Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Charlotte Catholic 56, Kings Mountain 49 (7 OT's)

Rate this topic

Rematch from last year. Kings Mountain is on a mission and Catholic is playing solid and will be tough to go against. Any thoughts on this game. I think this game will be a good one to see. 

• Like 1

Kings Mtn better not get conservative in the game plan. Another game on the schedule where you have to put your foot down on the gas from start to finish. A low scoring game favors Catholic. The chance you beat them on the ground is not good unless you get a season best performance out of the defense.

Charlotte Catholic has had kids in the system who have either played or seen big games. They know how to win these type of games. Solid fundamentals, take care of the ball, and exploit missed assignments.

This game will be determined on the sidelines. It’s a matter of who sticks to what got them here. Kings Mtn passing vs Charlotte’s ground game. 

• Like 2

Kings Mountain will be the best team we have played since Weddington, excited is an understatement. Nothing better than December football. 

• Like 2

My heart wants to pick KM so they can go on and win the state championship....but my gut is like nooo nope not gonna happen... It's gonna be a good one.

• Like 1

If I could get Seadog to bring the party bus I would come down to Kifer. Not that I would partake in any spirits or antics. 

8 hours ago, Cagle89 said:

My heart wants to pick KM so they can go on and win the state championship....but my gut is like nooo nope not gonna happen... It's gonna be a good one.

You’re thinking like everyone else except those in Cleveland County. When you get this far you have to let it all hang out and Loyd is known for getting conservative in big games. Go Big or Go Home.

#HardInthePaint. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, GDG said:

Kings Mtn better not get conservative in the game plan. Another game on the schedule where you have to put your foot down on the gas from start to finish. A low scoring game favors Catholic. The chance you beat them on the ground is not good unless you get a season best performance out of the defense.

Charlotte Catholic has had kids in the system who have either played or seen big games. They know how to win these type of games. Solid fundamentals, take care of the ball, and exploit missed assignments.

This game will be determined on the sidelines. It’s a matter of who sticks to what got them here. Kings Mtn passing vs Charlotte’s ground game. 

I wouldn't necessarily say that KM's passing game is what got them here, are they dynamic in the passing game? Absolutely, but they also take what you give them.  Their run game is not something to take lightly.  They have two very good backs.

I've watched both and both have impressed me.  Catholics Defense vs. KM's Offense will definitely be interesting to watch.  Not taking anything away from Catholics Offense or KM's Defense.  Catholic's defense is impressive because they swarm, all 11 to the ball, KM is impressive because they have 7 playmakers on offense that can score from anywhere on the field.

• Like 3

When it comes down to these late November early December games it has less to do with talent as most the teams are pretty stacked. Has far more to do with who makes less mistakes be that turnovers or stupid penalties. This is how Catholic always finds themselves in these games. They just done end up beating themselves.

• Like 3

I'm planning on being there, I'm hoping for a great game.  Hard to bet against Catholic, but KM is very talented so it should be a dandy. 

• Like 4