Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

4AA West Bracket Discussion

Rate this topic

24 minutes ago, btango said:

I don’t like the bye but the first year of the bye setup (2017) MC lost in the state title game.  In 2016 the year before the bye was implemented MC lost to Butler in the second round.  It has went each way for them.

Ok correction, creek has had some success with the 1st round bye. They just got beat back to back years by very familiar teams.I still don't like the 1st round bye, feel there are more negatives for the team rather than positives. 

My pick was Creek at the beginning of the playoffs and that didn't last long lol. My new pick is Richmond. Think they have the best player left and he plays the most important position. They also have home field advantage. A little raider magic one time to close the decade for them.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, btango said:

I don’t like the bye but the first year of the bye setup (2017) MC lost in the state title game.  In 2016 the year before the bye was implemented MC lost to Butler in the second round.  It has went each way for them.

2017 team came dangerously close to losing to a average North Meck team coming of bye. They scored more points than anyone else including WF in the playoffs. If NM could tackle anyone that night they win.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wiseman704 said:

Great point but don’t know if that’s a creek problem. I think in general a big portion of kids are playing strictly for offers. Winning a state title means less and less to players these days. You ask a kid why he switched schools, the will say it was a “business decision”, not bc they want to win more..they just want more offers.

I think the biggest problem for creek is these damn 1st round byes and how to adjust to this new format. If my mind serves me correct they have not won a playoff game since the format has changed to the current bye week.

Very good points about being a "business decision".  Thus you have the sprouting up of IMG Academies, St. Frances in Baltimore. This is a widespread issue. 

1 hour ago, Wrigley said:

2017 team came dangerously close to losing to a average North Meck team coming of bye. They scored more points than anyone else including WF in the playoffs. If NM could tackle anyone that night they win.

Remember that well.  Was not really surprised.  North had play everyone tight except Vance and beat Richmond in the first round on the road.  

Six weeks before MC beat North by nine points.  In the playoff game they won by eight.  One point change.  The three losses have had a point differential of 29, 28, and 16.  

48 minutes ago, btango said:

Remember that well.  Was not really surprised.  North had play everyone tight except Vance and beat Richmond in the first round on the road.  

Six weeks before MC beat North by nine points.  In the playoff game they won by eight.  One point change.  The three losses have had a point differential of 29, 28, and 16.  

I remember that night for us....I think MJ Williams had 400 total yards vs NM that night.

21 hours ago, mrhonda said:

Very good points about being a "business decision".  Thus you have the sprouting up of IMG Academies, St. Frances in Baltimore. This is a widespread issue. 

Has there been any talks of something like an IMG white team (the one that can play in the FL playoffs and is not nearly as good) or Oceanside/Legion being done in Charlotte? I don't expect anyone to go for something like the main IMG team, which is basically a barnstorming team for elite HS football players, but I think a collegiate academy could take off in the right area of town.

1 hour ago, EMEagle said:

Has there been any talks of something like an IMG white team (the one that can play in the FL playoffs and is not nearly as good) or Oceanside/Legion being done in Charlotte? I don't expect anyone to go for something like the main IMG team, which is basically a barnstorming team for elite HS football players, but I think a collegiate academy could take off in the right area of town.

There's a team similar but not exactly like IMG that was formed in Chester, VA, just south of Richmond.  It's Life Christian Academy.  Here's an interesting article about the program. 

https://www.richmond.com/sports/high-school/at-life-christian-the-area-s-newest-high-school-football/article_cc196b7c-d1b2-11e8-a1e5-1b9af5598df4.html

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this