Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

S.C. 5A State Championship Playoff Bracket

Rate this topic

Keeping up with this 5A bracket in S.C. This is the 3rd rd of the S.C. 5A class. Here is where it starts getting interesting. Gaffney at Byrnes  and Dorman at Clover will be huge games for sure. Looks like Dutch Fork has some good competition on hand. 

Upper Bracket

9-3 Gaffney at 11-1 Byrnes 

12-0 Dorman at 12-0 Clover

Lower Bracket

11-0-1 Dutch Fork at 11-0 Fort Dorchester

9-2 Goose Creek at 11-1 Carolina Forest

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Toughest game for DF since the opener. Heading toward a Brynes- Dorman rematch that would awesome. Would love to see Rd 2.

My gut tells me that its gonna be a Byrnes- DF final

• Like 1

Hard to believe Clover is the host team for their game.  You would think they would have taken some lumps in the seeding process after beating up 2A & 3A schools from Gaston County for about half their win total. But  they did ware SP out in Belmont this year. It wasn't pretty.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Hard to believe Clover is the host team for their game.  You would think they would have taken some lumps in the seeding process after beating up 2A & 3A schools from Gaston County for about half their win total. But  they did ware SP out in Belmont this year. It wasn't pretty.

SC Playoff home games alternate each year.  Last season Dutch Fork traveled for their first three playoff games.  Check me but I think it was all three and they had an extremely dominate season.

• Like 1

Clover could surprise me and win the whole thing. No, no they couldn't. Well anyway I was unaware of the fact that home games weren't earned. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 9:04 AM, btango said:

SC Playoff home games alternate each year.  Last season Dutch Fork traveled for their first three playoff games.  Check me but I think it was all three and they had an extremely dominate season.

This isn't correct. The team with the highest region finish hosts. If the two teams are tied then its decided by the predetermined bracket. Dutch Fork opened playoffs with two home games last year before having to travel as they were facing 1 seeds from other regions that the bracket benefited. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlueCollarBlitz said:

This isn't correct. The team with the highest region finish hosts. If the two teams are tied then its decided by the predetermined bracket. Dutch Fork opened playoffs with two home games last year before having to travel as they were facing 1 seeds from other regions that the bracket benefited. 

Thanks fir the correction! 

Big win for Gaffney as they knocked off Byrnes 34-20. Gaffney has good tradition football so they cannot be counted out. 
Scores of the 5A bracket.

Gaffney 34  Byrnes 20

Dorman 45  Clover 42

Dutch Fork 48  Fort Dorchester 0

Carolina Forest 41  Goose Creek 14.

Big game next week as Gaffney plays Dorman. Should be a good one. 

Dutch Fork plays Carolina Forest. 

Some good football down in S.C. 

Expected Gaffney v Byrnes to be super close.  Thought Dorman would best Clover by more.

TK and The Foxes roll an undefeated opponent.

Three of the final four coaches in 5A started out in NC.  Knotts, Dave Gutshall at Dorman, and Marc Morris at Carolina Forest.

4 hours ago, btango said:

Three of the final four coaches in 5A started out in NC.  Knotts, Dave Gutshall at Dorman, and Marc Morris at Carolina Forest.

Carolina Forest- DF game gonna be any good?

39 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Where are the regional finals played?

What I seen so far is Gaffney is at Dorman and Carolina Forest at Dutch Fork. 

2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Carolina Forest- DF game gonna be any good?

I think the better game is probably Gaffney at Dorman.  CF lost to Myrtle Beach earlier but did not have a close call until beating River Bluff by 11 in the playoffs.  DF best RB by about 35.

On 11/23/2019 at 2:32 AM, btango said:

Expected Gaffney v Byrnes to be super close.  Thought Dorman would best Clover by more.

TK and The Foxes roll an undefeated opponent.

Let's Hire some more!!!!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 2:36 AM, btango said:

Let's Hire some more!!!!