Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

Richmond 35, Myers Park 32 (3rd Round Final)

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, Orange_Black said:

It's a shame this game is happening now instead of a couple rounds later because I agree with you Chris, these may just be the two best teams in NC this year.

Two best Offensive teams. But it is the premier matchup left on the schedule 

Four of the 5 offensive coaches for Richmond County actually played for the Raiders.....and two of the 5 defensive coaches played for the Raiders....I think it will take at least 35 to win this game....

• Like 1

What crowd could we see at this game. Possibly 10,000, 12,000 maybe. Any thoughts of the size of crowd. Being Friday after Thanksgiving I think will help bring more fans out. 

• Like 1

I would think 8,000 would be about the maximum crowd.  

I thought MP v MC (if they won out) would be a game that could rival the gates of Butler v Indy prior 2007 and would do over 10,000 at UNCC.  That late in the playoffs with fewer games being played allows for more third party fans and with the recruits on the field I would expect a lot of the local college fans to come check some of the players out.

• Like 1

My guess would be at least 8-9 thousand....Good time to pull one in RC...Hoping for good weather....Those grills will be rolling.....I think the winner of this game takes it all....No injuries for the Raiders last pm.....I agree with U , O Black...Had a good crowd last night, but nothing like Ive seen when the scots come to town...

• Like 2

I wanted to go to last year's game but couldn't but this year I'm there. 

MP win Vance loss= MP @ West Forsyth

MP win Vance win= Vance @ MP

A MP loss wouldnt even matter far as the other teams as they would play at Richmond.

1 hour ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

What crowd could we see at this game. Possibly 10,000, 12,000 maybe. Any thoughts of the size of crowd. Being Friday after Thanksgiving I think will help bring more fans out. 

Nice crowd against Hough. Home side looked full.  Visitor side looked 75% with a lot of green and gold.  I think MP travels better.  I got there at 6 and no lines at that time.  I expect quite few more and heard many people saying they were coming early.  More people in town to see their families, so many said they had some more coming this week.  Maybe Tango could answer how many Richmond stadium holds?  I thought it was roughly 10,000.  Not sure there would be that many, but be prepared and welcome any Charlotte folks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ace Newman said:

I wanted to go to last year's game but couldn't but this year I'm there. 

MP win Vance loss= MP @ West Forsyth

MP win Vance win= Vance @ MP

A MP loss wouldnt even matter far as the other teams as they would play at Richmond.

I don't know about you but if MP can get by RC, I want Vance at Gus Purcell

2 hours ago, Raider7967 said:

Nice crowd against Hough. Home side looked full.  Visitor side looked 75% with a lot of green and gold.  I think MP travels better.  I got there at 6 and no lines at that time.  I expect quite few more and heard many people saying they were coming early.  More people in town to see their families, so many said they had some more coming this week.  Maybe Tango could answer how many Richmond stadium holds?  I thought it was roughly 10,000.  Not sure there would be that many, but be prepared and welcome any Charlotte folks!

I thought you all were in the 7 to 8000 range without counting the hills on the side

24 minutes ago, Dreboy said:

I thought you all were in the 7 to 8000 range without counting the hills on the side

Could be as sometimes you used to hear about 10,000 at the game.  8,000 may be more like it.  

59 minutes ago, Livermushmaster said:

Need to worry about RC 1st...how bad u want us, they want you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9,000 is the estimated seating capacity at Richmond.  There is a formula that takes the length of the bleachers, subtracts the walkway space, and then divide by twenty inches.  That is considered the standard size for a seat.  We all know that number does not always work because some folks are a bit wider.  The issue with facilities without specific seat numbers or chairs with arms is people always take up more space than they need.  A little extra room between them and the person next to them.  Place a jacket between people, et al.

I find that the attendance numbers we often hear speculated do not match up close to the gate receipts plus the estimate of no charge attendees.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Need to worry about RC 1st...how bad u want us, they want you!

Hey 704. If this game does happen I would think like last year based on MP being a grass field and by that time it will be in soft conditions it should be moved to a neutral turf site right??  Wink wink......

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Creekprogram said:

Hey 704. If this game does happen I would think like last year based on MP being a grass field and by that time it will be in soft conditions it should be moved to a neutral turf site right??  Wink wink......

🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, Creekprogram said:

😂😂😂😂

22 hours ago, Livermushmaster said:

Either scenario works for me I just want $8.00 - $10 worth of game and the travel be worth it.   I enjoyed this past friday game against Ardrey Kell and their fans chanting overrated at our QB Maye!  Because I couldn't go Richmond last year the only other game that I know all too well was the "moved" game against Vance.  

1 hour ago, Creekprogram said:

Grass, Turf, Gravel, or hardwood, we'll be there

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ace Newman said:

Either scenario works for me I just want $8.00 - $10 worth of game and the travel be worth it.   I enjoyed this past friday game against Audrey Kell and their fans chanting overrated at our QB Maye!  Because I couldn't go Richmond last year the only other game that I know all too well was the "moved" game against Vance.  

Who is Audrey? It's Ardrey Kell

🙂

9 hours ago, Livermushmaster said:

Grass, Turf, Gravel, or hardwood, we'll be there

Just to enlighten folks who might not know last year Vance had home field advantage but the Myers Park Admin made so much noise downtown about the sloppy conditions at Vance that they forced a move to Mallard Creek’s turf field. So if this game happens it’s only fair play that Vance has precedent to have the game moved from that I’m sure soft field correct????............I think I just saw Hell freeze over. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Creekprogram said:

Just to enlighten folks who might not know last year Vance had home field advantage but the Myers Park Admin made so much noise downtown about the sloppy conditions at Vance that they forced a move to Mallard Creek’s turf field. So if this game happens it’s only fair play that Vance has precedent to have the game moved from that I’m sure soft field correct????............I think I just saw Hell freeze over. 

