Sign in to follow this  
Humpback Burleson

Mitchell 31, Swain County 6 (3rd Round Final)

Rate this topic

Not sure why no one is talking about this game. Swain could have beat Murphy.  Both teams have play makers.  This could be a good game. How many times has Mitchell and Swain played in the playoffs. Anyone know?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Humpback Burleson said:

Not sure why no one is talking about this game. Swain could have beat Murphy.  Both teams have play makers.  This could be a good game. How many times has Mitchell and Swain played in the playoffs. Anyone know?

Mitchell has played Swain 13 times,only beat them once.Think Swain wins this one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pisgah Bears said:

Mitchell has played Swain 13 times,only beat them once.Think Swain wins this one.

I think mitchell will be a little to much for Swain this time..But should be a good game.

• Like 2

I think it’ll be close. I think the overall series is misleading as Mitchell played swain a lot during the late 80s early 90s. No one beat swain a ton during those days. It’ll be on the Mitchell defense to stop the veer. Can we get 3 and outs. If not our offense won’t do us any good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mmshomer said:

I think it’ll be close. I think the overall series is misleading as Mitchell played swain a lot during the late 80s early 90s. No one beat swain a ton during those days. It’ll be on the Mitchell defense to stop the veer. Can we get 3 and outs. If not our offense won’t do us any good. 

In this decade Mitchell is 0-2 against Swain. One game was a 21-0 shutout the Friday after Mitchell lost 6 starters to an auto accident. The other loss was 28-21 in the 3rd round, which has been widely accepted as the game that decided who the 2011 state champion was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Humpback Burleson said:

Nobody cares?? My guess

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

In this decade Mitchell is 0-2 against Swain. One game was a 21-0 shutout the Friday after Mitchell lost 6 starters to an auto accident. The other loss was 28-21 in the 3rd round, which has been widely accepted as the game that decided who the 2011 state champion was.

I don't agree with that 100%. West Montgomery came and smacked us in the mouth the next round, we had to claw back from a 21 point deficit and kick a long field goal in the final seconds to pull it out. Mitchell could have definitely got it done, but that WM squad was no joke. 

As for this Friday we have the pieces necessary to get it done, whether that will happen depends on which version of us shows up. Murphy form Swain? We could surprise some folks, Rville form Swain? We might as well not even get off the bus, and that is not me being ugly, it was just that bad at the Big Oaks. 

49 minutes ago, Redbirdfan30 said:

Pulling for Mitchell in this one ,I think they are by far the best mountain team this year!

Mitchell 42

Swain  14

Why yeah they beat Heritage lol!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humpback Burleson said:

He is obviously talking about in 1a mountain football. Tarhole.

Guess he should have said 1a. Sounded like he just meant mountains in general. 

Good game Mitchell and good luck next week! I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t uh, displeased, with the result but y’all earned it for sure!

I’m Purple with some Black and Silver these next few weeks. Let’s go Mitchell and Rville baby! Bring it back to the mountains and, more importantly, the SMC!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tarheels1 said:

Ok good deal. Yeah , you guys are better than Avery I would agree with that.

Suddenly Mountain heritage fans will have to ride out the Mitchell threads like always to finish a football season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Humpback Burleson said:

Suddenly Mountain heritage fans will have to ride out the Mitchell threads like always to finish a football season.

Hey congratulations on your win good luck next week lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Humpback Burleson said:

Thanks . I will save you a seat. Since you are not doing anything .

I hope you win the whole fkn thing so when people ask who your 1 lose was to who do you get to say. Lmao 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Humpback Burleson said:

Lol. Yep we only can beat you guys ever year sorta sad. And guess what ? you won’t beat us next 3/4 years either I promise that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tarheels1 said:

Lol. Yep we only can beat you guys ever year sorta sad. And guess what ? you won’t beat us next 3/4 years either I promise that.

They in for a sad ride next few years. Coach be on the sideline saying “what do I do” kinda like this year lol

Welp, another non Mitchell/Heritage thread that has turned into you can't and won't beat us. I think that is well known at this point. Best I recall the same hey come watch us play Reidsville since you lost to Murphy this same week last year. But nope even on a night that the Heritage fans should be congratulating your seniors for an outstanding and unbelievably great 4 years it is still we better than you. We get it. But for 1 week Mitchell Will be playing while Heritage gets ready to slobber knock everyone in the WHC in basketball. Yes my prediction is Heritage will win in Ledger next season just as I predicted a Heritage win this season. Next up...if we played 1a ball we would have won several state titles. Well guess what you are a 2a school, therefore you play 2a playoffs. That may all change with the next realignment and you will get your chance. 

Apologies for the off topic rant.

Back on topic CONGRATS to the young men at Swain for a great season.You all have alot to be proud of. 

Go Mountaineers 

• Like 1