Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Blue&Gray

Reidsville 24, Brevard 7 (3rd Round Final)

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, FBCapitalOfNC said:

Graham if you noticed they said 2a... Not 2AA.  This is a playoff thread.   No one is taking away from the Lions.   I honestly think N Lincoln is the best team in the state this year

North Lincoln? LOL

On 11/24/2019 at 1:49 PM, Glenn said:

Not very strong teams ?? Are you kidding ?? Promise you if Reidsville played either one of there schedules they would not have the crazy stats they do .pisgah played in a very tough conf and so did heritage.

Pisgah would not beat Reidsville if they played them every year. Pisgah does not have the same types of athletes Reidsville has. Neither does Mt. Heritage. Even the mountain team fans have frequently  made comments that once these mountain teams come down off the mountain they do not normally do very well. I have coaching friends from the mountains who also tell me that when they come down off the mountain they are at a distinct disadvantage in terms of speed and athleticism.Even AC Reynolds (who is the best mountain team period) has problems when they play the better flat land teams. The 1A and 1AA teams from the mountains and the coast always do well in the playoffs because there are very few of these size schools in the middle of the state. From 2A on up the middle of the state teams do very well. BTW I don't consider teams like East Surry, Crest, and Shelby mountain teams. To me they are in the transition area (sometimes called the foothills) between the Piedmont and the mountains.

If Brevard turns the ball over five times like they did against Pisgah you're right. Brevard outplayed Reidsville last year and should have won.

For the guy talking about Pisgah getting blasted by North Lincoln. They would do that to Reidsville and most other teams as well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pisgah Bears said:

If Brevard turns the ball over five times like they did against Pisgah you're right. Brevard outplayed Reidsville last year and should have won.

For the guy talking about Pisgah getting blasted by North Lincoln. They would do that to Reidsville and most other teams as well.

Brevard and pisgah both have had great Defenses  this year.And they are plenty of good teams in the playoffs that would have a tall tall order in beating north lincoln...i would lot rather play this years reidsville over north lincoln 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pisgah Bears said:

They would not do that to reidsville. Reidsville was young last year and it was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Brevard however did our play last year, but at the end of the day we won states. No one else in 2 a has  done what reidsville does besides Shelby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Craig has been the perfect fit as a coach for Brevard at the right time. Other coaches will always be measured by Frank Robinson and Dan Essenberg’s success but you could make an argument that Craig has already equaled Dan’s success in a shorter amount of time. You could also make the argument that Craig has done it with less overall talent as well. Frank and Dan’s glory days were known for having unreal talent that was hard to match in the mountains. For a smaller school that program has produced as much talent over the years as Reynolds and Asheville. I would have loved to have seen what Craig could have done with all that talent throughout those years. He’s a great coach and even a better man.

• Like 2

Congratulations to Brevard.  Great game plan.  2 huge stops.  I honestly thought you guys started getting gases late in the 3rd and Reidsville hit another gear.   Nothing to hang your heads abou

My hat is off to Brevard. They had a good game plan and it suited them well for a half. The Reidsville QB did miss a wide open receiver in the first half which would have been huge. I agree that Brevard looked gassed in the second half and Reidsville took over. The totality of it all is that Reidsville had too many weapons.

A team that has that many weapons is very hard to beat ,Reidsville has fast receivers ,a qb that runs ,and a back that carries 5 yards a touch ,a hard hard combo to stop ,I'm not sure what brevard had ,but if it's just a hard nose run game forget it against them .I think West Stokes is a better matchup ,but they will most likely go down also .Rams 42 to 10

Reading back through the comments about how this team or that team will do this or that to Reidsville.  This team or that team out played us.  In 4 years only 2 teams have beat  us. 2!   The level of disrespect is nuts!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess not.

5 hours ago, FBCapitalOfNC said:

Reading back through the comments about how this team or that team will do this or that to Reidsville.  This team or that team out played us.  In 4 years only 2 teams have beat  us. 2!   The level of disrespect is nuts!

We have to go through this every year. I'm sure it will be the same talk again next year.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 4:50 PM, Redbirdfan30 said:

West Stokes is a better matchup ,but they will most likely go down also .Rams 42 to 10

Wouldn't the score be close if they were a better match up? 

And it's State.