Vik-Val 86

Watauga 55, A.L. Brown 27 (2nd Round Final)

Rate this topic

Interesting in the thoughts with this game. My mind goes back to last year when AL Brown traveled to AC Reynolds. Some thought Brown didn’t have chance but they made it a game and only lost by 7. Will we see the same type of results or will Watauga dominate. 

It's going to be a big challenge ahead of us. If they run on us like Roberson passed on us it could be a long night.

Watauga is a different animal then T.C Roberson who gave AL brown all they had so Watauga is tough to beat at home esp with the cold air.

Should be a fun one i'm sure but idk if I can go against Watauga esp at home. Al brown has the ability to win but do they have enough to slow down Watauga!?

To have a chance we're definitely going to have to slow the Run game down. I don't think you can stop it, you have to try to slow it down.

• Like 1

84K what are your thoughts for AL Brown’s defense next season. I know they will have an experience QB coming back that is getting better and showing signs of a top quality QB. Also having a good RB coming back. Your thoughts? 

This is a tough matchup for Kannapolis, as Watauga beat the same TC Roberson team by 29,  50-21.  Roberson dropping 50 on Kannapolis was hard to believe, 5 of the td's by passing if I remember correct. Watauga beating Roberson by 29 is much easier to believe.  Having to travel further north into the abyss fighting the weather, altitude and a Watauga team that this past Friday beat Cuthbertson 61-21 is a tall test.  The lone bright light for Kannapolis is they want have to face a passing attack as Watauga only passed for 50 yards against Cuthbertson even though the QB does have almost 1100 yards passing for the season,, the other side of the sword is that they rushed for 500 yards against Cuthbertson ... having 3 RB's with between 400-600 yrds each on the season, 1 RB with 1300 rds rushing on the season and another with 1800 yrds rushing(which also happens to be the QB) . Not sure on the injury status or return this week, but Kannapolis did lose a defensive starter.

I still after all that believe Kannapolis can somehow pull out a win come friday

Watauga is a tough team to handle. Their QB is definitely a shrine bowl quality athlete and he runs that option well. He is complimented well at FB and HB. Bond is a special player that always seems to make the play when Coach Habich calls on him. Kannapolis, I believe, can play with the Pioneers and it will come down to minimizing mistakes in this game. Good luck to both squads and bundle up. It gets cool and cooler in Boone this time of the year.

Watauga by 4 Td's.  Their QB Castle will be one of the best if not the best player AL Brown has seen all year.  At Watauga, experienced coaching staff.  Yeah I'll take the Pioneers 48-14

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mgtn-native said:

Watauga by 4 Td's.  Their QB Castle will be one of the best if not the best player AL Brown has seen all year.  At Watauga, experienced coaching staff.  Yeah I'll take the Pioneers 48-14

not so fast. Kannapolis will be a whole heckuva lot better than you’re giving them credit for. outside of Reagan, Watauga has played nobody. 

Lets quit kissing Watauga's ass and look at something everybody else seems to be ignoring. They played an eleven game schedule, and only four of those eleven teams had winning records. and they weren't even impressive winning records. 3 of the eleven made the playoffs with losing records and were all eliminated in the 1st round. Only one team off the Pioneers regular season schedule is still playing football this week, and that is the 4A Reagan Raiders. I'm not saying they can't run the ball because obviously they can, but you're making these guys out to be Mallard Creek and they are anything but!! The Northwestern 3A conference is weak plain and simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Friday Nights in K-Town said:

Lets quit kissing Watauga's ass and look at something everybody else seems to be ignoring. They played an eleven game schedule, and only four of those eleven teams had winning records. and they weren't even impressive winning records. 3 of the eleven made the playoffs with losing records and were all eliminated in the 1st round. Only one team off the Pioneers regular season schedule is still playing football this week, and that is the 4A Reagan Raiders. I'm not saying they can't run the ball because obviously they can, but you're making these guys out to be Mallard Creek and they are anything but!! The Northwestern 3A conference is weak plain and simple.

We don't need to give them bulletin board material.

Watauga runs the ball down to Wonder 3 yard line.  Watauga scores again.  This looks to be a long night for Kannapolis unless they figure out how to stop the Pioneers running game...… 14-0  Watauga

Watauga moves the ball out to midfield again.  Kannapolis has no answers against the run. Watauga moves it down to Wonder 23 yard line as the 1st quarter ends.  Watauga leads 14-0

Wonders get the kickoff out to 38 yard line. Kannapolis still without a 1st down. Trailing 20-0 Kannapolis punts the ball again down to Watauga 30.

Watauga moving again against the Wonders......Fumble....Kannapolis Terry Williams picks up ball and returns 45 yards for TD.    Watauga 20  Kannapolis 7

Watauga takes kickoff out to 24 yard line. Watauga moves ball out to 42 yard line.   58 yard TD run for Watauga.  27-7 Watauga.

Kannapolis starts at its own 32 yard line after the kickoff. Kannapolis passes the ball to Watauga 46.  Wonders get a 1st down. It's their 1st of the game.

Watauga stops the Wonders and takes over the ball at their own 40.  Watauga moves it to Wonder 41.  30 seconds til the half  

Watauga throws an interception in the end zone.    27-7  Watauga at the half.    Complete domination by Watauga in the 1st half