CoachMTurner

Mountain Heritage 18, Owen 7 (Round 2 Final)

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, OwenSnotBubble said:

I have a question for all of the WHC posters? With realignment coming, who do you guys prefer to be in the conference? This is  a list of possible teams being floated around in some form or combination if they go to the 5 classes.

Owen

Heritage

Madison

Polk Co.

Mitchell 1a

Avery Co. right on the 1a/2a border

Brevard

Hendersonville

Swain Co.

Patton

Draughn

RS Central

E.Rutherford

Chase

I would like to see Owen, Heritage, Chase, East Rutherford, RS Central, Draughn, Madison and Patton 

• Like 1

You would have smash mouth, a little speed and a little passing in those schools but for the most part would have similar feels.  You could even replace Madison with Polk and for geography if you had to you could replace Heritage with Avery but I like where the Owen-Heritage rivalry is headed.  It should be a good few years between the 2.

• Like 1

I have read through most of the garble this morning and to be honest, it is pathetic. Not a single one of the posters will play a single down or have ANY part of the win/loss of their team!

Here is what will happen Friday night-

Two very good teams will line up for play on Friday night, a minimum of 48 minutes of high quality football will be played. Those in attendance will be blessed for having braved the cold and possible rain/snow to watch it live!! The winning team will be the one that plays most as a TEAM, commits the fewest mistakes, gets the fewest penalties, and inevitably ends up with more points.

Truthfully, with all the talent on the defensive side of the ball this could be an 8-0 or 6-0 final score for EITHER team.

As in every close game, line play will be crucial.

That being said, a key factor is the Gibbs kid, he seems to have a problem with keeping his cool and being allowed to stay in the game for a full 48.

If he gets tossed early, Heritage might have a field day, but if Heritage can't hang on to the pigskin any better than they did in the first half of the Bandys game, they could lose by 30.

Another key factor is will Shehan be back or not. If he's not, Heritage could have issues getting outside, and Owen won't respect the passing game as much either, but that could end up hurting them as well, because pun or not Heritage does have a few more horses than Owen.

My personal opinion- Heritage comes out and holds onto the ball, Gibbs gets tossed in his final game, and Heritage wins by 20.

Now all of you are welcome to deciper, decode, whine, cry, and criticize my post as you wish. I'll check back after the game.

Good luck to all mountain teams this week (yes even those that wear that sickening purple), it's a tribute to the coaches, parents, and YOUNG MEN in WNC that we have so many teams "in the hunt"!

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 8:10 AM, Owen Stampede said:

For the record, I said I felt Owen could win out if they played to their potential, with that being said even before Brevard I felt we were under achieving and I am still not convinced after thumping Franklin that we are where we need to be.  I do fully expect to win Friday but that's not up to me.  It's in the hands of kids.  I do want to say that I am finished posting, not because of a hissy fit or any thing like that.  In fact it is a show of self control.  I feel that these message boards are a source of bringing out the worst in myself, so I have chosen weeks ago to put it down.  I am a Christian man and want to be the best representation of that, that I can be and despite the fact I dont feel I have done anything that I feel is non Christian like, I still feel I can be better.  If you have a drinking problem, you dont go to the beer aisle in the grocery store.  So I am done.  Yall have a great time on here and I will still go to the games and enjoy myself and enjoy the rest of my life with my beautiful family the other 6 days of the week and leave this stuff behind.  I have met alot of folks from these boards that are great people and many I couldn't stand on the boards I actually liked in person.  Truth is we are all passionate about our teams and in more ways than not, are alot more alike than we would like to admit.  Like I said have a good time ladies and gentlemen on these boards.  They have been a source of great entertainment for me for years.  I'm sure I will come by and read when I need a good laugh but posting is over.  Shame ole Stampede all you want.  It doesnt matter.  What do you really gain?  I'm nobody, but God, well, he is Great!

27 minutes ago, iwasbornhatingmitchell said:

I have read through most of the garble this morning and to be honest, it is pathetic. Not a single one of the posters will play a single down or have ANY part of the win/loss of their team!

Two very good teams will line up for play on Friday night, a minimum of 48 minutes of high quality football will be played. Those in attendance will be blessed for having braved the cold and possible rain/snow to watch it live!! The winning team will be the one that plays most as a TEAM, commits the fewest mistakes, gets the fewest penalties, and inevitably ends up with more points.

Truthfully, with all the talent on the defensive side of the ball this could be an 8-0 or 6-0 final score for EITHER team.

That being said, a key factor is the Gibbs kid, he seems to have a problem with keeping his cool and being allowed to stay in the game for a full 48.

If he gets tossed early, Heritage might have a field day, but if Heritage can't hang on to the pigskin any better than they did in the first half of the Bandys game, they could lose by 30.

Another key factor is will Shehan be back or not. If he's not, Heritage could have issues getting outside, and Owen won't respect the passing game as much either, but that could end up hurting them as well, because pun or not Heritage does have a few more horses than Owen.

My personal opinion- Heritage comes out and holds onto the ball, Gibbs gets tossed in his final game, and Heritage wins by 20.

Now all of you are welcome to deciper, decode, whine, cry, and criticize my post as you wish. I'll check back after the game.

Good luck to all mountain teams this week (yes even those that wear that sickening purple), it's a tribute to the coaches, parents, and YOUNG MEN in WNC that we have so many teams "in the hunt"!

