Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Blue&Gray

Southern Nash 32, Eastern Alamance 29 (3A East Final)

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

This should be Southern Nash vs Havelock easy!!! I feel so bad for those young men who out played Eastern all night but couldn't capitalize opportunities into points.  Havelock should of been up 14-0 at half and that defense would have thrived in the 2nd as Eastern couldn't do anything against them. 2 of eastern TDs came from inside the 20 yd line of Havelock. 2 plays....2 plays the difference between a loss last night and a trip to the 4th round. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A missed opportunity.  A mistake.  A turnover.  A penalty.  Those are the differences between wins and losses this late in the season.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't think it matters who plays Southern Nash this year - the Firebirds will dominate.  That running back Quinton Cooley is about as unstoppable a force at RB as there could be.  EA could not completely stop Havelock's Edmonds, Cooley is literally Edmonds on steroids (not suggesting he uses them btw).  The only real question is how many points SN will score.  I do think EA is a good team and will put points up against SN, but SN is just a buzz saw of a team on offense.  When not giving the ball to Cooley, they have a smart QB and coach who know how to take advantage of teams that key on Quinton.  I know that EA edged SN last year in a high scoring game, but this year I think SN has the advantage. Cooley has added more muscle to his compact frame and not lost any speed - he just looks very tough to handle at the high school level. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should be Southern Nash vs Havelock easy!!! I feel so bad for those young men who out played Eastern all night but couldn't capitalize opportunities into points.  Havelock should of been up 14-0 at half and that defense would have thrived in the 2nd as Eastern couldn't do anything against them. 2 of eastern TDs came from inside the 20 yd line of Havelock. 2 plays....2 plays the difference between a loss last night and a trip to the 4th round. 

Should have, would have, could have. Didn't! BTW strange username for a FB fan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't think it matters who plays Southern Nash this year - the Firebirds will dominate. 

That is why the play the game. Easy? Nothing in life is certain. That is why high ranked teams lose, especially when their fans tell us that there is no way they will lose.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

A missed opportunity.  A mistake.  A turnover.  A penalty.  Those are the differences between wins and losses this late in the season.

This is normally the difference in all games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Glenn said:

 

A missed opportunity.  A mistake.  A turnover.  A penalty.  Those are the differences between wins and losses this late in the season.

This is normally the difference in all games.

I was replying to a previous post questioning these types of things as the reason for the loss.

Teams are usually much more evenly matched by this time of the season so even the most minor negatives can result in bigger consequences.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I for one can tell you that these Southern Nash Firebirds are hungry and having the opportunity to get revenge on Eastern Alamance is one they relish. After losing a 21 point lead with 6 minutes to go in the game last year has taught them a valuable lesson. EA QB Austin Bryant is a special player no doubt. EA is undefeated for a reason, but so is Southern Nash. This SN squad is the most close-knit group I've seen and literally will go to war for one another. One of the things that makes them so dangerous is as good as Quinton Cooley is, if you try to key on him then Matt Foster, Jackson Vick, Jason Bland, Daylon Whitley, Zack Jones, Isaiah Walker-Warren, etc. etc. etc. will hurt you. But the defense has been playing so well and that fuels the offense. That o-line will just bludgeon you into submission for four quarters. Two electrifying offenses will be on display in Stanhope. It's going to come down to which defense can make the most stops and which team wants it more. This season, my money is on SN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 9:27 PM, BigKev71 said:

Well, I for one can tell you that these Southern Nash Firebirds are hungry and having the opportunity to get revenge on Eastern Alamance is one they relish. After losing a 21 point lead with 6 minutes to go in the game last year has taught them a valuable lesson. EA QB Austin Bryant is a special player no doubt. EA is undefeated for a reason, but so is Southern Nash. This SN squad is the most close-knit group I've seen and literally will go to war for one another. One of the things that makes them so dangerous is as good as Quinton Cooley is, if you try to key on him then Matt Foster, Jackson Vick, Jason Bland, Daylon Whitley, Zack Jones, Isaiah Walker-Warren, etc. etc. etc. will hurt you. But the defense has been playing so well and that fuels the offense. That o-line will just bludgeon you into submission for four quarters. Two electrifying offenses will be on display in Stanhope. It's going to come down to which defense can make the most stops and which team wants it more. This season, my money is on SN.

Just be honest you don't know anything about EA football. You're so biased its pitiful. You copied and pasted this from the maxpreps forum....smdh Go Eagles!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PrimeTime12 said:

Just be honest you don't know anything about EA football. You're so biased its pitiful. You copied and pasted this from the maxpreps forum....smdh Go Eagles!!

I did, I said the same thing in another forum, so? I haven't claimed to be an expert on Eastern Alamance but I do know Southern Nash. It will be a great game Friday night hope you can make it to the game. Enjoy your day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigKev71 said:

I did, I said the same thing in another forum, so? I haven't claimed to be an expert on Eastern Alamance but I do know Southern Nash. It will be a great game Friday night hope you can make it to the game. Enjoy your day.

Ill be there homie...big facts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coach_Putt said:

What's the strengths of Southern Nash without going too hard into fandom?

What about the weaknesses?

Strengths: Run game on both O and D. Particularly on O with Cooley toting the rock.

Weaknesses: Passing game on both sides. They don’t throw much nor see many developed passing attacks.

That’s short & to the point I hope. It may tick somebody off but it’s an honest answer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would totally agree with that in the past however that's not the case this season and I can definitely tell you've never seen a a southern nash game this season for sure but if you need references I'm sure theres 14 teams you can ask from this season and getting ready to be 15

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man listen.. southern Nash runs that double wing well. I need to see someone to at least play them close in order to go against them. Southern Nash by 21..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 6:26 PM, Coach Floyd said:

Man listen.. southern Nash runs that double wing well. I need to see someone to at least play them close in order to go against them. Southern Nash by 21..

21...lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 4:07 PM, Glenn said:

This should be Southern Nash vs Havelock easy!!! I feel so bad for those young men who out played Eastern all night but couldn't capitalize opportunities into points.  Havelock should of been up 14-0 at half and that defense would have thrived in the 2nd as Eastern couldn't do anything against them. 2 of eastern TDs came from inside the 20 yd line of Havelock. 2 plays....2 plays the difference between a loss last night and a trip to the 4th round. 

Should have, would have, could have. Didn't! BTW strange username for a FB fan.

Dont worry about my user name and keep it professional 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont worry about my user name and keep it professional 

Why would I worry? I find it strange because this is a FB blog. Soccer people normally are not soccer fans. Professionally speaking.😎. BTW good luck Fri. Hopefully EA will luck out again and win. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. Coach Kirby is a great guy. I do not know Coach Foster but I am sure he is as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

You won't find two nicer gentleman than Southern's Brian Foster or Eastern's John Kirby, both are first class. 

Two great coaches coaching two great teams. Can't wait until tomorrow night in Stanhope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Glenn said:

Can't wait until tomorrow night in Stanhope

I thought SN wa in Bailey.

The address is Bailey but the school is just south of an unincorporated community called Stanhope which is north of Bailey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32-29 Southern Nash Final.

Good ball game. Southern Nash was a little cleaner in execution & dominated time of possession. Cooley had 50 carries... maybe only 48 but at least one reporter keeping stats had him at 50. 1st drive of game was I think 18 plays, 80 yards, 10 min 41 seconds.

With the 3A final being Southern Nash & Catholic... the game will be over in about an hour & 10 minutes. Old fashioned slug fest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×