Sign in to follow this  
MooresvilleDevil06

#6 Mooresville (6-5) vs. #11 Page (3-8)

Rate this topic

Should be a good one ... Hope for no injuries and just hope both teams bring A game n Let the best team/coaching staff win..... 

Coach Jared Rolfes is a great head and Been very successful - Coach Well had done extremely well in his first 2 years as Mooresville HC and He is great mind. Both coaches seem young as well so This will be a fun match up because we are seeing more and more young HC's are rising up in all levels of Football (HS,COLLEGE, NFL) 

41 minutes ago, Page Pirates 1989 said:

Not sure what's going on?

Im sure its just the doctors shutting him down for the rest of the season. no point in risking another head injury.

• Like 1

20-0 halftime 

after a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty against Page is assessed on the kickoff, Mooresville recovers onside kick with 2.8 secs left, scores TD on fake FG attempt from near mid field as time expired.

4 minutes ago, WHPco06 said:

not surprised, Page has been anemic on offense all year and is susceptible to giving up scores

shot themselves in the foot on their first drive, fumbling into the end zone instead of going up 7-0. they’re scrappy as hell though.

Just now, moonpie said:

shot themselves in the foot on their first drive, fumbling into the end zone instead of going up 7-0. scrappy as hell though.

Page has turned the ball over on first drives of the game after going the length of the field, multiple times this year.

Page showed alot of life in the 2nd half. Credit to the players and coaches for hanging tough and giving themselves a chance to win in the end!

i did hear there were some scuffles and extracurricular activities after some whistles and what not, that comes back to discipline, one thing i wish this current version of Page had more of.

Page is a good looking football team. QB 14 with an absolute cannon for an arm and RB/QB 12 is a tank! And that #4 impressed me on defense as well. The second half was an absolute flag fest... took away any and all flow of the game. 

• Like 2

I dont think i ever seen back to back to back to back penalties n all are on mooresville, 2 defense holdings (which u never see much), a roughing the passes and i think other one was a unsportsmanlike conduct but Page has some pretty big penalties as well  but The referee were god awful n u think u would have some GOOD referee in the playoffs because these referee were flag happy. 

Page is not a bad team, they have some good young athletes who can ball. #14 is a great QB and did a lot for page. I like the aggressiveness that page got in the 2nd half n the motentum changed to their favor in 2nd half with a safety and a big TD which made it 20-15 late 4th. 

Mooresville had some big dropped passes early in the game which hurt us in my opinion and run game we had some miscues on handoffs but I have give credit to the MOORESVILLE DEFENSE..... They kept Mooresville in the game and were in the game basically for most of the 2nd half n they bent a little but never broke because The referee killed us in 3rd qtr as mention above. Mooresville SURVIVES and ADVANCES!!!!! A WIN IS A WIN!!!! 27-15 and Next Up is RAGSDALE!  

On 11/12/2019 at 9:15 AM, Page Pirates 1989 said:

Melton is no longer on the team. He was in the stands for the Grimsley game.

Rolfes keeps running kids off we may have to shut the program down until some middle schoolers make their up to high school.!! SMDH

Rolfes keeps running kids off we may have to shut the program down until some middle schoolers make their up to high school.!! SMDH

On 11/10/2019 at 9:08 PM, Chris Hughes said:

No, Page is just the most respectable 3-8 team left, but make no bones about it, there are no good 3-8 teams!  It's still a bad year for the Pirates even by making the playoffs, their fans complain about 7-win seasons.  Now they're out of their mind crazy! (Which I can appreciate, at least they care!)

But to your overall sentiment, I do agree with you BlueDevilsBiggestFan. 

On 11/10/2019 at 9:08 PM, Chris Hughes said:

No, Page is just the most respectable 3-8 team left, but make no bones about it, there are no good 3-8 teams!  It's still a bad year for the Pirates even by making the playoffs, their fans complain about 7-win seasons.  Now they're out of their mind crazy! (Which I can appreciate, at least they care!)

But to your overall sentiment, I do agree with you BlueDevilsBiggestFan. 

I will agree with you that we are upset about this 3-9 season because we do care! I will disagree with you about being a well coached team. Since Gillespie left the discipline of this team has slowly eroded . Kids transferring out of the program and would not be surprised if more do so this off season. With that said I still don’t think the admin will make a move this year to replace him, because too many people outside the program have his back and still thinks he is a great coach even though he was a sub .500 coach when hired. Us crazed fans will sit back this next season and let things unfold like we know they will

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WolfBlood said:

I will agree with you that we are upset about this 3-9 season because we do care! I will disagree with you about being a well coached team. Since Gillespie left the discipline of this team has slowly eroded . Kids transferring out of the program and would not be surprised if more do so this off season. With that said I still don’t think the admin will make a move this year to replace him, because too many people outside the program have his back and still thinks he is a great coach even though he was a sub .500 coach when hired. Us crazed fans will sit back this next season and let things unfold like we know they will

23-14 (9-6) coming into Page

Wolf blood is an unhappy person it seems.  Must feel better after every negative comment. Don’t just “sit back” and b*tch and moan....be of service and help if you know so much.

• Like 2