Sign in to follow this  
mrhonda

Playoff Predictions - 4AA and 4A Round 3

Rate this topic

I said at the beginning, it's often more difficult to make predictions in the playoffs.  That held true last week, I was 10-5 for the round;   3-1 in 4A East and 4AA West, 2-1 in 4AA East but 2-2 in 4A West.  For the season I'm at 222-36-1.  We have some very interesting matchups this week, as we see who'll head to the regional finals.  In 4AA West, we could be looking for a shootout in one game and a defensive slugfest in the other.  The predictions are below.

4A East

Cardinal Gibbons 42 New Bern 20

Scotland 30 South View 24

4A West

Grimsley 28 Glenn 20

East Forsyth 42 Ragsdale 14

4AA East

Wake Forest 41 Hoggard 7

Leesville Road 38 Garner 14

4AA West

Myers Park 34 Richmond 30

West Forsyth 19 Vance 14

34 minutes ago, harlem545 said:

WF isn’t putting up more than 10pts on Vance. Lmao. 

I respect Mr Hondas picks...a lot of folx give a hard time but I know he puts in some work with his picks. Theres always that hot team tho....

I use to make predictions only for the West   bracket all the way until the State Champion games. Since I wasn’t that familiar with a lot of the East I wouldn’t do those brackets. I would do real well. But haven’t done that in about 5 years. Sometimes you can a bad week. Having said that this year has been really tough to to pick. Some big surprises. Looking at your West bracket they look good to me. I would say Vance probably could pull it out but wouldn’t surprise me to see it go the other way. 

14 minutes ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

I use to make predictions only for the West   bracket all the way until the State Champion games. Since I wasn’t that familiar with a lot of the East I wouldn’t do those brackets. I would do real well. But haven’t done that in about 5 years. Sometimes you can a bad week. Having said that this year has been really tough to to pick. Some big surprises. Looking at your West bracket they look good to me. I would say Vance probably could pull it out but wouldn’t surprise me to see it go the other way. 

Something about that win that put a charge in a lot of kids preferably Greer. Going back 2 the 1st meeting that Creek game shook him and I saw a weakness that started to run thru the team which came to a head vs Hough(embarrassing). Idk if it continues because this week it could come 2 an end, buy I know with all those explosive offenses left we have the defense to keep them honest n have the offense that maybe not as flashy or explosive jus score jus enough to win.

Road warriors to Kenan.

• Like 1

I’m going by a hunch. We look to have a different type of flame going on at the moment. With how Sloppy WF seems to play against better teams and Vance’s ability to smack teams in the mouth defensively and what seems to be the offenses ability to control the clock, I just don’t see a high achieving game. Max 28pts. Vance’s defense truly sets the tempo of the game and if it’s set early on and then we score first whether it’s 3 or 7 then it’s going to be extremely hard for West to get back in the game. I’d prefer MP to win cause that drive to Rockingham isn’t something I’m looking forward to but I can see Richmond pulling it out by a couple TDs if they play mistake free. 

I think Vance should win this game. My concern is the physical beating Vance and Creek gave each other. It was one of the things I watched during the game that most folks don’t notice. Numerous trips on both sides to the training table for injuries that looked like 1-2 week types. Greer took a beating and I applaud the young man he grew up and made plays down the stretch. The adrenaline was flowing after the game but I do wonder what the injury report looks like for Vance. One lineman looked pretty dinged up.  If Vance gets past this one I think they are the Hot team. 

3 minutes ago, Creekprogram said:

I think Vance should win this game. My concern is the physical beating Vance and Creek gave each other. It was one of the things I watched during the game that most folks don’t notice. Numerous trips on both sides to the training table for injuries that looked like 1-2 week types. Greer took a beating and I applaud the young man he grew up and made plays down the stretch. The adrenaline was flowing after the game but I do wonder what the injury report looks like for Vance. One lineman looked pretty dinged up.  If Vance gets past this one I think they are the Hot team. 

If you’re talking about 55 then yeah. On the 3rd play of that winning drive I think he may have ticked his ankle. That adrenaline is something else. I’m looking for Greer to use his feet more this game and chew clock as much as possible. When he uses his feet he’s more dangerous than he knows. I’m thinking Vance puts up at least 21. So a 21-10 type game. 

Like I said before. Dangerous spot for Vance. Huge win over rival last week and one of two big name opponents on tap next week. I absolutely am certain that Snow has been in their faces about Charlotte football and disrespect.  You can bet WF will be spitting fire.

The good news for Vance is I think the environment will be jumping and that should provide some juice. 

I just cant get how poorly WF tackled the night of the East Forsyth game out of my head......YAC was crazy high for EF..

I think the first team to get a two score lead has a HUGE advantage.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, harlem545 said:

If you’re talking about 55 then yeah. On the 3rd play of that winning drive I think he may have ticked his ankle. That adrenaline is something else. I’m looking for Greer to use his feet more this game and chew clock as much as possible. When he uses his feet he’s more dangerous than he knows. I’m thinking Vance puts up at least 21. So a 21-10 type game. 

All the spotlight will b on the 2 head explosive backfield for WF. And I'm sure West will key in on #5 Thompson for us....#22 Joe Morris is set for a breakout performance.

9 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

All the spotlight will b on the 2 head explosive backfield for WF. And I'm sure West will key in on #5 Thompson for us....#22 Joe Morris is set for a breakout performance.

Looking for Greer to use his Rb checkdown a lot more this game also. As long as he plays Mistake Free then they win. 

Sign in to follow this