The biggest difference I see between Owen and Mountain Heritage, is that Owen has been playing much better after their Mitchell game, and Heritage has been playing garbage since their Mitchell game. Heritage has should've lost to Owen, Polk, and Bandys, but they scraped by. Owen cruised by Avery, Polk, and West Stanly, and but for a bad bounce, had Heritage beat. I'm going with the Warhorses 21-20

I just want to chime in and say this has been a good thread. Keep it up. Reminds me of a Mitchell/Heritage thread.

As far as the game until someone other than Reidsville knocks them out I will say Heritage 24-15. With that said, good luck to Owen, make them earn it. I hate to admit it but this should be a really good game to watch. (Would be better if played @ Owen instead of the hole. Lol). But I must stay on this side of the river until the purple loses out. Hopefully weather will not be a factor Friday night.

Go Mountaineers 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wncbowhunter said:

I just want to chime in and say this has been a good thread. Keep it up. Reminds me of a Mitchell/Heritage thread.

As far as the game until someone other than Reidsville knocks them out I will say Heritage 24-15. With that said, good luck to Owen, make them earn it. I hate to admit it but this should be a really good game to watch. (Would be better if played @ Owen instead of the hole. Lol). But I must stay on this side of the river until the purple loses out. Hopefully weather will not be a factor Friday night.

Go Mountaineers 

Good luck to you guys and hope y’all have a injury free game. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iwasbornhatingmitchell said:

You have no idea what you are talking about regarding Gibbs...his temper is not a problem.  He got tossed vs Polk just like the linemen from Polk did.  The Polk linemen was out of control.  Gibbs got a dq vs West Stanley in the 3rd because they said he hit the qb late but the whistle never blew and the hit was finishing the play.  Should have never been called.  You can only dream he would get tossed early vs yall.

3 hours ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

The biggest difference I see between Owen and Mountain Heritage, is that Owen has been playing much better after their Mitchell game, and Heritage has been playing garbage since their Mitchell game. Heritage has should've lost to Owen, Polk, and Bandys, but they scraped by. Owen cruised by Avery, Polk, and West Stanly, and but for a bad bounce, had Heritage beat. I'm going with the Warhorses 21-20

Guess what mountie..we still WON all them games..and hate to disapoint ya..but we will win this one too.Our defense is just to good .i do think it wiil be a good game as owen defense is good also .20 points will prob win it.If the weather is bad maybe less.

I always heard defense wins championships.   Mtn. Heritage's defense has been stout enough to make up for their lack of offense.  They were instrumental in overcoming 4 turnovers in the first half last week.  If not for their effort, it could have easily been a 28 or more to 6 at the half.  I think Sheehan being out hurts them more offensively than defensive. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Graham said:

The keys to winning this game: Extra points and Kick coverage!

Believe it or not we are 7-7 in our last extra point kicks. How bout that!😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OwenSnotBubble said:

I was surprised at how much Heritage threw against Polk. I think the Warhorses need to be ready for that.

They left it wide open for us..they stacked the box a lot to stop the run.every time we ran a pasa play there were  wrs open .so we kept throwing..not sure why they didnt adjust for it..guess there plan was we were not going to beat them running the ball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

Going all the way back to 1988 I see...

No really I think we kicked 6 at Madison and 1 Friday night. I meant of the last 7 we attempted. I may be wrong and we only kicked 5 against Madison but I think it was 6.

• Like 1

Just now, Heritage 84 said:

No really I think we kicked 6 at Madison and 1 Friday night. I meant of the last 7 we attempted. I may be wrong and we only kicked 5 against Madison but I think it was 6.

A kicker scored the only points we had in 2009 at state .field goal

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heritage 84 said:

And they were perfect down the middle kicks..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Owen Stampede said:

You have no idea what you are talking about regarding Gibbs...his temper is not a problem.  He got tossed vs Polk just like the linemen from Polk did.  The Polk linemen was out of control.  Gibbs got a dq vs West Stanley in the 3rd because they said he hit the qb late but the whistle never blew and the hit was finishing the play.  Should have never been called.  You can only dream he would get tossed early vs yall.

West Stanly Qb was already down when the Gibbs kid come flying in a couple seconds to late. The play happened near the 50 yds on the home sideline so Owens fans couldn’t see it up close. Refs made the correct call with the dq. 

• Like 1

If you go to Owen's maxpreps page.  They have the play on the highlights.  It was very close.  15 yard penalty is fine.  Dq is ridiculous.  Go watch it.  I have 15 times.  And I could see it very well.  Middle of field and in plain sight

4 hours ago, atucker2 said:

West Stanly Qb was already down when the Gibbs kid come flying in a couple seconds to late. The play happened near the 50 yds on the home sideline so Owens fans couldn’t see it up close. Refs made the correct call with the dq. 

Truth is they gave him the dq because your fans were calling for it.  It was pretty stupid.  He was fighting to stay on his feet and Gibbs made sure he didnt

16 minutes ago, Owen Stampede said:

Truth is they gave him the dq because your fans were calling for it.  It was pretty stupid.  He was fighting to stay on his feet and Gibbs made sure he didnt

Gibbs lunged at the exact moment the QB started going down. If it were just a penalty, it would have been a bad call. Course, I wasn't there, and everything is easier to spot on film...

9 hours ago, Owen Stampede said:

I said that when it happened.  I was up in the stands 100 yards away so I dont know about those refs.  They were horrible

Was a good call...player was on the ground cant defend himself...GOOD CALL

• Like 1