Sign in to follow this  
Buddy Amerson

Long Rides

Rate this topic

I always enjoy the aspect of playing new teams that the playoffs sometimes/usually provides. I noticed a couple of long trips in round one (Union at Alleghany, Albemarle at Hayesville to name a couple). Who is taking the longest trip this week to see your favorite team do work? 

• Like 1

Wonders only have to go about 140 miles or so up to Arden. 

Albemarle to Hayesville is going to clock in at about 5 hours @ 270 miles. A trip those young people will likely talk about for many years to come. 

Nearly the same for Union to Alleghany . I am sure there are others. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Wonders is still a 2 and half or so drive so still not the longest but thats a nice little ride up to Ashesville

It's not 2.5 hrs to Roberson it's 2:15

14 minutes ago, Buddy Amerson said:

Wonders only have to go about 140 miles or so up to Arden. 

Albemarle to Hayesville is going to clock in at about 5 hours @ 270 miles. A trip those young people will likely talk about for many years to come. 

Nearly the same for Union to Alleghany . I am sure there are others. 

With the Saluda Grade, Cowee Mountain and Winding Stairs Gap on the route, that bus ride will be longer than 5 hours.  I hope their bus driver(s) understand gearing down or they're going to have a wild ride.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Superkase said:

With the Saluda Grade, Cowee Mountain and Winding Stairs Gap on the route, that bus ride will be longer than 5 hours.  I hope their bus driver(s) understand gearing down or they're going to have a wild ride.

Stay the hell off Saluda Mtn.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dogs9 said:

Albemarle is leaving Friday morning at 10:30 for their 526 mile round trip.Good luck to the Bulldogs.

Good luck to the Bulldogs.

5 hours ago, Buddy Amerson said:

I always enjoy the aspect of playing new teams that the playoffs sometimes/usually provides. I noticed a couple of long trips in round one (Union at Alleghany, Albemarle at Hayesville to name a couple). Who is taking the longest trip this week to see your favorite team do work? 

in 2006 Pasquotank Co. had to travel to Salisbury for a first round game,  4.5 hrs away. i thought that was something. but this Albemarle trip....wow.

8 hours ago, Buddy Amerson said:

A long ride is better than no ride I believe!! lol

8 hours ago, Friday Nights in K-Town said:

2001 Kannapolis went to Franklin. That was a haul!!

From Franklin, Albemarle will have one extra set of mountains to cross before they get to Hayesville.

23 hours ago, Superkase said:

Better pack some Dramamine.

Albemarle survives their first long ride with a 55-7 win over Hayesville. Now they have only about a 220 mile round trip to play Thomas Jefferson which is a lot better than their ride to Hayesville.Good luck this week Bulldogs.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 4:32 PM, Superkase said:

They took a train?

3 minutes ago, warrior1 said:

I think Salisbury will have a good ride home!!

The interesting thing about this is that two years ago I watched Salisbury play basketball at Mountain Heritage and now they are  football playing at Washington.  So a kid that played on that basketball team who is now playing football will have played games ranging from almost to the coast to almost to the Tennessee border.

Sign in to follow this