Well with Hough's encouragement because they reached out to MP and "suggested" that they petitioned to have the game moved after they trespassed and took pics of our field n sent them to MP. U see why I'm not a big fan of Hough smh.

4 hours ago, WHPco06 said:

Who is Audrey? It's Ardrey Kell

🙂

Ok thanks for letting me know Ill inform autocorrect.  Is Meyers Park spelled right too? 😏

• Haha 1

I thought if MC and MP met in the regional final the game should be played at UNCC.  Obviously MC has turf but that game was going to attract a huge crowd probably double what MC would be able to allow in the gates (4,500 v 8,000 plus).  Do not think Vance v MP has the same drawing power.  Expect MP's field is in much better condition than Vance's was last year.  There is a precedence set for field conditions being questioned during the playoffs over the years to the point the NCHSAA sent two administrators to inspect a field in Wilmington. 

3 hours ago, Creekprogram said:

And that was my first visit to Mallard Creek stadium. Obviously I wasnt on this website last year and I was wondering why the game got moved I didnt find out until the day of the game and had car issues. Mallard Creek is further north of Vance so I had to take the light rail and two buses to get near there.  After Vance won getting home was a headache because one of the 🚌 routes near Mallard Creek stops running after 7.  It would have been easier to get home had the game was played at Vance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Well with Hough's encouragement because they reached out to MP and "suggested" that they petitioned to have the game moved after they trespassed and took pics of our field n sent them to MP. U see why I'm not a big fan of Hough smh.

Wow

3 hours ago, 704cougarsdad said:

And they both still lost lmao. The irony 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Creekprogram said:

with not a lot of rain the forecast GP will be just fine, if not UNCC works great as well

Will be interested to see what Till does different this time around to defend Maye and his outside threats. Does RC have the DL to get home with 4?  Will he be aggressive and try and get Maye uncomfortable from the kickoff? 95% of the HS QB's I think its smarter to see if they can beat you completing 5 or 6 passes in a series but with this kid I think you either get him off his spot or you pay the price. Vance came hard but they had the kids on the backend to man up and they got a little help from the weather.

The other aspect is the amount of attention Rooks and Muhammad receive. MP has an elite kid at TE and this Flip kid is a nightmare to match up with.

Gonna make the ride on Friday and am excited to see my first playoff game at RC.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2019 at 3:06 PM, Chris Hughes said:

Biggest game in NC this week.  Some people have even said to me that this is the state championship game. 

Would you say this is bigger than a Richmond / Scotland game?

2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Will be interested to see what Till does different this time around to defend Maye and his outside threats. Does RC have the DL to get home with 4?  Will he be aggressive and try and get Maye uncomfortable from the kickoff? 95% of the HS QB's I think its smarter to see if they can beat you completing 5 or 6 passes in a series but with this kid I think you either get him off his spot or you pay the price. Vance came hard but they had the kids on the backend to man up and they got a little help from the weather.

The other aspect is the amount of attention Rooks and Muhammad receive. MP has an elite kid at TE and this Flip kid is a nightmare to match up with.

Gonna make the ride on Friday and am excited to see my first playoff game at RC.

Don't forget Jordan Bly! As well as the Newman Brothers coming out of the backfield. Twan Flip can change a game quickly.

5 hours ago, Wrigley said:

I agree it will be very interesting and would like to hear the coaches discussing the game plan.  I think this will come down to some really good coaching, but got to have the kids execute. Chess, not checkers.  Better have a few plans and be ready to adjust.  Easier said than done in some cases.  I do know we will have to get a lot more pressure on Maye this time around and cover the backend well.  I still think MP comes in slinging and getting them off that passing game would be a key.  They will make some catches, but limit them and get them frustrated.  Make them run the ball. It’s also going to be interesting how we go about the Offense.  If we can run the ball well, that may be a great route to take and slow the passing down.  I’m not sure how good the MP secondary D is, but they see a lot of passing reps in practice I am sure.

I wonder what kinks MP may have or will they feel slinging it gets them through.  

Come on over and welcome...I think it will be a great game.

30 minutes ago, Raider7967 said:

I agree it will be very interesting and would like to hear the coaches discussing the game plan.  I think this will come down to some really good coaching, but got to have the kids execute. Chess, not checkers.  Better have a few plans and be ready to adjust.  Easier said than done in some cases.  I do know we will have to get a lot more pressure on Maye this time around and cover the backend well.  I still think MP comes in slinging and getting them off that passing game would be a key.  They will make some catches, but limit them and get them frustrated.  Make them run the ball. It’s also going to be interesting how we go about the Offense.  If we can run the ball well, that may be a great route to take and slow the passing down.  I’m not sure how good the MP secondary D is, but they see a lot of passing reps in practice I am sure.

I wonder what kinks MP may have or will they feel slinging it gets them through.  

I can tell you that there struggles ( which havent been many) over the past two years has been stopping the run and physical football.  They havent had to worry about it much this year because they have come out and hung 30+ on just about everyone in the first half.

My gut tells me that just like the Vance game last year if you can get it into the 4th quarter even or even down a score they will struggle with having to tackle that late in the game.

12 hours ago, Raider7967 said:

MP Secondary is the best part of their D