Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Kings Mountain 17, A.C. Reynolds 10 (3rd Round Final)

Rate this topic

A big battle in this game. I don’t see either team winning with a blowout like they did last night. Can home field advantage go in the favor of Reynolds or will Kings Mountain show who is King of the hill. Any thoughts. 

• Like 1

Should be a classic, I’m not in the know much on either team but the usual cliches apply. Turnovers, penalties, injuries, ect. Thinking a big test will be Reynolds DL vs KM OL. 

• Like 1

ACR should match up good with Km. U cant go by what KM did to Shelby...crest beat Km and we killed Crest... AC will have to keep it honest run and pass..Ac much improved since they played Shelby. I expect this to be tight game till end...good luck to both

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tar Heels1, have you even seen reynolds play??!! To many athletes for reynolds, reynolds is loaded with athletes too, speed on both sides of the ball. 5 wr’s that can catch and run like hell. 3 rb’s fast, with hands can cut on a dime and want to lower the pads and make you pay for getting in front of them!! They are hitting on all cylinders!!! ACR by 10. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Theboss1119 said:

Tar Heels1, have you even seen reynolds play??!! To many athletes for reynolds, reynolds is loaded with athletes too, speed on both sides of the ball. 5 wr’s that can catch and run like hell. 3 rb’s fast, with hands can cut on a dime and want to lower the pads and make you pay for getting in front of them!! They are hitting on all cylinders!!! ACR by 10. 

Ok I just picked KM. Neither team likes physical play, both are finesse teams. But they did beat Shelby. Other than 2 first games Reynolds’s really not played nobody this year , very weak schedule.

• Like 3

My heart wants to go with ac Reynolds mountain teams usually pick up for other mountain teams during the post season but I feel King's mountain is far more battle tested than ac. And pose a very serious threat. Im not expecting a beatt down from  but kings mountain might limp away with a w this upcoming friday

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mmshomer said:

Acr probably loses. I’m pulling for them, however they lost to Shelby. We know what Kings mountain did to Shelby. 

Transitive properties rarely apply this late in the game. Shelby Boatraced Crest and then Crest beat KM, so comparing who beat who didn’t work. The truth is ACR has gotten much better than they were earlier. Much better. And they play at home and they have a championship pedigree coach. If KM comes in thinking they will beat ACR just because Shelby did, they’re likely to lose.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Statesville was also untested.  They had something special going on this year.  You never know what's going to happen but I'll take Kings Mt. by 14.

ACR isn’t untested. They started the year with the reigning 4A and 2A state champions, back to back. Not only that but coach Laws has a state championship himself. You’re going to be in for a real surprise if you think ACR is ‘untested’.

They aren’t Statesville.

• Like 3

All outside opinions as far as KM is concerned.  ACR is a very good program and this years team is no different.   Nobody from KM thinks we are just riding up there to “finesse” another win.   Should be a good game and a great atmosphere.  Looking forward to the challenge of playing a well coached and classy team.

• Like 6

I would say that most of the people outside of ACR  don’t give them much of a chance against KM.   I can understand that by looking at the schedules and common opponents.  Fortunately that doesn’t mean a whole lot.  Teams match up differently with common opponents so it is very hard to compare.  I think ACR has improved tremendously since the first of the year and I am sure the same can be said for KM.  It comes down to who can exploit the weaknesses of the other team better.  I’m looking forward to a good game involving two good teams.  It has the makings of a dandy.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

All ACR heard was don’t over look Hickory don’t over look Ne Guilford, held them to a goose egg which was the first for them all year!! It will be a great game with KM but it’s ACR time to get the state championship since the refs took there’s in 2017! Redemption year, go rockets and bring it home!!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tarheels1 said:

Other than first 2 games of the year who in your mind was any good that Reynolds’s has played? By the way you lost those first 2 games also.

Yeah Tarheels you are right, they have been playing the cheerleaders of each football team. Tuscola, north Buncombe, Asheville, west Henderson was supposed to be there time to dethrone the rockets! 40 straight conferences wins is nothing!! Who have they played who has beat them?? Can any other team in any other league say they have won 40 straight games in there Division!! Answer that question please 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Theboss1119 said:

Yeah Tarheels you are right, they have been playing the cheerleaders of each football team. Tuscola, north Buncombe, Asheville, west Henderson was supposed to be there time to dethrone the rockets! 40 straight conferences wins is nothing!! Who have they played who has beat them?? Can any other team in any other league say they have won 40 straight games in there Division!! Answer that question please 

And by the way 5 teams from the conference made the playoffs!!! Just saying

• Like 1

I for one think ACR coaching Staff is better then Km... I think where might be a difference is on line play...but maybe wrong.. Pulling for my ACR friends...should be a good one

• Like 3

4 hours ago, shelbyfan said:

I for one think ACR coaching Staff is better then Km... I think where might be a difference is on line play...but maybe wrong.. Pulling for my ACR friends...should be a good one

Our line has improved since Shelby saw us in week 2, against EF and Shelby we were breaking in a brand new QB who had never played in our system. He threw 6 picks in those first two games and has thrown only 2 since. Our OL had 3 new faces back then and we were trying to find our identity on defense as well. We will need to play our best against KM in all three phases of the game no doubt. I have confidence in our staff and players to be prepared. I completely understand people not picking us to win, KM wasn’t highly ranked all year for nothing. I look forward to a great game. Finally I don’t know who “Theboss” is on here but what you are posting just fuels their fire, let’s let our team do the talking.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Theboss1119 said:

Ok how many is left?? Lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tarheels1 said:

Other than first 2 games of the year who in your mind was any good that Reynolds’s has played? By the way you lost those first 2 games also.

I've seen ACR and KM play the same opponent both late in the year (West Henderson) if it's any indication to what I think we'll see on Friday and I thought ACR was more impressive. What that amounts to, who knows?

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 2:31 PM, deetc1 said:

I expect ACR to win this one. KM will get out coached. ACR are much improved from the start of the season 

Makes sense, ACR has the better coaching

1 minute ago, Rocket said:

Congrats to KM. We got out coached tonight. 

No. We got out played physically up front.  They just wore us down on defense and we couldn’t get much time to throw on offense.    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gg4bama said:

No. We got out played physically up front.  They just wore us down on defense and we couldn’t get much time to throw on offense.    

KM exploited our weaknesses and we had no answer for it. Call it whatever you want to justify it in your head but I see that as better coaching.  

3 minutes ago, Rocket said:

KM exploited our weaknesses and we had no answer for it. Call it whatever you want. 

I think I did that.  Doesn’t matter.  Still proud of my Rockets.   They have nothing to be ashamed of.  

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 9:03 PM, Theboss1119 said:

I picked KM by 10. I missed it