one was even better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CHEERDUCK said:

A tale of two games. Regulation, no offense, overtime there was no defense.

Regulation was more bend don't break defense. Both teams where moving the ball at times and then stops at the right time called for punts. Defense was there for both teams in OT as both had each other at 4th down a few OT but 10 yards isn't much when you are in an equal battle.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, btango said:

In OT third n 18 pass play by Catholic.  Interference call against KM.  Anyone have a good luck?

There is a video on Chris’ Twitter. It was an absolutely horrendous call.

19 minutes ago, coachE42 said:

There is a video on Chris’ Twitter. It was an absolutely horrendous call.

Silly to criticize Refs on PI calls. The NFL cant figure out what the call should be, how are HS refs gonna do it? 

Just now, Wrigley said:

Silly to criticize Refs on PI calls. The NFL cant figure out what the call should be, how are HS refs gonna do it? 

I criticize them too haha. That’s a terrible call at any level from pop warner all the way to the NFL.

15 minutes ago, coachE42 said:

I criticize them too haha. That’s a terrible call at any level from pop warner all the way to the NFL.

When someone can articulate what pass interference is to me and show me what it is not then I will judge the calls but in just about every football game I have watched in the last 5 years there have been both calls and non-calls that make me scratch my head. Even with slow down replay that cant define it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

When someone can articulate what pass interference is to me and show me what it is not then I will judge the calls but in just about every football game I have watched in the last 5 years there have been both calls and non-calls that make me scratch my head. Even with slow down replay that cant define it.

That’s fine, I’m not saying you are wrong. I am simply stating this was an absolutely horrible call at the worst possible time IMO.

Wow. Easily the best game I’ve ever coached in/watched at any level. Hats of to KM. They have an excellent program filled with class men and players. They’ll be back. What a game. Not done yet though

2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Only a Catholic fan could say that after seeing the play.  Hey I'm a homer as well. Just not a Catholic homer. I'm a Baptist homer.

29 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Only a Catholic fan could say that after seeing the play.  Hey I'm a homer as well. Just not a Catholic homer. I'm a Baptist homer.

Not a Catholic fan

30 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

He is a Mallard Creek fan....I think at least. 

Regardless of the calls like the fumbles that have been missed in many games like MP/Richmond game and even here at Catholic/Kings mtn game, It doesn't take away the fact that This game went to 7 OTs and It was prob the BEST game ever even if the Refs were Subpar. 

7 OTs ties a record and I'm sure it was a Awesome game to watch and play in  so Congrats to Catholic on a Hard Fought Battle !