Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Blue&Gray

Vance 38, Richmond 7 (4AA West Final)

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, raider1 said:

Can someone in the know answer this question..How many ,if any, Transfers or Rentals does Vance have .......Like I said all of our boys came through the middle school.....

What time do the gates open?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, raider1 said:

Can someone in the know answer this question..How many ,if any, Transfers or Rentals does Vance have .......Like I said all of our boys came through the middle school.....

Any Answers......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, raider1 said:

Any Answers......

No idea.  Most of the main guys have been there since freshman year.  QB is new.
 

It is hard to compare urban areas to more rural.  The size of the district is much smaller, surrounded by other high schools with middle schools that feed multiple high schools.  A short move can cause a high school change.  If you are not happy you can easily move homes if needed.

I feel there is some advantage to having players come through a system since youth ball.  The biggest difference for Charlotte Catholic, in my opinion, has been the youth and middle school programs falling in line.  Almost every player came through that program.

Bobby Bentley (former Byrnes HC, now USC assistant) said during their elite run that having the consistency through the youth program and two middle school teams had been a turning point.  Every youth team was the Rebels and the slogan was “every kid lives to be a Rebel.”  One time that “Rebel” was embraced by all and used positively.  He felt when they got on campus it was just a continuation of the program and success.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, raider1 said:

Any Answers......

The answer is obviously the Richmond kids came through middle schools. Where else would they go? People move into and around Meck county all the time. People actually want to live there and the population is booming. District lines get redrawn all the time and yes kids transfer from one school to the next because of opportunity all the time.

In the end the kids have to live in the district the same as in RC...........zero difference.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raider1 said:

Can someone in the know answer this question..How many ,if any, Transfers or Rentals does Vance have .......Like I said all of our boys came through the middle school.....

This is considered a "Hush Hush" subject

Finding true identity to your question is like finding the Loch Ness Monster in the country of Scotland, or Big Foot in McDowell County, NC, or an Alien in Area 51. The answer to your question is totally Classified at a different level of the civilian sector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

This is considered a "Hush Hush" subject

Finding true identity to your question is like finding the Loch Ness Monster in the country of Scotland, or Big Foot in McDowell County, NC, or an Alien in Area 51. The answer to your question is totally Classified at a different level of the civilian sector.

Is Drake coming to the game 2night??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, raider1 said:

Can someone in the know answer this question..How many ,if any, Transfers or Rentals does Vance have .......Like I said all of our boys came through the middle school.....

Here we go, and we go on and win that's the 1st thing will b cried. We live in a city, we have options, mobility, if I live in one side of the city I have the opportunity to move to the opposite side. People move get over it smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, raider1 said:

Can someone in the know answer this question..How many ,if any, Transfers or Rentals does Vance have .......Like I said all of our boys came through the middle school.....

I know for a fact, Vance had one to transfer out this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great game!  Echols is beastly!  Vance DBs have did a good job and with the pressure Hood is struggling to get the ball downfield without running it which he has did well a few times especially the first two plays of the game.

Vance can we take the short dump off to the RB.  Was alone until last O play of the half.

Props to the Vance kicker.  Underestimated him.

Richmond D has been awesome!  Heavy pressure off the edge and DBs had strong cover on a couple of big receptions.

Vance cut the penalties!  Have had zero unsportsmanlikes!!!

Who is winning the adjustment game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

38-7 vance win. Cong6to Richmond on a great season. No smack talk from my end yall are definitely a team to reckon  with next yr!


Your a class act 704!  Congrats to Vance!  The better team won.  Like I said on the other site, now we expect you guys to go get that title!  
 

Fun season and enjoyed this bracket.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I told the Richmond guys this team reminds me of our 2016 Ifedi team where he was an absolute monster for us. Our defense was good but was suspect and had holes. U could see from the Hough on to the MP game that they were going 2 b a problem helping Hood. Great offenses are going to b good but theres times when the offense isnt clicking that u need ur defense to help u win a game or 2. Jus a mirror image of our team when they couldnt and we got smacked by Page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Like I told the Richmond guys this team reminds me of our 2016 Ifedi team where he was an absolute monster for us. Our defense was good but was suspect and had holes. U could see from the Hough on to the MP game that they were going 2 b a problem helping Hood. Great offenses are going to b good but theres times when the offense isnt clicking that u need ur defense to help u win a game or 2. Jus a mirror image of our team when they couldnt and we got smacked by Page.

There have been quite a few years where we had an explosive offense, but our D couldn’t get stops.  That’s exciting to watch and you go home early in the playoffs. It was never a winning formula.  Offense’s can have bad nights, but a great D will offset that.  Wake Forest didn’t have super explosive offenses in my opinion, but won 3 in a row with a great D.  Vance showed that tonight and last year.

