Sign in to follow this  
Redbirdfan30

1AA Showdowns Next Week

Rate this topic

East Surry 34 Mitchell 21

Yeah, I know I'm the only Mitchell fan picking ES. But no one has shut them down yet. Still concerned about Pitman's ankle. How is Sparks where he went out Friday night.

Tarboro 28 Holmes 16

Honestly don’t know enough to make a prediction but until Holmes gets by Tarboro, gotta pick the champs.

Go Mountaineers 

Speaks just a minor sprain ,Cards have been lucky all year no injuries ! They are deep enough defensively if they lost one or two ,they should be fine .I honestly haven't seen Mitchell play ,I know they have a big line too ,but I've not seen a lot of talk about that Mountain Island team ,but they were very athletic and big ,they were way better than most thought ,if Mitchell doesn't have a couple speedsters ,they may be in trouble ,East oline is very big too ,I think right now East Surry defense is as strong as it ever has been ,they had their hands full with Burris .Raptors were two yards from the goal line and east stopped them dead in their tracks ,thanks to the ole Zebra calling Ruffing the passer gave them a couple more shots in which they scored .Its gonna be a oline war ,but east secondary is smothering right now .

I think it'll be a slow first quarter ,unless Gosnell bust lose a time or two ,this sounds stupid for some to hear ,but I thought mountain island was damn near if not as strong as Reidsville ! Those kids were some horses ,but were no way slow ,a big senior team ,I thought Jonathan Smith at MA was the best back I'd seen carry the ball this year until Burris ,but it'll be a good game ,just think East is very talented all over the field and they are deep !

I think if East gets by Mitchell ,we will see the same problem from Tarboro ,they are damn deep ,dressing 60 players ,Cards will play both ways on them ,it's just hard to find the gas !

A healthy Mitchell wins this game. I thought Mitchell would lose to Swain all week last week with the injury, but to my surprise they not only won but dominated. I expect this will be a close game either way. Hopefully East will get taken out behind the woodshed😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think East will win but it may be closer than some expect. Mitchell needs to play a bit more ball control instead of airing it out keeping the Explosive East Surry offense off the field. Mtn Island did a pretty good job of that and kept it close. Then again they have one of the best rbs in the state. 

I've heard some Mitchell fans saying that their line is too big and physical for East Surry ,I guess it must be the distance between schools in which neither have seen each other ,because East Surry lines are very big and quick ,several coaches have said they may be the best oline tackle to tackle in the state .They are not underestimating anyone this time of year ,but I think Mitchell will be in for a surprise if that's the thinking .Ill eat my words along with many others ,but I say Mitchell comes up short again this year .East was blitzed the whole game against Mics and those kids were very big and athletic , East is way too much at too many positions to cover the whole game .

18 minutes ago, bigjohnstud said:

Didn't reidsville put 50 on them. You may win friday, but it all ends at duke .

I think it will be a better game than many people think.

13 minutes ago, bigjohnstud said:

East has no defense 

Not necessarily Reidsville is very explosive. We will see how their d deals with Mitchell and Tarrboro if they get that far. 

Obviously this big John has no clue ,east Surry had 49 put on them at Reidsville for sure ,besides that only 3 legit tds all year ,one on special teams ,a couple honest ones ,nine running clocks ,starters usually pulled at half ,Believe what you u want ,bring that assumption to pilot and you will be fooled .I think it will be a good game ,just know east is too deep .Safe travels to Mitchell fans and players !