Sign in to follow this  
BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Tuscola head football JT Postell coach steps down

Rate this topic

Must be a reason why there struggling , do we know who running n helping with the process? like are board members helping or is it just AD/Principle or something because it will be interesting to see why there struggling n why coaches are turning it down 

2 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Must be a reason why there struggling , do we know who running n helping with the process? like are board members helping or is it just AD/Principle or something because it will be interesting to see why there struggling n why coaches are turning it down 

Looks like the school  is having trouble get a good coach to take the job for sure!

1 hour ago, EBborn1911 said:

Looks like the school  is having trouble get a good coach to take the job for sure!

Principal is running the whole show. AD is spectator

12 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

heard from someone that the Board Members are as well in the decision making too 

They vote and approve the principals pick when he takes it before the board Other than that they aren't involved.

IF you think that the board members and the Bit T club along with certain citizens of the county aren't involved your naive. It may not be publicly involved but they are involved.

To many interests pulling in too many directions in Waynesville.

• Like 2

I don't know how many coaches follow this board, but this thread can't help the situation.  I'm sure these issues that are being discussed, if as true as they are stated here, are well known around the coaching community though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Superkase said:

I don't know how many coaches follow this board, but this thread can't help the situation.  I'm sure these issues that are being discussed, if as true as they are stated here, are well known around the coaching community though.

Tough situation to go into, for sure! Gotta love fanatical fans though. At least they care. Maybe too much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fornow said:

Better than the opposite problem?????

The opposite problem as in places where they don't care about football at all. Been there. Done that.

6 hours ago, Paul Graham said:

IF you think that the board members and the Bit T club along with certain citizens of the county aren't involved your naive. It may not be publicly involved but they are involved.

To many interests pulling in too many directions in Waynesville.

The bit T club as you called it were involved in the K.M. coach for sure but the coach now I doubt it. 33% win average. No, maybe your right, they might be begging the principal to reopen for applications. The boosters,aka the bit T club ,are asking for someone else. I can guarantee you the A.D. didn't ask one single question in the interviews. Just the principal.

54 minutes ago, HUK daddy said:

The bit T club as you called it were involved in the K.M. coach for sure but the coach now I doubt it. 33% win average. No, maybe your right, they might be begging the principal to reopen for applications. The boosters,aka the bit T club ,are asking for someone else. I can guarantee you the A.D. didn't ask one single question in the interviews. Just the principal.

That in itself is a major problem. There should always be a review board made up of the principal, AD, two current assistant coaches, and a retired coach. Unless a principal is a former FB coach how do they know what questions to ask. In many cases this applies to the AD as well. A well thought out set of questions from each person should be used in the interview which should not only include football questions but questions about assistant coaches duties, handling player problem( player rules such as the use of profanity (coaches and players), punishment, classroom problems, grade issues, etc.),  how they plan to involve the MS and rec coaches in the HS program as well as other factors that are important should be addressed. One major problem that I have seen a lot is the fact that many times principals and AD's have their minds made up who they want and because they have to interview a set number of candidates they allow coaches from far away to interview knowing that they are not going to get the job. To allow a coach to drive 8 hours and waste a couple days knowing he will not get the job is almost criminal. These administrators have the ability to screen applicants and invite who they want to invite. If they know who they want all they have to do is invite only local coaches who apply. At least they have wasted no more than a couple hours of these peoples time.

I have heard administrators say that a certain coach was the front runner because their application looked so good. One problem is that they seldom call the coaches last school to see what their past principal and AD thought about that person. They do a terrible job of doing a thorough background check and when things do not go well they seem surprised.

28 minutes ago, Glenn said:

I have heard administrators say that a certain coach was the front runner because their application looked so good. One problem is that they seldom call the coaches last school to see what their past principal and AD thought about that person. They do a terrible job of doing a thorough background check and when things do not go well they seem surprised.

A problem for sure.  I know someone that used a slick application and their social media to make himself look like the best candidate ever.   Last two jobs didn't check with Principal or AD.  His flaws came to light at both places.  Neither ended well.  Lesson is simple, talk to the people that really, really know!!

6 hours ago, gg4bama said:

The definition of settling.  

yesterday I know a Catawba county coach that got a call to come talk again with them but he turn them down. Too many Red Flags to move for sure!

On 1/14/2020 at 8:19 AM, Paul Graham said:

Big T, you know what i was saying. This is a great job for Chris. He gets to come home and rebuild a proud program.

We'll see.. roll mounties..lol