Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Weddington 49, NW Cabarrus 7 (3rd Round Final)

Rate this topic

I have to admit that I don't know much about Weddington outside of Shipley. Obviously they're stout on defense, giving up only 6 points in the playoffs and shutting out some really good teams during the regular season.

Factors to consider are Blake at RB (he's shifty, tough to tackle, has relatively fresh legs, and is hungry for the ball) and Wilds-Lawing at QB (if allowed to scramble could put up some points on the ground).

If NW can eliminate the dumb penalties and keep their heads in the game despite Shipley running wild, this could be a fun game. Don't discount Gentry bringing a good defensive game plan. It's up to the boys to execute though.

The offense of NW Cabarrus probably will be the best Weddington has seen all year. Weddington’s D is one of the best in the state at any level. It will be a good matchup. Weddington also has a few more weapons than Shipley, but he is the horse. It will be fun.

On 11/27/2019 at 10:06 AM, Friday Nights in K-Town said:

Poor Trojans, So Close yet So far!! lol76767517_3019956561351077_43997996093800

This is a post of a fan who's team is sitting on their couches instead of practicing this morning. Think NWC might give Weddington a game if they can force turnovers...IF. 

• Like 1

Weddington is loaded and the most disciplined team in the state. Will Shipley will play college ball anywhere he wishes. Clemson, Norte Dame, Sanford, etc. He is a speedster RB for sure but he also catches everything close to him with soft hands. Also plays corner and safety when needed. I could see him at any of those positions in college.

Shipley has been a part of five championship teams. He’s ready to add a ring to another hand. His brother was MVP in the championship game and Will will get one also.

Weddington doesn’t over pursue the play. Almost never out of place on defense. Shutting down teams defensively has given them more chances on offense. This is an elite program. Fundamentally much like Charlotte Catholic but with a passing game. When you destroy Catholic 49-0 that is a statement.

Weddington wins easily.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Catholic said:

This is a post of a fan who's team is sitting on their couches instead of practicing this morning. Think NWC might give Weddington a game if they can force turnovers...IF. 

This is a post from a fan who's team has two more state titles and five more appearances than the Trojans have, and could care less if he's practicing this morning or not. I'm 54 years old and don't practice to begin with. Next?? 

1 hour ago, Friday Nights in K-Town said:

This is a post from a fan who's team has two more state titles and five more appearances than the Trojans have, and could care less if he's practicing this morning or not. I'm 54 years old and don't practice to begin with. Next?? 

Meant your team. Not you. Nice to see you live in the past and want to use titles from over 20 years ago to try and diminish the accomplishments of a team that has taken your team to the woodshed the last two seasons. At this point I expect you'll bring up some stat about Kannapolis and NWC that no one cares about. 

I am not an expert on either school, but having coached against Weddington this season I do know that you must force turnovers to beat them. Cannot put your defense in tough spots all night long. If NWC can take care of the  football and force turnovers it gives them a shot...however, Weddington seems to be on a tear right now and that is easier said than done. Good luck to the Trojans, they'll probably need some. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Catholic said:

Meant your team. Not you. Nice to see you live in the past and want to use titles from over 20 years ago to try and diminish the accomplishments of a team that has taken your team to the woodshed the last two seasons. At this point I expect you'll bring up some stat about Kannapolis and NWC that no one cares about. 

I am not an expert on either school, but having coached against Weddington this season I do know that you must force turnovers to beat them. Cannot put your defense in tough spots all night long. If NWC can take care of the  football and force turnovers it gives them a shot...however, Weddington seems to be on a tear right now and that is easier said than done. Good luck to the Trojans, they'll probably need some. 

I take that back, I do practice all the time. lol lol lol78047023_3024526370894096_13264836412991

• Haha 1

Love my Trojans, but unfortunately the way they’ve played defense this year is not gonna bode well for them tonight. Weddington is by far and away the best team NW has seen all year and Shipley will have no problem running up and down the field tonight, not enough size up front on the D-line for NW. Good luck Trojans, give em hell, make a game of it. 

