Rate this topic

On 12/1/2019 at 10:10 PM, Wrigley said:

I started the thread and for the record I am not a MP supporter nor do I have any issue with RC. As usual instead of intelligent conversation you have to get silly little amped up fans making it about some cultural or socio-economic debate. Save that crap for NC Preps where grown men go back and forth beating their chests about a game 17 year olds play.

I absolutely love the entire RC experience.  Lights, fireworks, smoke, blaring music.....it brings an energy that is just unreal. The entrance is the best I have seen in 35 years of watching the game in a dozen states.

None of my comments have anything to do with the final score. That said there was zero question that the lights were an issue after RC scored and MP was trying to direct their kids on defense for the 2 pt conversion. You could see panic on the sideline and players struggling to see their coaches. That is an unfair advantage and not a condition both teams have to play in. Score the TD, flash the lights and blow up fireworks but then return to normal.  It changes the atmosphere not one bit.

On a side note.....I chuckle when RC fans make the rich Myers Park, CMS comments and the poor little chicken farmer snips. Trust me when I say this. There isnt a single CMS school that pours a quarter of the money into their football program than RC. I would be willing to bet the operating budget for the RC football team including coaching salaries is more than the entire IMeck conf. Lights, Fireworks, Sound systems cost $$. So PLEASE leave the poor ole Richmond stuff for someone that buys what you are selling. Google Harding football stadium if you dont believe me.

For once we agree.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mrhonda said:

For once we agree.  

I agree as well.  We took in the game last week and I was pretty amazed.  I was fortunate enough to go to a Katy Football game in TX this year and it was a great experience.  Great parking, multi-million dollar stadium (largest in the country I believe), out of this world half-time shows from both schools...........it didn't compare to the show that Richmond County puts on.  It may be the best high school football game experience in the country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Idontknownunting said:

I agree as well.  We took in the game last week and I was pretty amazed.  I was fortunate enough to go to a Katy Football game in TX this year and it was a great experience.  Great parking, multi-million dollar stadium (largest in the country I believe), out of this world half-time shows from both schools...........it didn't compare to the show that Richmond County puts on.  It may be the best high school football game experience in the country.

I have been to Katy, Allen, and Southlake Carroll.  Allen's is by far the nicest and is the largest.  

One key to lights and fireworks is it works better later in the season when it gets darker earlier and the weather "feels" like football.

The best atmosphere I have been at for a game would be Richmond last Friday night along with a couple of others.  I would probably lean toward Byrnes but due to construction they can no longer do the same routine and it is not quite the same "feel" as it was ten years ago or so as the area continues to grow and they are not as dominant.  Byrnes did the Clemson entrance taking the players around to the other end of the stadium led by police and fire trucks and had the fireworks, also.  One great thing was every youth football team lines up in the same color of jerseys and did a tunnel with the cheerleaders.  A lot of flags and cannons.  Byrnes really had it going for a few years.  The "old" Reservation at Gaffney when they did the national tv game against Byrnes on a Thursday night was crazy.

Allen (Texas) has well over 5,000 students and a 20,000 seat stadium.  Incredible to see a 500 member band with over 100 girls on a dance line dressed in cowboy hats and vests.  The band went from end zone to end zone.  They also did fireworks and the tailgate in the parking lot was Texas crazy.

One of the most basic stadiums and experiences, De La Salle in Concord (California) but the football was impressive!!!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, btango said:

I have been to Katy, Allen, and Southlake Carroll.  Allen's is by far the nicest and is the largest.  

One key to lights and fireworks is it works better later in the season when it gets darker earlier and the weather "feels" like football.

The best atmosphere I have been at for a game would be Richmond last Friday night along with a couple of others.  I would probably lean toward Byrnes but due to construction they can no longer do the same routine and it is not quite the same "feel" as it was ten years ago or so as the area continues to grow and they are not as dominant.  Byrnes did the Clemson entrance taking the players around to the other end of the stadium led by police and fire trucks and had the fireworks, also.  One great thing was every youth football team lines up in the same color of jerseys and did a tunnel with the cheerleaders.  A lot of flags and cannons.  Byrnes really had it going for a few years.  The "old" Reservation at Gaffney when they did the national tv game against Byrnes on a Thursday night was crazy.

Allen (Texas) has well over 5,000 students and a 20,000 seat stadium.  Incredible to see a 500 member band with over 100 girls on a dance line dressed in cowboy hats and vests.  The band went from end zone to end zone.  They also did fireworks and the tailgate in the parking lot was Texas crazy.

One of the most basic stadiums and experiences, De La Salle in Concord (California) but the football was impressive!!!

Wake Forest has a pretty cool entrance at Trentini where the kids enter coming down through the home stands. If I was a coach it would concern me with kids in cleats walking down a pretty steep set of stairs that close to fans. Just seems like it would be a potential for a slip and fall.