Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

S.C. 5A State Championship Playoff Bracket

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Keeping up with this 5A bracket in S.C. This is the 3rd rd of the S.C. 5A class. Here is where it starts getting interesting. Gaffney at Byrnes  and Dorman at Clover will be huge games for sure. Looks like Dutch Fork has some good competition on hand. 

Upper Bracket

9-3 Gaffney at 11-1 Byrnes 

12-0 Dorman at 12-0 Clover

Lower Bracket

11-0-1 Dutch Fork at 11-0 Fort Dorchester

9-2 Goose Creek at 11-1 Carolina Forest


 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toughest game for DF since the opener. Heading toward a Brynes- Dorman rematch that would awesome. Would love to see Rd 2.

My gut tells me that its gonna be a Byrnes- DF final

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to believe Clover is the host team for their game.  You would think they would have taken some lumps in the seeding process after beating up 2A & 3A schools from Gaston County for about half their win total. But  they did ware SP out in Belmont this year. It wasn't pretty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Hard to believe Clover is the host team for their game.  You would think they would have taken some lumps in the seeding process after beating up 2A & 3A schools from Gaston County for about half their win total. But  they did ware SP out in Belmont this year. It wasn't pretty.

SC Playoff home games alternate each year.  Last season Dutch Fork traveled for their first three playoff games.  Check me but I think it was all three and they had an extremely dominate season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clover could surprise me and win the whole thing. No, no they couldn't. Well anyway I was unaware of the fact that home games weren't earned. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 9:04 AM, btango said:

SC Playoff home games alternate each year.  Last season Dutch Fork traveled for their first three playoff games.  Check me but I think it was all three and they had an extremely dominate season.

This isn't correct. The team with the highest region finish hosts. If the two teams are tied then its decided by the predetermined bracket. Dutch Fork opened playoffs with two home games last year before having to travel as they were facing 1 seeds from other regions that the bracket benefited. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueCollarBlitz said:

This isn't correct. The team with the highest region finish hosts. If the two teams are tied then its decided by the predetermined bracket. Dutch Fork opened playoffs with two home games last year before having to travel as they were facing 1 seeds from other regions that the bracket benefited. 

Thanks fir the correction! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big win for Gaffney as they knocked off Byrnes 34-20. Gaffney has good tradition football so they cannot be counted out. 
Scores of the 5A bracket.

Gaffney 34  Byrnes 20

Dorman 45  Clover 42

Dutch Fork 48  Fort Dorchester 0

Carolina Forest 41  Goose Creek 14.

Big game next week as Gaffney plays Dorman. Should be a good one. 

Dutch Fork plays Carolina Forest. 

Some good football down in S.C. 
 


 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expected Gaffney v Byrnes to be super close.  Thought Dorman would best Clover by more.

TK and The Foxes roll an undefeated opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three of the final four coaches in 5A started out in NC.  Knotts, Dave Gutshall at Dorman, and Marc Morris at Carolina Forest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, btango said:

Three of the final four coaches in 5A started out in NC.  Knotts, Dave Gutshall at Dorman, and Marc Morris at Carolina Forest.

Carolina Forest- DF game gonna be any good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Where are the regional finals played?

What I seen so far is Gaffney is at Dorman and Carolina Forest at Dutch Fork. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Carolina Forest- DF game gonna be any good?

I think the better game is probably Gaffney at Dorman.  CF lost to Myrtle Beach earlier but did not have a close call until beating River Bluff by 11 in the playoffs.  DF best RB by about 35.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 2:32 AM, btango said:

Expected Gaffney v Byrnes to be super close.  Thought Dorman would best Clover by more.

TK and The Foxes roll an undefeated opponent.

Let's Hire some more!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 2:36 AM, btango said:

Three of the final four coaches in 5A started out in NC.  Knotts, Dave Gutshall at Dorman, and Marc Morris at Carolina Forest.

Let's Hire some more!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×