Weddington wins big again 49-7. This is the best team in 3A and possibly small 4A as well. It’s not like they didn’t play a very good team. Weddington is just that one special team who most knew by mid season would hoist a championship trophy. Congrats to Northwestern Cabarrus on a great season and being the pride of the county.

6 minutes ago, Friday Nights in K-Town said:

It's tough getting to that first state title game, and even tougher to win it, but once you do, you can at least get back four more times in three decades to try for another!! lol

Must be tough getting out of the second round, but once you do, you can at least get back four more times in three decades to try for another

1 hour ago, Catholic said:

Must be tough getting out of the second round, but once you do, you can at least get back four more times in three decades to try for another

You sound like Derek Miller trying to sneak in under an alias, at least have the gonads to show who you are?? lol

4 minutes ago, Friday Nights in K-Town said:

You sound like Derek Miller trying to sneak in under an alias, at least have the gonads to show who you are?? lol

I know him, great guy, brings a lot to the table working with our young men on the field and in the weightroom, I will not lie that I have asked him on more than one occasion for help formulating a reply. He seems to stay over on NCP these days. 

I'm just putting you in your place because you like to talk an awful lot of trash while representing a school that has not been relevant in football in over a decade. Maybe he'll crop back up here soon since you called him out though. That'd be a sight

1 hour ago, Catholic said:

I know him, great guy, brings a lot to the table working with our young men on the field and in the weightroom, I will not lie that I have asked him on more than one occasion for help formulating a reply. He seems to stay over on NCP these days. 

I'm just putting you in your place because you like to talk an awful lot of trash while representing a school that has not been relevant in football in over a decade. Maybe he'll crop back up here soon since you called him out though. That'd be a sight

Appreciate that Catholic. Notice that the Trojans fans on here just let Friday Nights jabber away while we let the scoreboard speak for us.

1 hour ago, Friday Nights in K-Town said:

Embarrassing.

6 hours ago, Catholic said:

You mean that as satire, right?

2 hours ago, wonderfan said:

You mean that as satire, right?

Which part? The “you haven’t been relevant in a decade” part was not satire. Neither was me stating who I am not. 

9 hours ago, Catholic said:

I don't talk anymore trash than the next guy brother, but I am pretty good at getting a rise out of people and I love it!! lol, the best thing now is that since I am retired, I don't have to watch my mouth so much or operate under such strict rules of conduct, so all bets are off now!! Come again, and if you need help from DM replying to me, then you are in sad shape!! Of course that's all in good fun you believe that right?? lol 

7 hours ago, Orange_Black said:

Appreciate that Catholic. Notice that the Trojans fans on here just let Friday Nights jabber away while we let the scoreboard speak for us.

You gotta have a thick skin my brother!! lol As far as scoreboards talking, does 40-4-1 mean anything to you?? lol

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Catholic said:

Which part? The “you haven’t been relevant in a decade” part was not satire. Neither was me stating who I am not. 

The part about Derek! And we will not be relevant until we get a decent coach!

3 minutes ago, wonderfan said:

The part about Derek! And we will not be relevant until we get a decent coach!

No it wasn’t satire. He does a great job with our young men in the weightroom and on the field with both JV and varsity. 

Who is a decent coach in your mind? A Hardin brother? Palmieri? Who can revive Kannapolis

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Friday Nights in K-Town said:

I don't talk anymore trash than the next guy brother, but I am pretty good at getting a rise out of people and I love it!! lol, the best thing now is that since I am retired, I don't have to watch my mouth so much or operate under such strict rules of conduct, so all bets are off now!! Come again, and if you need help from DM replying to me, then you are in sad shape!! Of course that's all in good fun you believe that right?? lol 

We are all here to have fun, are we not?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Catholic said:

No it wasn’t satire. He does a great job with our young men in the weightroom and on the field with both JV and varsity. 

Who is a decent coach in your mind? A Hardin brother? Palmieri? Who can revive Kannapolis

Almost anyone would be an improvement! With out a doubt the most overrated coach in NC!  Gave up 105 points in two playoff games, one to a team with a losing record! 

5 hours ago, Catholic said:

I can tell you those three are not interested and the two that are the hot button names had little interest when Massey left and zero now.