I will say Coach Till has improved the D each year and this year we had a good D.  It wasn’t best in class, but improvement each year he has been at RC.  I’m sure will continue to work on it and proof he gets it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raider7967 said:

There have been quite a few years where we had an explosive offense, but our D couldn’t get stops.  That’s exciting to watch and you go home early in the playoffs. It was never a winning formula.  Offense’s can have bad nights, but a great D will offset that.  Wake Forest didn’t have super explosive offenses in my opinion, but won 3 in a row with a great D.  Vance showed that tonight and last year.

I will say Coach Till has improved the D each year and this year we had a good D.  It wasn’t best in class, but improvement each year he has been at RC.  I’m sure will continue to work on it and proof he gets it.  

Dude he is building a juggernaut out there in those sticks by great coaching and A WEIGHT ROOM mindset. I'm going to say Richmond will go undefeated next yr also. Till is building Richmond back out there in those sticks!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will have to admit . It was hard for me to buy into the Vance Program. After watching Vance against Mooresville and also seeing them struggle with Lake Norman and losing to Hough. I picked Butler against them and I picked Vance against West Forsyth in a close on and Richmond against Vance. After seeing the results of tonight’s game against Richmond I will say Vance earns my respect for this team. I think Vance has good chance to win it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

I will have to admit . It was hard for me to buy into the Vance Program. After watching Vance against Mooresville and also seeing them struggle with Lake Norman and losing to Hough. I picked Butler against them and I picked Vance against West Forsyth in a close on and Richmond against Vance. After seeing the results of tonight’s game against Richmond I will say Vance earns my respect for this team. I think Vance has good chance to win it all. 

It's hard to figure out thru most of that 1st MC game we dominated them so idk what happened to them after they lost that game. It took Hough to smack them around and bring life into them. After that MC win in the playoffs I knew that it didnt matter who we played we were our biggest opponent, we are the only one that can stop ourselves.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 704cougarsdad said:

No disrespect but were on a mission my man!!! On to the Hill!!

704, tell Power and the rest of the boys to ball out. Hopefully Power gets comfortable in Chapel Hill and decides to call it home for 4 more years!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was telling my boys at the game last night that I was at peace with the loss. If Richmond was to lose to any team, I wanted it to be Vance. I respect their tenacity and mentality. 
 

Tell you what, if any school is looking for a HC, I’d be reaching out to Hackett by any means necessary.  I could see and feel is presence from the Raider stands. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Schmo said:

I've noticed a decided decrease in Richmond smack talk

They are a proud fanbase and u have to admit going undefeated and winning the way they have I would of been optimistic in going all the way too. Vance defense is borderline historical. Up until that Hough game from what I was told we gave up less that 80pts all yr then all 21 pts total in 4 games vs teams that have been averaging 40-50pts plus. It's hard to win with a team like that. Ur going to have match defense with defense i.e Mallard Creek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vance must have really step it up later in the season and going into the Play-Offs. They barely beat Mooresville and Lake Norman in the middle of the regular season. In the Play-Offs they knocked off top seeded Mallard Creek,  West Forsyth i was there to watch that game and Richmond.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mr.Blue&Gray said:

Vance must have really step it up later in the season and going into the Play-Offs. They barely beat Mooresville and Lake Norman in the middle of the regular season. In the Play-Offs they knocked off top seeded Mallard Creek,  West Forsyth i was there to watch that game and Richmond.. 

Everything started clicking for the QB.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vance this year reminds me a lot of the Raider team from 2008, except Richmond's D was nowhere near Vance's.  Once the offense clicked for Richmond, it was over for anyone across from them.  Vance will be your 4AA state champion this Saturday, and should be the overwhelming favorite to repeat in 2020.  Looking at that roster during the game, they have a ton coming back, and the wide-out that had a big last Friday is a freshman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RaiderDebater said:

Vance this year reminds me a lot of the Raider team from 2008, except Richmond's D was nowhere near Vance's.  Once the offense clicked for Richmond, it was over for anyone across from them.  Vance will be your 4AA state champion this Saturday, and should be the overwhelming favorite to repeat in 2020.  Looking at that roster during the game, they have a ton coming back, and the wide-out that had a big last Friday is a freshman.

Vance had a much better regular season and a much more dominant playoff run which I expect to continue.  Richmond was in some tight games.  Richmond was as much about getting the "new" offense to gel as getting over injuries.  Vance was the offense mainly the QB getting his confidence and understanding what he could do.

Great 2008 regional final.  Indy drove the ball to the one and was stopped the first series.  They stopped Richmond but fumbled the punt on the twenty yard line.  Richmond then scored.  Indy could not cover the big receiver which caused Britt issues the next week.

Indy lost six D starters from day one of practice until that game.  Big let down after the Butler rematch blowout the prior week.  They were big time confident going into that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×